What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi Bubbsie you'd better tell us where these Clair's are so we can all give them a go! Haha! K
K...there was one left in the sweetie jar...alone...unloved...unwanted...crying out for attention...so I gave it some...and ate it...did a good thing.

Reactions: Cumberland

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...despite the lack of work...prospects...or a lottery win...remarkably cheerful this morning...going with while it lasts...good appointment with Dr Max Medication yesterday...he smiled all the way through my review...told me how well I was doing...I paid attention...well I spent most of it wondering how old he actually is...since he looks about 12...fired off a couple of questions...ascertained his BG is 37...he prefers clarkes shoes for comfort...there are times when he wonders why he wanted to be a GP...but...overall he is doing fine;)

ps...forgot to say woke to a 4.9

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Unfairness/ use of offensive language.
Morning all. Down to 6.4 this morning at 8.20 am. despite a very stressful few days. First time below 7 since December! Busy day ahead doing voluntary work. Still waiting for MRI scan appointment. Enjoy your day folks. :)

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
@Bubbsie
@WuTwo I took our pug Elle to vets yesterday for a accessment on why she has suddenly developed breathing problems we are devastated she died on the operating table and their was nothing they could do to save her. It turns out she had an enlarged heart I'm missing her so much we both are I just wanted you both to know Has I know how much you both love your dogs like us! K

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Morning...despite the lack of work...prospects...or a lottery win...remarkably cheerful this morning...going with while it lasts...good appointment with Dr Max Medication yesterday...he smiled all the way through my review...told me how well I was doing...I paid attention...well I spent most of it wondering how old he actually is...since he looks about 12...fired off a couple of questions...ascertained his BG is 37...he prefers clarkes shoes for comfort...there are times when he wonders why he wanted to be a GP...but...overall he is doing fine;)
Hope Harry is getting some cuddles,you take good care of him Bubbsie! K
ps...forgot to say woke to a 4.9

geefull

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning all :)

4.3 today

Ooof - dealing with trees costs a lot of money! It is a fair old size though:(

@Granny_grump_ the stress/anxiety thing and my own reactions lead me to believe that it's worth thinking about, since it's recognised that diabetics seem more prone to get depression, anxiety or becoming stressed but it may be that when they say that people who suffer from stress or depression are more prone to diabetes and poor bg control that it's perhaps related rather than causal, a vicious cycle or even that the perceived relationship is back to front?

- bottom line, is it that metabolic syndrome/disregulation is the underlying factor of both things and perhaps of other hormone related problems (could it also be implicated in thyroid problems? we also have the PCOS link). General endocrine disruption seems very likely when you realise how many of these other problems crop up with insulin resistance. (That's a lot of disregulated endocrine systems - eating hormones, sex hormones, pituitary and thyroid hormones :(:( ) - thanks to your High Carb low fat dietary advice!

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
good morning all :)

4.3 today

Ooof - dealing with trees costs a lot of money! It is a fair old size though:(

@Granny_grump_ the stress/anxiety thing and my own reactions lead me to believe that it's worth thinking about, since it's recognised that diabetics seem more prone to get depression, anxiety or becoming stressed but it may be that when they say that people who suffer from stress or depression are more prone to diabetes and poor bg control that it's perhaps related rather than causal, a vicious cycle or even that the perceived relationship is back to front?

- bottom line, is it that metabolic syndrome/disregulation is the underlying factor of both things and perhaps of other hormone related problems (could it also be implicated in thyroid problems? we also have the PCOS link). General endocrine disruption seems very likely when you realise how many of these other problems crop up with insulin resistance. (That's a lot of disregulated endocrine systems - eating hormones, sex hormones, pituitary and thyroid hormones :(:( ) - thanks to your High Carb low fat dietary advice!
Hi geefull I do agree with you so many unexplained and unfamiliar things happen with diabetes and I can add one more I started with allergies and hay fever and allergic asthma in my 60 s not allergic to any of the normal things now got epipen last week due to a full blown anaphylactic around 4/5 years ago to X-ray contrast dye ended up in Intensive care,since then allergic to codiene had this for years for my arthritis,prawns some nuts micropore tape and last week to the dressing towel used in my op,it was again the sticky backing bright red leg and hot to touch. Where the hell are all these things coming from I feel like a walking time bomb no idea what else these allergies will throw up,at least I now have the epipen to use in emergency? Take care ! K

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@Bubbsie
@WuTwo I took our pug Elle to vets yesterday for a accessment on why she has suddenly developed breathing problems we are devastated she died on the operating table and their was nothing they could do to save her. It turns out she had an enlarged heart I'm missing her so much we both are I just wanted you both to know Has I know how much you both love your dogs like us! K
Oh noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo K...devastating news...so so very sorry to hear that...poor little thing.

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Oh noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo K...devastating news...so so very sorry to hear that...poor little thing.[/QUOTE
Hi Bubbsie thank you it was so unexpected so it came has a huge shock we cannot stop being upset,we've had dogs for 38 years they are all individuals but Elle was so soft and always by my side she never left it. I told Geoff no more I cannot keep going through this awful grief and emptiness even though we have Louie he's completely unlike Elle he's more independent not so clingy has Elle though still a fabulous dog whom we love just has much,but Elle crawled under my skins shall always remain so. Thank you I knew you understood! K

Reactions: HarryBeau

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
@Bubbsie
Thank you for your kindness it's much appreciated! K

Reactions: HarryBeau