What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
Yesterday, Wednesday.....

Breakfast: Two grilled rashers of bacon and one dry fried egg

Lunch: Nothing

Dinner: An avocado pear with some prawns and a small amount of lambs lettuce followed by a helping of Bigos

Dessert: 50g of the usual Alpro chocolate and hazelnut ice cream alternative

Drinks: black decaff coffee until lunchtime then sparkling mineral water

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Just seen that video. So easy!
The only thing I will say is that goodness those portions are HUGE.
I would only want about a third of one of those portions. Even the little ramekin sized portion in the Sainsbury's version was a bit big. Although I managed to soldier on through it. I am good like that.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I would only want about a third of one of those portions. Even the little ramekin sized portion in the Sainsbury's version was a bit big. Although I managed to soldier on through it. I am good like that.
Think I might make it on Sunday - nice easy dessert.

Reactions: ziggy_w and Chook

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Still have a lingering bug. Bed 6.4 FBG 7.1 then got waves in the 8's and low 9's before it came back down.
B. Nothing
L. Nothing - living on water and paracetamol
D. More using up - slice ox tongue, mortadella and smokehouse cured ham. 4 tre colori pomodori and an omelette with parsley. Odd combination but I'm trying to use up things I can't freeze.

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello
B. Raspberries and cream

1 hours swimming

L. Camambert and walnuts

D. Chicken, carrots, onions and a cabbage mountain, with gravy. Strawberries and cream.

heh

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Tea
B: Bacon, scrambled eggs, chia pudding
L: Corned beef & tomato butty on Tesco sunflower & pumpkin bread, melon & a light & free yogurt.
T: Sausage, mushroom & oregano (a recipe from my new Good Food Low Carb recipe book) & some tiny new potatoes. Water.
Tea throughout the day.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Tea
B: Bacon, scrambled eggs, chia pudding
L: Corned beef & tomato butty on Tesco sunflower & pumpkin bread, melon & a light & free yogurt.
T: Sausage, mushroom & oregano (a recipe from my new Good Food Low Carb recipe book) & some tiny new potatoes. Water.
Tea throughout the day.
Good Food do a low carb recipe book?? How did I miss that one.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well, BG and eating have been all over the place today. Started out at 5.1, which is within my usual FBG range. Morning rise was only 0.4 mmols to 5.5. Usually I then head downwards all day. Not today, up to 6.5 by 10 am and still at 5.8 pre-lunch, despite not eating. Headed down from there, but only slowly. Finally hit 4.7 post dinner. Really odd!

Offsite departmental away-day followed by event at a funder’s office, then to a pub to continue team away-day, so eating all out of kilter.

Breakfast - none

Lunch - Had a large one as knew dinner would be late and bitty. Pret A Manger Tuna Niçoise salad, with some of the French dressing, Pret Egg and Avocado protein pot, Awfully Posh pork crackling.

Dinner - a few slices of salami/cold meat in the pub, 50g almonds. Was still hungry when got home and as BG finally down, had some more Awfully Posh and 2 squares Lindt 90%.

GrantGam

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Knew you'd manage to get your way through a massive portion like that @Brunneria, even if it was a battle - you got there:)

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
Thursday...

Breakfast and Lunch: Nothing

Dinner: Avocado with prawns, rib steak with goats cheese (ran out of Stilton - won't bother with the goats cheese again though) - plus celeriac 'chips' and salad, 50g Alpro choc icecream

Drinks: Black decaff coffee until lunch time then sparkling mineral water for the rest of the day

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thursday ...

Breakfast: Two double decaffeinated espresso with cream and xylitol.

Lunch: Nothing.

Snack: One Werther's.

Dinner: Half a homemade low-carb roll with mayonnaise and smoked sockeye salmon, half a low-carb roll with philly cheese steak, half an avocado, a cornsalad with Caesar's dressing, parmesan, and two boiled eggs. Desert: One small low-carb peanut butter cookie.

annscullamus

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Found out about the wonder of Whey protein ! I looked for some with stevia sweetener and fewer additives and came up with a raspberry one from MyProtein. So have joined the smoothie world after five years of avoidance!

B - protein smoothie with almond milk

L - small salad with cheese and nuts

D - Indian meal out - hence saving up my carbs for

Chicken Chat
2 poppadoms
Tandoori chicken with veg
Coffee

Will just make it to 35/40g carbs for the day. Phew !
https://tamingtype2.blogspot.co.uk/