What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
Good luck and hope it gets sorted out very soon!
ThankYou for your time and good wishes I'm more hopeful now I'm on antibiotics,terrible health things with Lymes and it's for life. So here's to a great outcome even if I has sick has a dog for 2 weeks better than the other option? K

Reactions: HelenHak

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hi @ katen8967
I'm off to see this doctor at another practice in our area in about half an hour, but on reading about Lymes it may be too soon for the symptoms to come out apart from this bullseye bite on my leg. It's definitely changed again since yesterday even if it turns out not to be Lymes apparently it's difficult to diagnose I'm going to insist on the antibiotics has this in the early stages is the best of outcomes. Wish me luck. K
Hi again I didn't even need to ask about antibiotics he is of the opinion better safe than sorry if in any doubt! So glad he has the same way is thinking has myself! K

Reactions: Freema

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Unfairness/ use of offensive language.
Hi dogslife Been to the doctors and has it can take 30 days to be sure if it is Lymes he has started me on the strong antibiotics I would rather this than have Lymes,apparently they will make me quite sickly but still better that the other option. Thank you for your lovely concern much appreciated. K
Thanks for the update. Glad you found someone to help. At least for now you have the peace of mind that you are doing something positive instead of just waiting/ worrying as before. I've recently been on 4 lots of antibiotics and steroids. They can make you feel a bit yuk but worth it if they do the trick. Take care.:)

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Thanks for the update. Glad you found someone to help. At least for now you have the peace of mind that you are doing something positive instead of just waiting/ worrying as before. I've recently been on 4 lots of antibiotics and steroids. They can make you feel a bit yuk but worth it if they do the trick. Take care.:)
Hi dogslife thanks again your so kind. did you read my post to you concerning your mum, if you need any more help with information concerning the self funding care through social service, I will help if I can. K

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Hi dogslife thanks again your so kind. did you read my post to you concerning your mum, if you need any more help with information concerning the self funding care through social service, I will help if I can. K
Thanks, Granny_grump. I'm feeling a lot better today after a good rest yesterday so am back on track and mum is also OK at the moment so I'll see how things go. :)

Reactions: geefull and ziggy_w

Glenmac

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@Granny_grump_ Very glad you've seen another doctor.Take care with the antibiotic.Yes best not to take the statins until later as your dr advised.(best to always listen to the thei r advice about drugs)I had a bad infection years ago and was prescribed a strong antibiotic which affected my liver.The clue was the yellow complexion!!!!.....I'm sure you will be fine and my gps were suitably horrified for me and my allergy to it was reported.Hope you will be better quickly and stop feeling ill.
Edited to add about following GPs advice re drugs

Kentoldlady1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Thanks Kentoldlady for your kind and understanding words. They really helped. My hubby is very supportive but there is no-one else to help. Fortunately I only live 2-3 miles from mum but am spending more and more time everyday seeing to her needs. She does seem to be concerned about my health problems at times and feels unhappy that she needs us to do so much for her but that is over ridden by her fear of seeking help from elsewhere so I cannot access any support. Thanks again. :)

There is nothing to stop you getting support for yourself. Where my mum lives ( bromley) there is a carers hub where both carers and patients can get support. Refusing outside care is very common, and other families will have experienced this problem. If help is too late coming then you might just find yourself unable to get out of bed one day, and then who will care for.mum?

Please find out now what help is available in the future. I know from experience that trying to find help when you need it is impossible. You have to be armed with info now so that you know where to go when you do decide to use help.

And I found the Alzheimer's forum very useful. There is a ton of knowledge on there. Please looknafter yourself. A carer is a very lonely thing to be.

Reactions: karen8967

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
There is nothing to stop you getting support for yourself. Where my mum lives ( bromley) there is a carers hub where both carers and patients can get support. Refusing outside care is very common, and other families will have experienced this problem. If help is too late coming then you might just find yourself unable to get out of bed one day, and then who will care for.mum?

Please find out now what help is available in the future. I know from experience that trying to find help when you need it is impossible. You have to be armed with info now so that you know where to go when you do decide to use help.

And I found the Alzheimer's forum very useful. There is a ton of knowledge on there. Please looknafter yourself. A carer is a very lonely thing to be.
Thanks again, Kentoldlady 1 for your advice. It is much appreciated.:)

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I hope not k mr d makes my day when im feeling down he always makes me chuckle and at times has given me some really good advice an information x
I hope not k mr d makes my day when im feeling down he always makes me chuckle and at times has given me some really good advice an information x
@karen8967
Hi Karen I've answered so many people today not sure if I got back to you about mr d and my visit to doctors so here goes.
Doctors have been great didn't need to ask for antibiotics his way of thinking is in doubt treat it so I'm on two weeks antibiotics which will make me sick but I'd rather two weeks of sickness than a life time of Lymes problems thanks for asking,
Now mr d have you seen Ziggy link to him saying goodbye it seems he has left but it's a mystery why,there was not one hint he would do this nothing in his banter that I picked up on. But it is very family oriented time of year and from some post of his ingot the feeling he seemed lonely at times, especially when we talked about going out with our hubbies and family get together from others, I got the feeling he was separated from his wife hope I'm wrong but the meeting last week with old friends he'd missed perhaps he was just feeling a little down like so many people at Christmas time,wish he would get in touch he's more than welcome hear for Christmas and any other time, since retirement I've felt alone,sometimes that's why I like this site it's a contact with the outside word other people and all that. Oh I do hope he comes back he will be sorely missed,he lifted many people's spirits and so helpful and caring, and I know he helped and lifted your spirits to when you most needed it. If you have a way to contact him pass on how we all miss him and hope he will come back. Take care Best Wishes to you
Kathleen

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@karen8967
Hi Karen I've answered so many people today not sure if I got back to you about mr d and my visit to doctors so here goes.
Doctors have been great didn't need to ask for antibiotics his way of thinking is in doubt treat it so I'm on two weeks antibiotics which will make me sick but I'd rather two weeks of sickness than a life time of Lymes problems thanks for asking,
Now mr d have you seen Ziggy link to him saying goodbye it seems he has left but it's a mystery why,there was not one hint he would do this nothing in his banter that I picked up on. But it is very family oriented time of year and from some post of his ingot the feeling he seemed lonely at times, especially when we talked about going out with our hubbies and family get together from others, I got the feeling he was separated from his wife hope I'm wrong but the meeting last week with old friends he'd missed perhaps he was just feeling a little down like so many people at Christmas time,wish he would get in touch he's more than welcome hear for Christmas and any other time, since retirement I've felt alone,sometimes that's why I like this site it's a contact with the outside word other people and all that. Oh I do hope he comes back he will be sorely missed,he lifted many people's spirits and so helpful and caring, and I know he helped and lifted your spirits to when you most needed it. If you have a way to contact him pass on how we all miss him and hope he will come back. Take care Best Wishes to you
Kathleen
Hi k i dont know how to get in touch with our mr d i have i have sent him a private message and i hope he replies he will be sorely missed x so glad you got your antibiotics and i hop they dont make you feel too sickly also i hope it turns out not to be lymes sending big hugs

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
My sister in law got lymes when bitten by a tick when visiting her son and his family in New York made her quite ill and was hospitalised on her return to the UK.she was given intensive antibiotics and now she is fine.
Hi John sorry to hear about your sister in law hope she's fully recovered with no lasting nasties from Lymes, hopefully mine seems in early stages and antibiotics should do the trick, fingers crossed K

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hi @Granny_grump_,

No, he just said goodbye. Here's the link to the thread: http://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/and-its-goodbye-from-me.129947/

By the way, I made a mistake when I tried to pm @Diabeticliberty. So, now after correcting this, the message went through. I just pray that we can do something to change his mind.
Glad you managed to send him a message Ziggy hope he listens and come back it will be a much sadly quieter forum in the mornings without him!K

Reactions: ziggy_w

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Glad you managed to send him a message Ziggy hope he listens and come back it will be a much sadly quieter forum in the mornings without him!K

Honestly, I miss him a lot. I have just seen that he deleted his profile -- so, I'm not sure if he'll be back, but I sincerely hope so. I have no idea what happened.

How are you doing, Kathleen? You've been through quite a lot today too .

Ymdawd

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Have not submitted any BG readings today. Could not see the point as I have had bad vomiting/diarrhoea for the past two days. Ive not been eating so see little point in taking the BG medicines. Just been consuming loperamide and oral rehydration sachets to replace lost fluid. Hope to start eating a little more normally tomorrow.? We’ll see.

Reactions: karen8967

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Honestly, I miss him a lot. I have just seen that he deleted his profile -- so, I'm not sure if he'll be back, but I sincerely hope so. I have no idea what happened.

How are you doing, Kathleen? You've been through quite a lot today too .
Well I've had my antibiotics for today so far so good never seen so many unusual instructions to follow with any antibiotics,I cannot lie down after taking them for at least an hour,I should not take the meds. immediately before going to bed I have to drink a full glass of water with each capsule and it goes on but I'm following all the instructions so fingers crossed.
I have already booked a Christmas meal booked for next Friday with family members I won't see on Christmas Day, my sister and her family will be having their own Christmas Day celebrations. So we thought we would have an early Christmas meal together hope I can make it! Will keep,you informed and thank you for thinking about me. Hope he comes back too!K

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Have not submitted any BG readings today. Could not see the point as I have had bad vomiting/diarrhoea for the past two days. Ive not been eating so see little point in taking the BG medicines. Just been consuming loperamide and oral rehydration sachets to replace lost fluid. Hope to start eating a little more normally tomorrow.? We’ll see.
Hi @Ymdawd I've been Having my own battles with doctors diagnosing and hospital then a new doctor this morning,I'm being treated for Lymes disease started antibiotics this afternoon, do hope your feeling better soon but the side effects of these capsules are copying yours and loads more. Being in the chemist business you will be familiar with what I've been put on they are Doxycycline 100mg lots of side effects but I'd rather this than live with Lymes it will hopefully be ok after the 2 weeks on these, unless you know different,if you do I would like to know I like being kept informed. Kathleen