What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all.

Yesterday's meals ...

Breakfast: Two double decaffeinated espressos with cream and xylitol.

Lunch: Nothing.

Dinner: About 120g of tuna sashimi with a homemade dip of lime, soy sauce, mustard, low-carb honey and macadamia oil, a table spoon of hummus, a ramekin filled with low-carb chocolate mousse with whipping cream, four strawberries.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi.

Still fasting, so no breakfast or lunch.

Dinner was 2 Waitrose free range Cumberland sausages, 2 rashers of bacon and a Bird’s Eye burger followed by Oppo chocolate and hazelnut ice cream with double cream.

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
Breakfast glass water and a coffee
Lunch salmon on a bed of vegetables 2 small potatoes coffee and a non alcoholic Mojito. Eaten out today lovely meal
Tested when we got home BG 4.5.
Evening Meal pork chop sweet potato chips and poached egg. Cup tea. K

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Running a bit behind again. Thurs bed 5.9 FBG Friday 6.7. Bed Friday 5.8 FBG this morning 6.3

Friday - aqua day
B. Tassimo Americano grande with a dash of cream.
L. Marigold Swiss bouillon
D. Pork chop with Nando's peri peri rub. Roasted squash and sweet potato. Mushrooms and a wee prosecco.

Aqua fit and water running

Saturday - swimming with No 1 grandson
B Tassimo Americano grande with a dash of cream.
L. Slice of Hovis low carb seeded with a wee bit coronation chicken. BGs were dropping a bit low. Marigold Swiss bouillon.
D. Slice of lean corned beef, pork leg , fire and smoke turkey, half slice of ham, tongue and roast beef. Lettuce, tre colori tomatoes, 1/2 avocado, coleslaw , one baby beet and Helmanns. Some chocolate chia pudding and 6 raspberries. 2 bits Lindt 90%.
Can't say it's solving my low BGs - currently 3.9.

heh

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Saturday

Tea
B: 2 toast with butter - Tesco pumpkin & sunflower seed bread
L: KFC - I had a double down - it was delicious if a bit messy :D, small fries & a latte
T: Tesco Chinese takeaway in a box, 2 G&T's (slimline T of course), 2 glasses of red.
Sparkling water during the day

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: none
L: early and out to posh pub. Bless em, they let dogs sit under the tables. Unfortunately we sat beside the patio doors onto terrace over duck pond. Various attempts to hunt ducks had to be foiled before they settled. Ate belly pork with broccoli, carrot and a small boiled potato. Small portions, but delicious.
D: gf Doritos with sliced raw peppers, guacamole, home made salsa and coleslaw. Mr B had 5x more Doritos and I felt v virtuous until I saw the numbers. Carbs twice in the day was obviously overload.

ghost_whistler

I've increased my protein by about 40g (roughly). It has led to increased satiety, but I am concerned that there is such a thing as too much. I reckon i get around twice my LBM a day in protein, in grams. Opinions on whether that is good or bad are divided

Reactions: ziggy_w

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Bed on 3.9 FBG 5.9. Had a breakfast today but no lunch as it's the bigger than normal Sunday dinner and been busy cooking.
B. Tassimo Americano grande with a dash of cream and an omelette that's a variation on that courgetti cheese sandwich. Chop a couple of slices of bacon and fry with 3 or 4 halved cherry tomatoes. Put a good handful of courgetti in the pan and turn over. Beat 2 eggs with parsley and a little cream and add to the pan. Leave to let a base form then put under a hot grill to cook the top. Before it browns scatter about 2 ozs of grated red Leicester cheese over it and return to the grill to melt the cheese. Fold over and serve. It's yummy!
L. Nothing
D. Diet Doctor goulash soup. Veal liver with spinach, peas and a new version of the better than potato cauliflower mash and onion. Lemon cloud pie - I'll post the recipes later as I'm making odd changes.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Here's the recipes

Diet doctor goulash soup

Added vegetable stock and may add a red chilli

https://www.dietdoctor.com/recipes/low-carb-goulash-soup

The new version of better than potato cauliflower mash. Not sure I can get smoked gouda but will get some kind of smoked cheese

https://www.ibreatheimhungry.com/20...da-cauliflower-mash-low-carb-gluten-free.html

Lemon cloud pie

https://www.ibreatheimhungry.com/2016/05/lemon-cloud-pie-low-carb-gluten-free.html

I'm going to use the 6 egg whites to make a topping with xylitol which I'll blowtorch

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Here's the recipes

Diet doctor goulash soup

Added vegetable stock and may add a red chilli

https://www.dietdoctor.com/recipes/low-carb-goulash-soup

The new version of better than potato cauliflower mash. Not sure I can get smoked gouda but will get some kind of smoked cheese

https://www.ibreatheimhungry.com/20...da-cauliflower-mash-low-carb-gluten-free.html

Lemon cloud pie

https://www.ibreatheimhungry.com/2016/05/lemon-cloud-pie-low-carb-gluten-free.html

I'm going to use the 6 egg whites to make a topping with xylitol which I'll blowtorch
OK - the goulash soup does not need a chilli! Plenty heat with the smoked paprika and the cayenne. It will need the dollop of sour cream to cool it.
No luck with smoked gouda so I got a German smoked instead for the new potato (cauliflower) recipe.
Should add I'll have my usual campari and soda and a wee prosecco with dinner.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
omelette that's a variation on that courgetti cheese sandwich. Chop a couple of slices of bacon and fry with 3 or 4 halved cherry tomatoes. Put a good handful of courgetti in the pan and turn over. Beat 2 eggs with parsley and a little cream and add to the pan. Leave to let a base form then put under a hot grill to cook the top. Before it browns scatter about 2 ozs of grated red Leicester cheese over it and return to the grill to melt the cheese. Fold over and serve. It's yummy!.

That sounds good - and less of a faff than the original courgette grilled cheese. Will give this version a try.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
The new version of better than potatoes mash is brilliant! Really addictive. The goulash soup is brilliant too.

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Breakfast coffee
Brunch two slices smoked bacon 2 poached eggs 1 slice whole grain toast cup tea
Mid afternoon went out To garden centre to see fabulous Christmas displays and dressed Christmas trees we had half a scone and butter each and a pot of tea
Evening meal roast lamb cooked earlier cauliflower roasted chanteney carrots Half a potato not much at all too full on veg. with gravy. Cup tea
Coffee fruit tea rest of evening. K

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Saturday ...

Breakfast: Two double decaffeinated espressos with cream and xylitol. About 120g of tuna sashimi with a homemade sauce of low-carb honey, lime, mustard, and soy sauce.

Dinner: Leftover Swiss chard with eggplant, onion, garlic, ginger and sambal oelek. Different types of cheeses, olives, chicken breast with homemade low-carb sate sauce. Some low-carb chocolate mousse with whipped cream. A glass of red wine.

Last edited:

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Saturday ...

Breakfast: Two double decaffeinated espressos with cream and xylitol. About 120g of salmon with a homemade sauce of low-carb honey, lime, mustard, and soy sauce.

Dinner: Leftover Swiss chard with eggplant, onion, garlic, ginger and sambal oelek. Different types of cheeses, olives, chicken breast with homemade low-carb sate sauce. Some low-carb chocolate mousse with whipped cream. A glass of red wine.
Hi Ziggy what is sambal oelek and sate sauce, interesting meal I always find it curious what we eat and like knowing what different foods are. K

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Completed my 2 weeks of fasting. Was going to say let the feasting begin, but it kind of already did with dinner.

So no breakfast or lunch. Dinner was fat head pizza followed by raspberries and cream

How did it go? And how do you feel?

2 weeks... that must have been hard...