Lower Carb Commercial Foods

wiflib

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Have you used this store? Any good? Thanks

I did in my early days but I don’t substitute any more. The foods there are a good transition from the **** we used to eat to getting to a low carb as a lifestyle and the range of Atkins is amazing. Mama Lupees wraps at 3g each, freeze well and can be made into tortillas but as I will always have a food addiction, I just can’t buy that stuff anymore.

The postage is a bit much I think but the range of food they have there is huge.

Kentoldlady1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I did in my early days but I don’t substitute any more. The foods there are a good transition from the **** we used to eat to getting to a low carb as a lifestyle and the range of Atkins is amazing. Mama Lupees wraps at 3g each, freeze well and can be made into tortillas but as I will always have a food addiction, I just can’t buy that stuff anymore.

The postage is a bit much I think but the range of food they have there is huge.

Thanks for that. I had a look and bought a bread mix. I really miss bread, but as you say, I don't want to get back to craving stuff any more. I am a terrible comfort eater and these last few weeks have been a bit rocky and I just wanted something to stuff in my face! I think I am just going to leave it in the cupboard. Knowing its there and I can have it if I want might help.

Kentoldlady1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I have just found chicken and veg soup by sainbury. Its in the fresh pot and has just over 10 g carbs perpot. And the pot is huge. And its quite tasty and an excellent meal if in a hurry.

welovedzig

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
I have just found chicken and veg soup by sainbury. Its in the fresh pot and has just over 10 g carbs perpot. And the pot is huge. And its quite tasty and an excellent meal if in a hurry.
That looks good, is it the broth?

Valanne

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
The gym Running
In Ireland I saw a new range of ready meals from Paleo.ie....all low carb.A bit pricy and I too would rather cook from scratch but handy to keep in when there is a need for speed.

Incyb

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Whey Hey high protein ice cream from Tesco. You get four tubs in a pack. 4.7g carbs in each tub. Sweetened with xylitol. Comes in vanilla and chocolate flavours. Aldi 85% dark chocolate is 18 or 19g carbs per big 100g bar. I enjoy a couple of squares spread with Whole Earth crunchy peanut butter, which is the lowest carb count I've found. Aldi Skyr is fab and has only 3.7g carbs per 100g. Lovely mixed with some Aldi pecans or blackberries and cream!

Reactions: Larissima

tubamanandy

Whey Hey high protein ice cream from Tesco. You get four tubs in a pack. 4.7g carbs in each tub. Sweetened with xylitol. Comes in vanilla and chocolate flavours. Aldi 85% dark chocolate is 18 or 19g carbs per big 100g bar. I enjoy a couple of squares spread with Whole Earth crunchy peanut butter, which is the lowest carb count I've found. Aldi Skyr is fab and has only 3.7g carbs per 100g. Lovely mixed with some Aldi pecans or blackberries and cream!

Aldi Skyr -what's that ?

russo

Type of diabetes
Type 2
BOL Mushroom and Miso soup 3.6gm Carbs, 75 calories and 10gm Protein per tub (500 gm) it's filling & delicious. Available from Tesco.

Pinkorchid

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Ryvita puffed rye cakes...bit like rice cakes..and only 4.5gm of carbs per cracker

kittypoker

Type of diabetes
Friend
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Reactions: Sue192

welovedzig

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Aldi have a new product in the freezer, Breakfast Pork Patties, I did some last week on Fat Controllers and they were lovely, think they're about 97%meat. yum with cheese and egg.

welovedzig

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
It's been over a week now with these posts and no thanks from tubbymandy, suggest we stop helping, drives me mad :banghead:

Boo1979

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
The original post was suggesting people contribute to drawing up a list of use to anyone, not a request for personal help or advice

Reactions: Angelofthemarches

acs1951

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Waitrose have a good range of very low carb soups to which I add a tin of chick peas. Very tasty and filling with a Lidl Hi protein roll.
For breakfast try grilling veggie or ordinary good quality sausages with bacon, mushrooms and a tomato. Very filling and keeps you from snacking before lunch.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Waitrose have a good range of very low carb soups to which I add a tin of chick peas. Very tasty and filling with a Lidl Hi protein roll.
For breakfast try grilling veggie or ordinary good quality sausages with bacon, mushrooms and a tomato. Very filling and keeps you from snacking before lunch.

Can I ask why you buy a low carb soup, then add chickpeas which are relatively high carb?