Weekly weigh in - Fridays

Geordie_P

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I skipped last friday's weigh in coz I'd done some fairly severe binging (alcohol and carbs both) and knew it couldn't be good news. Since last Monday I've been pretty strict though; no alcohol at all, and nothing more carby than cabbage. I'm also going to try 8 weeks with no alcohol at all, and see how that goes. Today I was 179lbs, which is considerably better than it could have been, but I've got a way to go yet.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
70KG today (and for the previous five days or so). This is a drop of 1KG and not welcome (see signature below for history).

If the past is any guide, it is a random fluctuation. I hope so.
You can have a couple of my spare kgs if you like, I’ll even pay the postage! ;):):joyful:

Reactions: rainbow79

Grateful

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
You can have a couple of my spare kgs if you like, I’ll even pay the postage! ;):):joyful:

I wish we could all live in a Goldilocks world where everthing is Just Right.

I've been a stringbean almost all of my life. Even as a child and teenager, the school nurses kept telling me I had to put on weight.

Edited to add: When I saw the doctor for the first time after going-low carb to deal with T2D, he said I had lost too much weight. "If you lose any more weight, you will disappear." To which I replied: I am not trying to lose weight, it happened because of the low-carb diet you put me on! He laughed.

Reactions: Prem51 and Rachox

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I wish we could all live in a Goldilocks world where everthing is Just Right.

I've been a stringbean almost all of my life. Even as a child and teenager, the school nurses kept telling me I had to put on weight.

Edited to add: When I saw the doctor for the first time after going-low carb to deal with T2D, he said I had lost too much weight. "If you lose any more weight, you will disappear." To which I replied: I am not trying to lose weight, it happened because of the low-carb diet you put me on! He laughed.
Did he advise more protein?

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I havent weighed all week. May have added as not strict but less stressed. See you guys tomorrow?

Reactions: Kentoldlady1

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all. So I am experimenting with a “two weeks on, two weeks off” approach to my diet, with the aim of maintaining resting energy expenditure. So following my two weeks of one meal a day, this week I had no calorie restrictions (although I never eat breakfast and didn’t change that).

Result? An 0.2 kg “gain”. I’ve stayed low carb, but eaten a lot more so happy with that. Same again next week!

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
120.90kgs with morning at 7am.
No loss this week as halloween frolics. Ha ha
I'll see what next week brings.

Need to find my losing streak before I forget what it is.
120.40kgs this morning. Fairly stable weight now. I've had halloween treats which are still hanging around.
I'm happy to settle on this weight til after xmas, then go strict low carb.
Financies are stopping me buying less stable carbs, which do give me carb cravings (a little).
However if I get an opportunity to low carb, I will.

(Will edit to put in my encouraging weight loss to date)
Started. 144.20kgs (22st 8lb) 2nd Jan '17
3wks ago.
119.40kgs (18st 10lb) 20th Oct '17
Today stable 120.40kgs (18st 13lb) 10th Nov' 17
Lost.
24.20kgs=approx 4st.

Well done to everyone for your weekly efforts. :)

Last edited:

Polgara

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Started 115.3 kg BMI 39.8 5.4.17
Today 69.5 kg BMI 24
Lost 45.8 kg

So that's 0.8kg down this week - and my total is now over 100 pounds :)

I would be happy to stay at this weight - though my "official" WW goal is 68kg

Kentoldlady1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hello all
Starting weight 101kgs 29 june2017
Today. 71kgs
Total loss. 30kgs.

So I have lost the extra one I put on 2 weeks ago.
Didn't post last week cos we were away for our wedding anniversary. Had far more to eat but walked quite a lot.

Hope everyone is well.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I’ve reached another of my sub-targets this week, 4 stone lost! Down 0.7kg since last Friday :happy:
Changed my Avatar last night to reflect my thinner face, I’ve put hearts in the background to signify my love for this forum, all the kind people and advice I’ve received that has got me where I am today, lighter and healthier! :)

Started 115kg 9thMay’17
Today 89.1kg 10th Nov’17
Total lost = 25.9kg (4 stone 1lb)

Grateful

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I am 70KG this morning, which is stable compared to a week ago but one kilo less than my "plateau" over the past six months.

This downward trend should be a concern as my BMI is now 18.7 and hovering on the edge of "underweight." However, on reflection, BMI is bunk, at least in my case. I consider myself to have been overweight at T2D diagnosis even though my BMI was "only" 21.7 (I had a strange "beer paunch"). We each have our own body type.

Today's 70KG brings me closer to where I used to be decades ago. For the whole of my 20s and 30s I wasn't much more than 60KG. So I have decided to Stop Worrying About It (unless there is a sudden, unexpected increase).

Grateful

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Changed my Avatar last night to reflect my thinner face, I’ve put hearts in the background to signify my love for this forum, all the kind people and advice I’ve received that has got me where I am today, lighter and healthier! :)

I like the new avatar. Well done! Not going to change my avatar ... that is me 42 years ago and I look much the same. Giant nose, long untidy hair (but not grey yet).

Reactions: Liam1955

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I’ve reached another of my sub-targets this week, 4 stone lost! Down 0.7kg since last Friday :happy:

Started 115kg 9thMay’17
Today 89.1kg 10th Nov’17
Total lost = 25.9kg (4 stone 1lb)

Great stuff!

Kentoldlady1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Morning all. So I am experimenting with a “two weeks on, two weeks off” approach to my diet, with the aim of maintaining resting energy expenditure. So following my two weeks of one meal a day, this week I had no calorie restrictions (although I never eat breakfast and didn’t change that).

Result? An 0.2 kg “gain”. I’ve stayed low carb, but eaten a lot more so happy with that. Same again next week!

hello! This is an interesting idea. I am close to my target weight and aim to do something similar. Are you finding the restricted weeks hard after the anything-you-like weeks?
And why 2 weeks? is that easier for you?

many thanks. Lyn.

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
Saturday 11th Nov.

No change still remain at 12 stone 12 lbs despite eating Toast, Soup and Chocolate last week. Due to being ill and on Antibiotics and lost my appetite.

Well Done Everyone :)

Kingmob

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
332 lb this morning. Was 383 lb at diagnosis (Aug 26), so just over 50 lb in 90 days. Still a long way to go but results been better than I could have hoped for.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
hello! This is an interesting idea. I am close to my target weight and aim to do something similar. Are you finding the restricted weeks hard after the anything-you-like weeks?
And why 2 weeks? is that easier for you?

many thanks. Lyn.

Hiya. I’m only in my first cycle, so did 2 weeks of one meal a day and am now just over a week into the non-restrictive week. Interestingly, I am probably hungrier on 2 meals a day (sticking with skipping breakfast in both phases). I got the two week on, two week off idea from @Chook who posted a link to this article which describes a study where intermittent dieting, 2 weeks on and 2 weeks off led to greater weight loss than continuous dieting: https://idmprogram.com/eat-fast-break-fast/

I’m close to my target weight (within 3 kilos), but will have to revise that down as I still have more weight to lose from around my middle, so am hoping this cycle will help to lose a bit more.

I posted a mini-review of the first two weeks here: http://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/two-weeks-of-consecutive-24-hour-fasts.128908/

Reactions: Prem51 and Liam1955

TazziT

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Advacados
Not checked in here for a few weeks but my weight loss has stalled, not put any on but for the last few weeks I have been around the 100Kg mark. Now joined a gym to help get back on loss track.