1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2020 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

New low carb bread https://lodough.co

Discussion in 'Low-carb Diet Forum' started by Rabdos, Feb 4, 2018.

1. hh1

hh1 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

@Sue192 yes I've made it; found it hard to get all the ingredients mixed without over-mixing but it tastes fine and to my taste a lot better than the off-the-shelf white(ish) low carb options. I've yet to experiment with variations; I want to add seeds etc. I actually used pea protein isolate as that was what they had at my health food store and you do need a protein isolate. I don't know why but gather that the protein concentrate doesn't work the same way - maybe someone else can answer that :)

2. Sue192

Sue192 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Thanks @hh1 - noted about the isolate. Not only are we learning about a different way of cooking/eating, we're turning into chemists! I'll call into my local health food store (which is a good one) and see what they've got.

3. Sue192

Sue192 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

There is a Sainsburys in the next town (as well as a small Waitrose which didn't stock any low-carb bread on the last visit) so hopefully they'll have that bread. I feel a trip coming on; thanks @shelley262!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. shelley262

shelley262 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

I got mine from Sainsbury's luckily had short date so reduced it seems to freeze well hope you get it it's the weather for cheese on toast !

5. Rachox

Rachox Type 2 (in remission!) · Moderator
    Staff Member

My Sainsburys told me that they only have six loaves delivered twice a week and they end up reducing it as it doesn’t sell well, that is until they reduce it! If there’s none there I always ask when the next delivery is due then pop back. I’ve never struck lucky and got it when it was reduced though :grumpy:

• Informative Informative x 2
  6. Bluetit1802

Bluetit1802 Type 2 (in remission!) · Guru

They don't sell it all in the Sainsburys in my town

7. Boo1979

Boo1979 Other · Well-Known Member

Ocado deliver it - i buy a few when I do an ocado order and freeze it

• Like Like x 1
  8. Bluetit1802

Bluetit1802 Type 2 (in remission!) · Guru

I doubt they would deliver one loaf every 2 or 3 weeks! We prefer to shop in the shop and don't do on-line shopping.

9. Boo1979

Boo1979 Other · Well-Known Member

No its a minimum £40 order for online deliveries!
    I make sure i have 1 or 2 in the freezer as backups (due to sainsburys having very unpredictable availability)via ocado when i do a monthly online shop, I buy them from my local sainsburys the rest of the month

10. Rabdos

Rabdos Type 2 · Well-Known Member

11. Tipetoo

Tipetoo Type 2 · Expert

Yes.

12. uart

uart Type 1.5 · Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
  13. Tipetoo

Tipetoo Type 2 · Expert

It is still not available here in Bundaberg, will have to go around all three stores here and pester the <<<profanity deleted>>> out of management to get it in stock.

14. ketointheuk

ketointheuk Prediabetes · Active Member

I was sent some when they lanunched, but to be honest they are so expensive for what they are. I suspect egg white beaten with a bit of psyllium husk 9which they use themselves), maybe a bit of oat fibre for good measure,and you could make them yourself. they also don't have worked in flavour too well to be honest, so it really tastes like cardboard no matter what you have with it :(

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook