What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

geefull

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning all :)

4.7 today

It rained so hard here and we had a howling wind during the night. First really noisy stormy weather of the winter I guess.

Mr gee laughed when I got back from my walk before dinner because I was wet but only down one side of my coat ;) just a weird very short sharp little shower like someone suddenly throwing a jug of water!
But, then it started with wind and torrential rain after about 6 pm and it just went on and on, the rain kept me awake bashing on the skylight in the bedroom :( finally resorted to listening to an audiobook on my mp3 player.

Lovely bright sunny morning now though :happy:

Sobo82

Type of diabetes
Type 1
6.1 @ 7.30am seems to be a regular reading for last 2 weeks give and take a few .1s only 5 weeks in from leaving hospital upon diagnosis considering I was in the 20s and Keto was 5.9 I’m feeling better and better each day massive lifestyle changes diet wise especially I’ve gone from over 19 stone to 17.11 so far and counting just trying to keep positive and using diabetes as a big wake up call yes it’s a massive challenge but one I’m hitting head on still got a lot of learning and never read as many food labels in all my life
Many thanks to everyone in this group the stuff I’ve learned in such a short time from you all is priceless
Love Shaun

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
6.1 @ 7.30am seems to be a regular reading for last 2 weeks give and take a few .1s only 5 weeks in from leaving hospital upon diagnosis considering I was in the 20s and Keto was 5.9 I’m feeling better and better each day massive lifestyle changes diet wise especially I’ve gone from over 19 stone to 17.11 so far and counting just trying to keep positive and using diabetes as a big wake up call yes it’s a massive challenge but one I’m hitting head on still got a lot of learning and never read as many food labels in all my life
Many thanks to everyone in this group the stuff I’ve learned in such a short time from you all is priceless
Love Shaun
good for you shaun positivity ;)

Ixarix

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Good morning, it is currently 7am here. My BG for today is 6.6. I'm actually pretty hungry right now, so will have breakfast soon. -3C here right now, with snow forecasted throughout the day. Hope everyone has a super day and weekend.

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
Morning all advice please my blood sugar this morning was 18 advice please feel finish

Hi Lordbean1
You don't say if your type1 or type2 diabetic or what medication your on people will help if you give them the information.
Lots of help and advice on here just a little more information then you can be contacted by people with same type diabetes has yourself. K

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Love Shaun

Hi Sobo82
What an extraordinary achievement in a short time your absolutely hitting it head on Good on you! Don't let Diabetes rule you ,You rule it. Which is exactly what your doing. What a boost to many Newbies looking to learn more information from people like yourself, what an inspiration. Well done! K

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Good morning, it is currently 7am here. My BG for today is 6.6. I'm actually pretty hungry right now, so will have breakfast soon. -3C here right now, with snow forecasted throughout the day. Hope everyone has a super day and weekend.

Hi lxarix
It's cold but it's not -3 C now that's cold, just checked UK Northwest temperatures here 9C so we have a way to get down to your temperatures.
Your BG is ok in 6s I'm usually in this range but had a few 5s recently but I don't like going into 4 s don't feel right.
Are you keeping well in spite of the cold chilly weather you have,I'd never go outside if weather was so cold,I'd hibernate!! Ha ha!! K

Reactions: Ixarix

Sobo82

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi Sobo82
What an extraordinary achievement in a short time your absolutely hitting it head on Good on you! Don't let Diabetes rule you ,You rule it. Which is exactly what your doing. What a boost to many Newbies looking to learn more information from people like yourself, what an inspiration. Well done! K

Thank you
Just hope I can keep this mind set for the rest of my days no doubt I’ll have bad days and it’s tried getting me down a couple of times in such a short time I’ve had diabetes but Like you say I’m the boss

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Thank you
Just hope I can keep this mind set for the rest of my days no doubt I’ll have bad days and it’s tried getting me down a couple of times in such a short time I’ve had diabetes but Like you say I’m the boss
We all have down days but if we let the So and So diabetes win we are on a downward spiral and sometimes it's harder to get back. Best of luck to you and don't forget you can ask has many questions you like help is not far away on here,and all the support you want. K

Reactions: ziggy_w and Sobo82

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
5.5 at 7:30 didn´t sleep at all this night, so had to sleep almost all day .. so now hope and pray I can sleep tonight because I have invited guests tomorrow. hope you all are doing fine and having a fine weekend.
Hope your raring to go when your guests arrive,just chill and enjoy, K