1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Lower Carb Commercial Foods

Discussion in 'Type 2 Diabetes' started by tubamanandy, Jan 19, 2018.

1. wiflib

wiflib Type 2 (in remission!) · Well-Known Member

I did in my early days but I don’t substitute any more. The foods there are a good transition from the **** we used to eat to getting to a low carb as a lifestyle and the range of Atkins is amazing. Mama Lupees wraps at 3g each, freeze well and can be made into tortillas but as I will always have a food addiction, I just can’t buy that stuff anymore.

The postage is a bit much I think but the range of food they have there is huge.

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. Kentoldlady1

Kentoldlady1 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Thanks for that. I had a look and bought a bread mix. I really miss bread, but as you say, I don't want to get back to craving stuff any more. I am a terrible comfort eater and these last few weeks have been a bit rocky and I just wanted something to stuff in my face! I think I am just going to leave it in the cupboard. Knowing its there and I can have it if I want might help.

• Hug Hug x 2
  3. Kentoldlady1

I have just found chicken and veg soup by sainbury. Its in the fresh pot and has just over 10 g carbs perpot. And the pot is huge. And its quite tasty and an excellent meal if in a hurry.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. welovedzig

welovedzig Prediabetes · Well-Known Member

That looks good, is it the broth?

5. Kentoldlady1

I think its just called chicken and veg soup. I cant believe its only just over 10carbs in a pot, so waiting for someone to burst that bubble!!

6. bulkbiker

bulkbiker Type 2 · Oracle

• Like Like x 1
  7. Valanne

Valanne Type 2 · Member

In Ireland I saw a new range of ready meals from Paleo.ie....all low carb.A bit pricy and I too would rather cook from scratch but handy to keep in when there is a need for speed.

8. Incyb

Incyb Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Whey Hey high protein ice cream from Tesco. You get four tubs in a pack. 4.7g carbs in each tub. Sweetened with xylitol. Comes in vanilla and chocolate flavours. Aldi 85% dark chocolate is 18 or 19g carbs per big 100g bar. I enjoy a couple of squares spread with Whole Earth crunchy peanut butter, which is the lowest carb count I've found. Aldi Skyr is fab and has only 3.7g carbs per 100g. Lovely mixed with some Aldi pecans or blackberries and cream!

• Like Like x 1
  9. tubamanandy

tubamanandy · Well-Known Member

Aldi Skyr -what's that ?

10. Incyb

Incyb Type 2 · Well-Known Member

It's a really thick natural yogurt

11. russo

russo Type 2 · Member

BOL Mushroom and Miso soup 3.6gm Carbs, 75 calories and 10gm Protein per tub (500 gm) it's filling & delicious. Available from Tesco.

12. Pinkorchid

Pinkorchid Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Ryvita puffed rye cakes...bit like rice cakes..and only 4.5gm of carbs per cracker

13. kittypoker

kittypoker Friend · Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
  14. welovedzig

Aldi have a new product in the freezer, Breakfast Pork Patties, I did some last week on Fat Controllers and they were lovely, think they're about 97%meat. yum with cheese and egg.

15. welovedzig

It's been over a week now with these posts and no thanks from tubbymandy, suggest we stop helping, drives me mad :banghead:

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Boo1979

Boo1979 Other · Well-Known Member

The original post was suggesting people contribute to drawing up a list of use to anyone, not a request for personal help or advice

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  17. acs1951

acs1951 Type 2 · Active Member

Waitrose have a good range of very low carb soups to which I add a tin of chick peas. Very tasty and filling with a Lidl Hi protein roll.
    For breakfast try grilling veggie or ordinary good quality sausages with bacon, mushrooms and a tomato. Very filling and keeps you from snacking before lunch.

18. Rachox

Rachox Type 2 (in remission!) · Moderator
    Staff Member

Can I ask why you buy a low carb soup, then add chickpeas which are relatively high carb?

19. tubamanandy

tubamanandy · Well-Known Member

I think you need to re-read my post

20. Rachox

Rachox Type 2 (in remission!) · Moderator
    Staff Member

See comment #13

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook