What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

geefull

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning all :)

4.0 today

Yesterday I had to go back to the optician to repeat my 'field of vision test' because it didn't go well at all when I had my yearly eye test done :(

as suspected it seems to have been mainly my flipping anxiety affecting my concentration :sorry: I didn't know it could do that to such an extent (although the dilation eye drops can apparently sometimes have an impact too). I missed no targets with my right eye and only a couple with my left, one of which I told her about so she says that it all seems fine this time. After I'd explained about the anxiety she told me that I could stop and restart the test to complete it if I needed to (which I did with my left eye). Very helpful and reassuring:happy:

It seems to me that part of my anxiety comes from my body overeacting and producing adrenalin/cortisol for fairly minor physical stresses, (since I've lost so much weight my body doesn't appreciate being cold, or hungry or overtired etc.) Perhaps it's not just my insulin response that's got out of whack over the years, is it another bit of the metabolic syndrome package?

Had a nice lunch out too ;)

Last edited:

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
Good morning everyone
BG today was 5.8 at 3.30 am
BG at 11.30 am was 6.1
Been a busy morning vets with my dog Elle,then dentist appointment this afternoon then back to vets to pick Elle up,love more appointments than days in a week at moment it's a right juggling act! Have a good day everyone! K

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
good morning all :)

4.0 today

Yesterday I had to go back to the optician to repeat my 'field of vision test' because it didn't go well at all when I had my yearly eye test done :(

as suspected it seems to have been mainly my flipping anxiety affecting my concentration :sorry: I didn't know it could do that to such an extent (although the dilation eye drops can apparently sometimes have an impact too). I missed no targets with my right eye and only a couple with my left, one of which I told her about so she says that it all seems fine this time. After I'd explained about the anxiety she told me that I could stop and restart the test to complete it if I needed to (which I did with my left eye). Very helpful and reassuring:happy:

It seems to me that part of my anxiety comes from my body overeacting and producing adrenalin/cortisol for fairly minor physical stresses, (since I've lost so much weight my body doesn't appreciate being cold, or hungry or overtired etc.) Perhaps it's not just my insulin response that's got out of whack over the years, is it another bit of the metabolic syndrome package?

Had a nice lunch out too ;)
Hi @geefull I have just read your post and couldn't believe someone else is exactly the same has myself the stress and anxiety levels in last 18 months has taken its toll on me also and like you I cannot stand the cold since losing weight couple this with recent health problems and you have me who is now going to attend phycological assessment for anxiety issues, in fact they have called around an hour age to arrange a 6 week course of help. Only it now coincides with my hospital appointment with my oncology consultation so I will again have to rearrange it for the second time. Do you believe it all coincides with having diabetes because I haven't put these things together but it does seem a coincidence, and I too have had field of vision problems before and after cateract surgery,I had laser treatment for mine after surgery twice, it's taken 3 1/4 years to get me back to being able to drive but I cannot drive at night its like night blindness. I wonder if anyone else has had these kind of problems it would be interesting to find out, perhaps we should ask this question? K

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
5.2 at 8.15 a.m. and I lurve Wednesdays. Since last August I don't do Wednesdays; the difference it makes to my life is amazing and every week I'm surprised and grateful all over again.

Today we're nipping over to a nearby town where the shopping is much better than our town. It feels like I'm skiving to be out and shopping on a Wednesday.

I signed up to that government gateway thing yesterday which informs me I have 45 full years of NIC contributions with 5 years left to work before I can get my state pension. It let me check how much I paid each year and all I can think is that my school holiday jobs paid contributions because I didn't leave school until I was 18, but the Gateway has me working since I was 16 with pittances contributed those years. I can't remember that far back but I'm pleased with the pension prediction :) If it's still available in 5 years .....
Good luck with the pension pot!K and the BG is none too shabby either!K

Reactions: ziggy_w and WuTwo

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Good morning........they must be dishing out 5.5s today,me too.
Don't knock it! Hope your keeping well and sleeping better!
I've been up again at 3 ish this morning and every early morning since Monday rotten in it! K

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
hmm 6.9 today, didn´t measure yesterday , was ill , so maybe that is the reason why my number is so high today ... hope it will lower soon again... have a great day everyone :)
What's been the matter, hope your ok, take care and hope your better soon! K