What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Oh B***R Karen that diabetes witch is certainly playing games with you...can't offer any advice my ignorance of type1 & insulin use is woefully inadequate...hopefully others may be able to make some suggestions...I suppose the obvious questions spring to mind...coming down with a cold...or something else?...hopefully not...but...the only thing I can think of?...maybe the chance to relax this weekend will get you back down the scale.
thanks bubbsie think what mr d said just 2 freakish days seems to be a bit more settled as day goes on :)

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi Karen you wouldn't have wanted my BG reading after evening meal last night 14.7 bought in a made up meal from Costco has I hadn't a lot of time to make one before my grandson had to go to work,thought it was the easier solution! How wrong can you be!K BG for me this morning was 6.2
hi kathleen i had breakfast in work this morning about 8am took insulin b4 hand an took a little extra but still spiked to 18,7 although by lunch time was 7.6 it just has a mind of its own sometimes i dont feel so bad when im running high its when i go low i end up with banging headache supposed to be going to a charity night in the social club by me tonight but just see how i go ;)

Goacher55

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I don’t think I was at a lose end this morning but I chose to take a riding reading 5.7 an after shower reading 5.9 an after shower and meds reading 6.1 and an after shower meds glass of water and cup of tea reading 6.7. No real reason , just being inquisitive

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning folks. Awoke at 6. 45am feeling decidedly grotty-- shaky, nauseous, sweaty, thirsty, calf cramps etc. Tested BS expecting either hypo or hyper levels and was 6.8. Retested after few minutes, different finger, and was 7.2. Pretty good levels for me. It's a mystery! Enjoy your Friday one and all. :)
sending big hugs xx

Reactions: Goacher55

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Unfairness/ use of offensive language.
sending big hugs xx
Thanks karen8967. Here's hoping that your levels settle down for you soon.:) I was supposed to be going to an annual "Get together" with my hubby later today but I think he will have to go without me this year!:grumpy:

Last edited:

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
Thanks for your kind advice Granny_grump. You are very wise and have hit the nail on the head about my mum. She is afraid that if she seeks help from any outside agencies she would have to move out of her home of 61 years and couldn't cope with that. She just wants to stay as she is and for me to do everything for her which I do every day but there are some things which are beyond my ability. When I suggest seeking help she goes into denial that she needs it and into panic mode. I don't have any family/ friends who are able to help but my hubby is very supportive. Thanks again.:)
@dogslife Hi dogslife my heart goes out to you both from reading others posts I now understand where your coming from with your mum,a few years ago I had this problem with my father in law vascular dementia not nice and no matter how I struggled with work and looking after him his wife my mother in law had died a few months before he was diagnosed he never used to remember me calling on him or doing anything for him it was really hard and upsetting at times to get through to him.
Because they don't remember how much you do for them but we would beat ourselves up if we didn't do it. But and it is a big but we too have to think of what it's doing to us and sometimes you know you have to find help for them because they will never be able to make that decision themselves.

It the most cruelest illness it really is, but please seek help you could still depending on your mums level of dementia still have her stay in her home but get some day care for her then it gives you some respite once or twice a week.Any help you can get is better than none,speak with your doctors and they should be able to advice where to go to discuss your options it's not all bad so much more help out their if you know where to go for it. And depends on what you decide it can be funded with allowances for her and managed by you to help pay others to do some of the care in her home. Hope this is of some help to you, regards Kathleen

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
hi kathleen i had breakfast in work this morning about 8am took insulin b4 hand an took a little extra but still spiked to 18,7 although by lunch time was 7.6 it just has a mind of its own sometimes i dont feel so bad when im running high its when i go low i end up with banging headache supposed to be going to a charity night in the social club by me tonight but just see how i go ;)
Go and hope you have a lovely evening! K

Sobo82

Type of diabetes
Type 1
5.3 @ 4.30 this morning my little lad thought this was a good time to get up today not unusual for him but always when I’m after longer in bed have a good day people