Tom Kerrige

Motherhen2014

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
People shouting while on their phones.
Has anyone here seen his story be has lost 12 stone on low carb diet I've three years.I am willing to have a try using his book.He looks fantastic.

Reactions: donnellysdogs

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
Has anyone here seen his story be has lost 12 stone on low carb diet I've three years.I am willing to have a try using his book.He looks fantastic.
Yes I bought his book in Southport last year good read and he does look great! K

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
If you mean The Dopamine Diet, I have the book and the food looks great but most of the recipes are very complicated with a lot of ingredients, so I would say it is not really a book for everyday meals, unless you are going to spend a lot of time cooking.

Reactions: Prem51

Mark_1

Make sure you get the right book. His latest is low calories not low carb. The start of his latest tv series has me shaking my head. He says I lost 12 st on low carb but that’s not for everyone so I’m going to put these people on a low calorie diet and then cooks loads of high carb things full of sugars.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Make sure you get the right book. His latest is low calories not low carb. The start of his latest tv series has me shaking my head. He says I lost 12 st on low carb but that’s not for everyone so I’m going to put these people on a low calorie diet and then cooks loads of high carb things full of sugars.
I know.. completely shoots himself in the foot.. "I did it this way but you won;t be able to stick to that so here's more of the usual rubbish that you won't be able to stick to either but now I've got 2 books for you to buy". I have lost any respect I had for him previously with his dopamine diet book.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
I watched less than half of the first episode then switched off, of his TV series (Lose weight For Good) when it was plain that the weight loss program he set for the group were based on the UK gov national guide lines and were only for calorie restriction even though in the intro he stated his weight loss was due to cutting carbs as well as calories and hours spent in the gym.

Reactions: OrsonKartt

Sue192

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
First reaction of mine when looking at his latest, was "he's gone to the Dark Side". He's missed a real opportunity to show how his low-carb diet and what he's learnt, with spectacular success, can help Joe Public. The recipe for lighter French apple tarts is a good example of selling out to the low-cal, low-fat message.

Reactions: Mark_1

ringi

Type of diabetes
Type 2
TV actors sometimes have to do shows when they don't agree with the plot so as to get paid....... (But some of his current show is low carb, just ignore what is not.)

britishpub

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Fat bloke, loses weight, is now an "expert" in the subject apparently.

I crossed the road today without getting run over, so if you need advice you know who to ask :banghead:

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
It’s the same as Adam Woodyatt, Ian Beale on Eastenders. Adam apparently lost weight by low carbing. The script writers then had to write in a story line to explain Ian’s weight loss. So what did they do? Gave him Type 2 Diabetes and put him on the Eatwell plate rubbish!
So many opportunities missed to re-educate people! :banghead:

Reactions: donnellysdogs

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Fat bloke, loses weight, is now an "expert" in the subject apparently.

I crossed the road today without getting run over, so if you need advice you know who to ask :banghead:
Now come on he is after all a pub chef so he must know what he is on about.

Reactions: Granny_grump_

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Now come on he is after all a pub chef so he must know what he is on about.
Pub chef or not if he knew what was what how did he get so overweight? K

Motherhen2014

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
People shouting while on their phones.
Oh dear I am disappointed I ordered lose weight for he says so much about doing it low carb I thought it was the book that would have planned meals for me.If it is not what I thought I will be sending it back.
Can anyone on here suggest z clock book that is low carb that I could buy please.I also know there is a list on net of all the goods you can eat on low carb and those you limit.I need to print it off has anyone a h details here it is please.

Reactions: jon1980

lucylocket61

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I read a snippet of the article in the Daily Express. He said he cut out:

'alcohol, carbs and starches'

arent carbs and starches the same thing? anyway, his book doesnt look promising for those of us on a low income. I will pass on it.

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hind sight is always 20:20.
My hubby says Tom Kerridge was on telly telling everyone about it all and the weight was caused by drink,apparently he used to drink around 20 pints a day! K

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Him and me both - if only life was so simple :banghead:
I was no different but have lost 4st 7 lb upto now not looking to lose much more though, I've been type2 for nearly 18 years with know idea my weight and diabetes went cap in hand,diets I tried and slimming classes just never worked for me. Until on here I saw LCHF diet it's the only thing that's worked,and my doctor advised skip a meal. So I skip breakfast and fast from after evening meal until lunch following day, everyday we are all different and what works for one is not everyone's cup of tea I'm sure you will find one on here that works for you? Have you checked out diet doctor or Aitkins diet,the latter is very much like LCHF take a look,and ask others what they have done, lots of people have lost weight on here. K

lovinglife

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I was no different but have lost 4st 7 lb upto now not looking to lose much more though, I've been type2 for nearly 18 years with know idea my weight and diabetes went cap in hand,diets I tried and slimming classes just never worked for me. Until on here I saw LCHF diet it's the only thing that's worked,and my doctor advised skip a meal. So I skip breakfast and fast from after evening meal until lunch everyday, we are all different and what works for one is not everyone's cup of tea I'm sure you will find one on here that works for you? Have you checked out diet doctor or Aitkins diet,the latter is very much like LCHF take a look,and ask other what they have done, lots of people lost weight on here. K
Thank you for your lovely advice :) (I can't type that without it sounding sarcastic but I'm not being honestly - I am being sincere :) )

I have been diabetic for 9 years, got to grips with it pretty quickly I've reduced my meds right down and lost nearly 12st now using low carb healthy fats :)

I was in the hospitality business in the 80s/90s and it's a nightmare on your lifestyle - people think ooh all that lovely food NO! The reality is missed meals then eating in 5 minutes because you just haven't the time, busy nights eating your tea at midnight, a couple of drinks to relax, no time to exercise, split shifts, split days off, topped off with stress- don't get me wrong I loved it and thrived on it but I totally empathise with Tom Kerridge owning/running a food establishment has your life!

I don't think it's why I got T2, I have other pointers for it such as PCOS and hereditary - I was never fat during this time, but I don't think it helped :)

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Thank you for your lovely advice :) (I can't type that without it sounding sarcastic but I'm not being honestly - I am being sincere :) )

I have been diabetic for 9 years, got to grips with it pretty quickly I've reduced my meds right down and lost nearly 12st now using low carb healthy fats :)

I was in the hospitality business in the 80s/90s and it's a nightmare on your lifestyle - people think ooh all that lovely food NO! The reality is missed meals then eating in 5 minutes because you just haven't the time, busy nights eating your tea at midnight, a couple of drinks to relax, no time to exercise, split shifts, split days off, topped off with stress- don't get me wrong I loved it and thrived on it but I totally empathise with Tom Kerridge owning/running a food establishment has your life!

I don't think it's why I got T2, I have other pointers for it such as PCOS and hereditary - I was never fat during this time, but I don't think it helped :)
Well done you on your fabulous weight loss and I didn't take it Has being sarcastic, so much information now but when I was diagnosed there was not much believe me! K