New low carb bread https://lodough.co

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Sounds good but at nearly £1.85 per slice I think I’ll stick to HiLo loaves :wideyed:

Kentoldlady1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Sounds good but at nearly £1.85 per slice I think I’ll stick to HiLo loaves :wideyed:

I thought surely she has got that wrong?? But no!! It is £26.00 for 14 slices!!! Good grief. At that price I would hang it on the wall and ask everyone to admire my brand new bread.

Sue192

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Coconut rum soul bread..... Wow..... Interesting link @hh1 - have you made it? I'm wondering if it would taste 'alum-y' with over 3 tsp of baking powder/soda in it. They all look fantastic but I've had less than success (some inedible!) with bread recipes and have given up and stuck to seed crackers and Lidl protein rolls. I don't miss bread, but now and again the words cheese on toast (real proper toast) whisper wickedly in my head.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I tried it months ago and really didn’t like it or the price! They look promising when arrive a bit like a pizza base but Tasted a bit like plastic in my opinion glad only sent for trial size. I do love Lidl protein rolls though much more like bread and am thinking about giving a go to make my own bread from the diet dr site.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Coconut rum soul bread..... Wow..... Interesting link @hh1 - have you made it? I'm wondering if it would taste 'alum-y' with over 3 tsp of baking powder/soda in it. They all look fantastic but I've had less than success (some inedible!) with bread recipes and have given up and stuck to seed crackers and Lidl protein rolls. I don't miss bread, but now and again the words cheese on toast (real proper toast) whisper wickedly in my head.
The high protein Hilo bread is good for cheese on toast it’s small but it’s got a proper bread shape!

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
£2.50 a slice if you go for the trial pack...

However. It's a lower carb option making your own with this, as opposed to pulling one "off the shelf" ready made for nearly 4 quid... ;)

MikePea

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Garlic
I often use Lidls Low GI bread which is very, very good, but how low is 'low'. They do not say. But on taste alone it is worth a try.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I often use Lidls Low GI bread which is very, very good, but how low is 'low'. They do not say. But on taste alone it is worth a try.

The low GI rolls are not low carb unfortunately. They are 44.9% carb. It is the High Protein rolls that are low carb. (less than 10% carb) Do be careful it isn't spiking you too much.

Lidl 5302428 Low GI Roll
Typical Values per 100g
Energy 295kcal / 1240kJ
Fat 8.5g
Of which saturates 1.08g
Carbohydrate 44.9g
Of which sugars 4.2g
Fibre 8.4g
Protein 14.0g
Salt 0.78g

Rabdos

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I now buy the HiLo bread. It's quite good in taste, but not very low carb (15%).

I would love to try the LivLife bread, I think it's a bit lower carb. However I don't have Waitrose here in Essex. Is there any sustainable option to buy regularly?

PerfectStorm

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

I tried half of one of the low GI rolls the other day with an omelette for lunch- it had less than 1mmol at 1 hour and 2 hour. I didn't get chance to check at 3 hours but by 3.5 hours, I was below my pre-lunch level.
Going to try the same test with a whole roll soon

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I now buy the HiLo bread. It's quite good in taste, but not very low carb (15%).

I would love to try the LivLife bread, I think it's a bit lower carb. However I don't have Waitrose here in Essex. Is there any sustainable option to buy regularly?
Where in Essex do you live?.. there is a Waitrose in Colchester