Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
How long is the fast mentioned in these postings? Is it 6-7-8 hours interval after dinner and before breakfast, without any food in between?

if you want to do the intermittent fasting style with foods then the 8:16 meens you eat in the 8 hour window and the remaining 16 hours you dont eat at all:

for instance like eating between 11 o´clock until 19 o´clock in the day having one two or three meals.. low carb meals that is.

JanetMcDowell

Thank you Mrs McD. (I also have an ology - your comment just reminded me of that advert) I trust you have fully recovered from the indignity of a trip to a well known Swedish retailer. We don't tolerate such outlets in Cambridge:angelic: It would frighten the horses.

Frightened the sh.. out of me.

peony50

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Porridge does the same to me but sometimes it's all in when waiting to do a grocery shop. Some filled with sugar unlike porridge made with water.
All we type2s are missing insulin first response which causes the lingering spike. None diabetics clear the carbs/glucose spike quicker.
We are what we are. Protein breakfast is the only other solution hun. Egg anyway you like it?
Thanks for your post. We had drain problems yesterday, so while waiting in for an emergency plumber I weakened for the cereal. I don’t usually have cows milk in the house but had bought a pint for Easter visitors. I should have thrown the milk away, ( I have now),as I don’t like cereal with soya milk which is what hubby uses. I have double cream in my coffee. Did have my bacon and eggs today, nice to be back on track.

Reactions: ianpspurs

tsouza

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Must I eat something sour for dinner to get this fasting BG below 6 ? Or keep a scale on the dining table to measure the morcels of food? This diet control is becoming very tricky for me, and I am not a great eater!

tsouza

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks for your post. We had drain problems yesterday, so while waiting in for an emergency plumber I weakened for the cereal. I don’t usually have cows milk in the house but had bought a pint for Easter visitors. I should have thrown the milk away, ( I have now),as I don’t like cereal with soya milk which is what hubby uses. I have double cream in my coffee. Did have my bacon and eggs today, nice to be back on track.
And what was the net result? Increased dose of insulin or metamorphic?