Goodbye

Status
Not open for further replies.

woodywhippet61

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I will miss your posts. You were one of the people to respond to my first post and thus one of the first people to offer help to me.

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@Diabeticliberty. So I'm now bitter and aggressive!!!!!!!
Thank you for your input.
As with the majority of your posts, I shall smile at your sense of humour.

woodywhippet61

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Wow why did you think that comment was aimed at you. See how easy it is to make assumptions and become offended or defensive or aggressive on these forums.

MikeTurin

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
It seems there is rather a lot more flack being thrown around on this thread than anything OP encounterd apparently causing his decision to quit. While it's lovely that you wish to express support for the OP, and his helpful contributions to the forum do deserve support, it is disappointing that support is expressed by blindly throwing worse flack at anyone who may have "perpetrated" the encountering.
Can't agree more
I have read this thread and I have a couple of things to say about the question. I have followed both the threads and didn't find anything rude or offensive.
What I see is that there are some people, not only @AM1874 that have found the right combination of diet, testing and whatever and they are perusing LCHF or Atkins or whatever sometimes rapid firing canned boilerplate answers in addition and before the "welcome message" for new members from @daisy1.

I am an old timer of on-line communities, so I somewhat understand that a message written by someone on a random BBS, a book on the subject, your doctor advice and an article printed on Lancet, Nature or Science have a different weight.
Other people that are newer netizens maybe could be less aware of this. On the other hand without a direct and complete understanding of the situation on the other part even the best advice could be wrong because some factors one foresee.
For instance the advice to but a specific brand of meter could be false if one isn't in UK but for instance not for Ireland, Canada or United States.
I am using another brand of meter because I've found that some pharmacies are selling you strips at a discounted rate if you agree to buy a minimal quantity of canisters for year, and gives you the less fancy meters for a token sum like 5€. But because it's a local thing I don't say this on forums, because I think I am the only one here that lives in Turin.

Last edited:

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Wow why did you think that comment was aimed at you. See how easy it is to make assumptions and become offended or defensive or aggressive on these forums.
Because the reason the OP has decided to make his decisions is purely down to replies he got from me and one other.
Have you bothered to read the full history of this thread?

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I would suggest that no one ever assumes that their advice is going to be relevant to the person they are addressing (regardless of diabetes type), until they have done the following:
- checked what type of diabetes the person has (should be visible under their profile picture, but isn't always)
- checked what medication they are on (may be in their signature, may be on their profile, but isn't always)
- checked for other health complaints that may affect the response (may be in the sig, or profile, but aren't always)
- has carefully read the post to which they are responding (little details like country, blood glucose units, etc. can make a big difference).

If you can't work out any of those things from the information available, then don't make assumptions
just ask.

And no, I don't pretend to do this all the time. I am human. So are you. We all jump to conclusions, make mistakes, post in a hurry, etc. etc.
But it is a great goal, isn't it?
To actually read carefully, and tailor the answer to the person you are addressing, in order to give out relevant information.

I would also encourage every forum user to complete their profile with all their health conditions, meds and an accurate description of the diabetes type.
It really does help people to help each other.

Reactions: ickihun

woodywhippet61

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Because the reason the OP has decided to make his decisions is purely down to replies he got from me and one other.
Have you bothered to read the full history of this thread?

I haven't found the 3rd topic but have read the other two and yes I have read this thread.

Please note I could have written BOTHERED to read this thread and thus taken offence at you using that word. But this morning I'm feeling chilled out and I didn't. :) I made the choice not be offended. We can all do this but sometimes it's easier than other times.

Last edited:

AM1874

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Not much
Mr @AM1874

I need you to return to (duty) at 09.00 16.10.17. That is an order. (he he) : ickihun using her military voice.

There'll be no more advising type1s. Is that understood?

(Here's where I'm hoping @AM1874 will reply and say...."yes sir".)

Carry on.
"YES SIR".

On a serious note.
@AM1874 i'll be disgusted if you stop your brilliant help.

If its getting too heavy for one person to achieve, we are here to help. Give us permission to paste and copy your advice and we can all help. Instead of all of it just on you. ♡♥♡
Last post ..
You don't really need it but permission granted for anyone who thinks it might help to copy and paste anything I have written
Thanks everyone ..

D

Diabeticliberty

If you have read the majority of my posts then please appreciate I have no absolutely no problem with articulating myself. With this in mind had my post been directed at you then I would have named you. I didn't name you because my post was not directed at you :)

Reactions: marathonmona

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Last post ..
You don't really need it but permission granted for anyone who thinks it might help to copy and paste anything I have written
Thanks everyone ..

AM1874 - Perhaps take a bit of time away from the forum, then see how you feel. I'm sure, for one reason or another, many, many of us have had the "do I really need this in my life" thoughts. Sometimes a few days, weeks or even months away helps a lot.

I don't think anyone wants you to leave, but if that is your decision, then I respect respect your decision.

Reactions: woodywhippet61

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
If you have read the majority of my posts then please appreciate I have no absolutely no problem with articulating myself. With this in mind had my post been directed at you then I would have named you. I didn't name you because my post was not directed at you :)
But your post was directed at someone nonetheless. On account you haven't named names are we all to assume we could possibly fall victim to being bitter and aggressive?
I find your humour on the forum most refreshing and have no argument with you, but feel the comment you made should have had a specific target. If not then best not make such a comment.

Reactions: Mark_1

catapillar

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I implore you not to let a few bitter and aggressive individuals spoil what you bring for the resat of us. please reconsider your decision.

So who was this directed at? Had you read the threads in question? Where is the evidence of any bitterness or aggressiveness in those threads? I don't see it. And let's be honest I'm probably "the other" potential candidate other than @therower and it's a bit upsetting to be thought of in those terms. If you could explain where you see the agression and bitterness it would be helpful if you could explain it to me so that I can try not to inadvertently give off such an impression in future.

Similarly @phdiabetic i would be grateful if you could explain what part of the threads in question you think show anyone crazy, stupid or mean?

@JohnEGreen would you please be able to explain where to threads in question were patronising or condescending? If you could highlight what gives off that impression from posts in the thread in question one could learn to avoid posting in a way that would be unintentionally perceived as patronising and condescending.

D

Diabeticliberty

But your post was directed at someone nonetheless. On account you haven't named names are we all to assume we could possibly fall victim to being bitter and aggressive?
I find your humour on the forum most refreshing and have no argument with you, but feel the comment you made should have had a specific target. If not then best not make such a comment.

I was at that time of the opinion that anybody being made to feel that they had to leave the Forum due to negative comments by other posters could have only be doing so because of bitter and aggressive replies. I will confess that at that time I had not read the thread being referred to. I will also confess that I absolutely should have read it before posting my own reply. For that I apologise.

D

Diabeticliberty

So who was this directed at? Had you read the threads in question? Where is the evidence of any bitterness or aggressiveness in those threads? I don't see it. And let's be honest I'm probably "the other" potential candidate other than @therower and it's a bit upsetting to be thought of in those terms. If you could explain where you see the agression and bitterness it would be helpful if you could explain it to me so that I can try not to inadvertently give off such an impression in future.

Similarly @phdiabetic i would be grateful if you could explain what part of the threads in question you think show anyone crazy, stupid or mean?

@JohnEGreen would you please be able to explain where to threads in question were patronising or condescending? If you could highlight what gives off that impression from posts in the thread in question one could learn to avoid posting in a way that would be unintentionally perceived as patronising and condescending.

My reply to @therower was being posted as you posted your own reply. Please refer to it.

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Not directed at anyone in particular but this is a forum, people give their opinions, why not just take it or leave it.

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Litterbugs war mongers hate mongers propagandists.
I'm sure there's more.

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Litterbugs war mongers hate mongers propagandists.
I'm sure there's more.
Maybe take a wee break and come back

I did that when some of the LCHF posters slagged me off for saying I ate a banana for my breakfast
How dare you utter the B word so casually!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.