PLEASE HELP - PANICKING

Triceraptors

then that really

then this is where you need to concentrate. im sorry if i come across as not sympathetic i am. your clearly very worried. can i ask has this occurred with other health conditions. there is a condition called factitious disorder that you may want to look up.

look re the diabetes there is nothing that any doctor can do even if your going to develop a form of diabetes.
with your bg at these low levels no doctor would prescribe blood glucose lowering medication. and defiantly not insulin. they would all be sending you into hypos.

re your private doctor your very unlikely to have any symptoms at 10 and to order expensive antibody tests before a proper dignosis is made is very bad practice. here is the current gps guidence for type 2 but the diagnosis is the same .https://www.gp-update.co.uk/files/docs/GP_Update-Spring_2013_diabetes.pdf

his statement that hba1c is not to be used for type 1is correct. what he seems to have missed is that your normal blood glucose levels currently are normal so a high level is not being hidden by earlier low bg levels. you dont swing low if your not getting treatment. diet would not do it alone either. it would slow the rise but it would still be going up.

im so sorry you so stressed. its why i said eat normally and then test so you can see what your real levels are.

Yes, I do have some factitious disorder attributes. Always had. You mean symptoms at 10 mmol/l? I feel like **** at 6 mmol/l. The endo did not even mention type 2. He seems convinced it is type 1, sudden onset and it is caught early. There are people who are diagnosed type 2 mistakenly, get prescribed meds that don't work and then reclassified type 1 after having been swimming in high glucose levels for a while, certainly not doing good to the body.

My blood glucose is rather normal because I don't eat much carbs. It is mostly fats and proteins. Not many carbs. And my BG seems to be going up. Usually, my fasting was 4.4-4.6 all the time and now it is 5.2 on CodeFree.

edited by mod for language

Last edited by a moderator:

Down-Jai 001

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I was at endo today. He said that in early stages, there is enough insulin to keep BG normalish. In addition, if stuff goes wrong recently, then Hba1c is useless because the average nulls out the recent spikes. The endo is the one who took all T1 tests.

I have all the symptoms. He was interested in how tired and fatigued I am. Also, I am thin as hell and there is no way I have Type 2.

Anyone knows any pointers besides calling 111 and asking there?
Hi
I was identified as having MODY Diabetic by a new consultant who took an interest in me.(after living with the condition for 30 years on being T2 ).
I am not over weigh and very active:.looking back;it wasn't the right treatment for me . My doctor kept increasing the tablets eventually I end up using the insulin (6 units) in the evenings only.
Now I am low carb diet and it's working; I got a letter from my consultant yesterday to stop the insulin and go on tablet instead.
Don't be afraid, there are many people out there who is on the same boat as ourselves.

Take care.
DJ 001

Pinkorchid

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
It certainly does not seem like you do have diabetes either 1 or 2 if your fasting glucose level is 5.2 that is a perfectly normal non diabetic level, As you have said you do have mental issues what you are experiencing could be more to do with that. Our bodies are very complex in how it reacts to something. Maybe talking to someone about that would help you

Rokaab

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Usually, my fasting was 4.4-4.6 all the time and now it is 5.2 on CodeFree.
Stress and anxiety make my sugar levels to go up so its possible your stress may be making it higher than it was before. But 5.2 still sounds perfectly fine to me.

Reactions: donnellysdogs

paulus1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
ive said this you need to eat normally dieting and being very low carb whilst trying to work out if you have a diabetic issue is going to mess up your results. even if you were which your not. the doctors want you to eat normally until they get the insulin doses right. so please eat for a week or two just normal food. take a record of what your bg are.this will show if there is a problem. if they are heading for above 14 then get onto your doctor. you should not be having any symptoms at 6 because thats a normal bg level. that would suggest its either another condition like thyroid issues. or its related to your anxiety which is not meaning its not real. the brain can make your body ill. so lets see if its anything so please eat. and we all do understand anxiety is horrible.

