New low carb bread https://lodough.co

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@Sue192 yes I've made it; found it hard to get all the ingredients mixed without over-mixing but it tastes fine and to my taste a lot better than the off-the-shelf white(ish) low carb options. I've yet to experiment with variations; I want to add seeds etc. I actually used pea protein isolate as that was what they had at my health food store and you do need a protein isolate. I don't know why but gather that the protein concentrate doesn't work the same way - maybe someone else can answer that :)

Sue192

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Sue192 yes I've made it; found it hard to get all the ingredients mixed without over-mixing but it tastes fine and to my taste a lot better than the off-the-shelf white(ish) low carb options. I've yet to experiment with variations; I want to add seeds etc. I actually used pea protein isolate as that was what they had at my health food store and you do need a protein isolate. I don't know why but gather that the protein concentrate doesn't work the same way - maybe someone else can answer that :)
Thanks @hh1 - noted about the isolate. Not only are we learning about a different way of cooking/eating, we're turning into chemists! I'll call into my local health food store (which is a good one) and see what they've got.

Sue192

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
The high protein Hilo bread is good for cheese on toast it’s small but it’s got a proper bread shape!
There is a Sainsburys in the next town (as well as a small Waitrose which didn't stock any low-carb bread on the last visit) so hopefully they'll have that bread. I feel a trip coming on; thanks @shelley262!

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
There is a Sainsburys in the next town (as well as a small Waitrose which didn't stock any low-carb bread on the last visit) so hopefully they'll have that bread. I feel a trip coming on; thanks @shelley262!
I got mine from Sainsbury's luckily had short date so reduced it seems to freeze well hope you get it it's the weather for cheese on toast !

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I got mine from Sainsbury's luckily had short date so reduced it seems to freeze well hope you get it it's the weather for cheese on toast !

My Sainsburys told me that they only have six loaves delivered twice a week and they end up reducing it as it doesn’t sell well, that is until they reduce it! If there’s none there I always ask when the next delivery is due then pop back. I’ve never struck lucky and got it when it was reduced though :grumpy:

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
My Sainsburys told me that they only have six loaves delivered twice a week and they end up reducing it as it doesn’t sell well, that is until they reduce it! If there’s none there I always ask when the next delivery is due then pop back. I’ve never struck lucky and got it when it was reduced though :grumpy:

They don't sell it all in the Sainsburys in my town

Boo1979

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
No its a minimum £40 order for online deliveries!
I make sure i have 1 or 2 in the freezer as backups (due to sainsburys having very unpredictable availability)via ocado when i do a monthly online shop, I buy them from my local sainsburys the rest of the month

D

Deleted member 308541

If you are in NSW or ACT then try the Baker's Life 85% lower carb" bread from Aldi.
It is still not available here in Bundaberg, will have to go around all three stores here and pester the <<<profanity deleted>>> out of management to get it in stock.

ketointheuk

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I was sent some when they lanunched, but to be honest they are so expensive for what they are. I suspect egg white beaten with a bit of psyllium husk 9which they use themselves), maybe a bit of oat fibre for good measure,and you could make them yourself. they also don't have worked in flavour too well to be honest, so it really tastes like cardboard no matter what you have with it :(