Triceraptors

Took advice from people. Ate a lot more food. Huge amount of protein (150g) with as much fat and some carbs. Feel a bit better but I still seem to be losing mass from my body. My shins are sticking out even more ... This is nonsense.

TheBigNewt

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Sounds like you got something wrong with you but it doesn't sound like it's Type 1 diabetes.

Reactions: Serkay

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Took advice from people. Ate a lot more food. Huge amount of protein (150g) with as much fat and some carbs. Feel a bit better but I still seem to be losing mass from my body. My shins are sticking out even more ... This is nonsense.

Do you expect one meal to fix everything muscle wise immediately??

You say some carbs... but a huge amount of protein... and fat..

People have told you to add more carbs-how many did you eat?

As stated previously to you... you need to concentrate on all round vitamins and minerals...

Reactions: lucylocket61

paulus1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
just normal healthy food.ps 150g of protean is like 21 oz of meat sorry thats not normal you need to eat carbs with a sensible amount of protean. you ate 3 times the recommended daily amount in one meal. that will bung you up and wont build muscle without carbs. try again normal amounts of all 3. just note what youve eaten dont try to calculrate your intake.it must be normal.

paulus1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
why the guy needs help and advice. seems reasonable to not close it. it may not fit into what we feel is normal diabetic problems but he is not the only one with a similar issue. there does seem a mall group of people that feel for other reasons that hey have diabetes.

Triceraptors

Do you expect one meal to fix everything muscle wise immediately??

You say some carbs... but a huge amount of protein... and fat..

People have told you to add more carbs-how many did you eat?

As stated previously to you... you need to concentrate on all round vitamins and minerals...

Today around 50g of carbs from various lower carbs sources.
why the guy needs help and advice. seems reasonable to not close it. it may not fit into what we feel is normal diabetic problems but he is not the only one with a similar issue. there does seem a mall group of people that feel for other reasons that hey have diabetes.

Thanks for vouching for me. In the past couple of days, things are getting worse in my opinion. I ate a lot of proteins and fats with some carbs yesterday. Today, did similar. But I can feel empty spaces in between my shinbones, the quads look pathetic and my upper body is skeleton. I test my BG and it goes to 6.5 or similar. Today I experienced horrible hypo at 4.4 sweating, heart jumping around all things horrible. My body is starving, I can feel the tingling, moving of muscles and then dropping in muscle tone, my body is eating itself. I am convinced.

paulus1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
4.4 is not a hypo 50g of carbs is better but still not normal it still weight loss carbing. try and build up over a few days to 200 a day. until your intake pass your bodies needs it will continue to lose weight and tone. however you should not be seeing a difference over a day so i suspect your other issues are trying to convince you that your ill. remember a normal none restrictive diet. youve done very good lets see if you can do 75 tomorrow.. 6.5 is not high and 4.4 is not low i say they are pretty good for a normal person and dream numbers fora lot of diabetics. does your gp know about the mental and emotional health problems. i think if not they do need to. they cant cure it but they should be able to get you support that reduces its impact. i really do hope you understand that your condition is just as important as any physical illness its having a very negative effect upon you.

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Please try to lessen your adding up of what you are eating and just try to normalise food intake to a balanced diet all round diet...

As said previously your protein amount of intake is too much. As much as I hate to say it, too mych protein can also damage your body.

You cannot expect a fix of your body muscle or weight in a couple of days of excess protein...

You must normalise your eating habits more... your levels are neither high or low, they are normal non diabetic levels.

I say - go and have a meal out and relax... enjoy that meal.. do not think of anything but the colour, texture of food and its aromas, the taste of it and forget about what it is..
Get a menu and close your eyes and put your finger in three places and order the three things you selected with your eyes closed and eat them... taste them, enjoy them... do not test... before or after..... just enjoy that food and break that cycle of destroying your life with excess worry... just for one meal!!!

Please stop this dramatic insistence on harming yourself...

Reactions: Prem51

Triceraptors

4.4 is not a hypo 50g of carbs is better but still not normal it still weight loss carbing. try and build up over a few days to 200 a day. until your intake pass your bodies needs it will continue to lose weight and tone. however you should not be seeing a difference over a day so i suspect your other issues are trying to convince you that your ill. remember a normal none restrictive diet. youve done very good lets see if you can do 75 tomorrow.. 6.5 is not high and 4.4 is not low i say they are pretty good for a normal person and dream numbers fora lot of diabetics. does your gp know about the mental and emotional health problems. i think if not they do need to. they cant cure it but they should be able to get you support that reduces its impact. i really do hope you understand that your condition is just as important as any physical illness its having a very negative effect upon you.

My GP has an inkling of my issues. I displayed them to him but he seems to just want me to be tougher. I did not complain about me writing on forums and panicking though.

Please try to lessen your adding up of what you are eating and just try to normalise food intake to a balanced diet all round diet...

As said previously your protein amount of intake is too much. As much as I hate to say it, too mych protein can also damage your body.

You cannot expect a fix of your body muscle or weight in a couple of days of excess protein...

You must normalise your eating habits more... your levels are neither high or low, they are normal non diabetic levels.

I say - go and have a meal out and relax... enjoy that meal.. do not think of anything but the colour, texture of food and its aromas, the taste of it and forget about what it is..
Get a menu and close your eyes and put your finger in three places and order the three things you selected with your eyes closed and eat them... taste them, enjoy them... do not test... before or after..... just enjoy that food and break that cycle of destroying your life with excess worry... just for one meal!!!

Please stop this dramatic insistence on harming yourself...

I can try that.

paulus1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
good luck remember food is more than just a means of survival. before you started restricting your diet what was your favorite foods.

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
The menu and closing eyes and choosing 3 items is really doable....

It is something a recovering anorexic friend of ours does. But it also helps her beyond the actual occasion..

EllieM

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
forum bugs
Eating disorders aren't just suffered by anorexic girls who think they're overweight. It's surprisingly easy for anyone on a restrictive diet to fall into one and once you've got there it's almost impossible to think rationally about food until your BMI has been at normal levels for a while (months). You definitely sound at risk, and in many ways it's a worse illness than diabetes (though it is possible to recover from it). Even if you have type 1 (and it doesn't sound like it) you don't die suddenly from undiagnosed type 1, you need to get to blood sugars of 20 before getting sent to casualty. Once your blood sugars get over 10 you can get your GP to give you a diagnosis and you can run a blood sugar of 10 for years without doing any significant damage to your body. (For my first decade of diabetes, I relied on urine tests for control, and sugar typically only goes into your urine once your blood sugar is 10)

If NZ is your home country (dialling 111?) then you're in luck, they have excellent diabetic care (I've had 31 years in UK, 17 in Australia and now 6 months in NZ) and you don't need to go private to get it.

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Eating disorders aren't just suffered by anorexic girls who think they're overweight. It's surprisingly easy for anyone on a restrictive diet to fall into one and once you've got there it's almost impossible to think rationally about food until your BMI has been at normal levels for a while (months). You definitely sound at risk, and in many ways it's a worse illness than diabetes (though it is possible to recover from it). Even if you have type 1 (and it doesn't sound like it) you don't die suddenly from undiagnosed type 1, you need to get to blood sugars of 20 before getting sent to casualty. Once your blood sugars get over 10 you can get your GP to give you a diagnosis and you can run a blood sugar of 10 for years without doing any significant damage to your body. (For my first decade of diabetes, I relied on urine tests for control, and sugar typically only goes into your urine once your blood sugar is 10)

If NZ is your home country (dialling 111?) then you're in luck, they have excellent diabetic care (I've had 31 years in UK, 17 in Australia and now 6 months in NZ) and you don't need to go private to get it.

Totally agree..