Bad news Update

daisyduck

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks @Mbaker I've watched several videos and podcasts and lots of them mention the benefits of fasting too.
My only problem is my BG raises when I fast ? Not sure if that is a good or bad thing ?
I did a two hour dance class this morning on just a bulletproof coffee, 10000 steps and I've come home to a BG of 8.1 !!

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks @Mbaker I've watched several videos and podcasts and lots of them mention the benefits of fasting too.
My only problem is my BG raises when I fast ? Not sure if that is a good or bad thing ?
I did a two hour dance class this morning on just a bulletproof coffee, 10000 steps and I've come home to a BG of 8.1 !!

I'm not at all sure such strenuous exercise is a good thing on an empty stomach. There is so little glucose in the system that the liver comes out to play with too much enthusiasm. I have no personal experience of this, other than if I do a lot of housework in the mornings after just a coffee with cream, my liver dumps appear. I leave housework till later in the day.

Reactions: MrsLocks

daisyduck

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm not at all sure such strenuous exercise is a good thing on an empty stomach. There is so little glucose in the system that the liver comes out to play with too much enthusiasm. I have no personal experience of this, other than if I do a lot of housework in the mornings after just a coffee with cream, my liver dumps appear. I leave housework till later in the day.

Yes, my liver has always been very "helpful !"
I'll try plan B at next dance class.. avocado and egg before I go

Speedbird

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
My tuppence worth daisyduck.
I went for a pet scan that showed I had 2 thyroid nodules that lit up like Christmas trees. The consultant wanted me to have them out. It was my decision to try every and anything else available to me before any surgery. I went on the Longo fasting 5 day diet for 3 consecutive months. Adapting it to my needs rather than paying out for Prolon.
On 2 consecutive scans my nodules had shrunk.
This is just my journey but I hope it helps you in any way it can.

X

daisyduck

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
My tuppence worth daisyduck.
I went for a pet scan that showed I had 2 thyroid nodules that lit up like Christmas trees. The consultant wanted me to have them out. It was my decision to try every and anything else available to me before any surgery. I went on the Longo fasting 5 day diet for 3 consecutive months. Adapting it to my needs rather than paying out for Prolon.
On 2 consecutive scans my nodules had shrunk.
This is just my journey but I hope it helps you in any way it can.

X
Thanks @Speedbird that's encouraging.

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Hi @daisyduck

I am so very sorry to hear your news, and I hope dearly that you can get good treatment and care.

Please have a look at professor robert thomas info on websites ref diet for cancer...

He was leader in research that established pomi-t capsules (available on net)... gut flora is essential too.

http://www.cancernet.co.uk/rthomas.htm

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Lifestyle-Cancer-Professor-Robert-Thomas-ebook/dp/B01A9TKSHG

The capsules recommended by him (been trialled with suoerb results).. met him and people in trials.

Youtube talks as well.

Please eat protein based meals for healing, broccoli if you can everyday and also look at adding turmeric into foods besides pomi-t capsules..

daisyduck

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi @daisyduck

I am so very sorry to hear your news, and I hope dearly that you can get good treatment and care.

Please have a look at professor robert thomas info on websites ref diet for cancer...

He was leader in research that established pomi-t capsules (available on net)... gut flora is essential too.

http://www.cancernet.co.uk/rthomas.htm

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Lifestyle-Cancer-Professor-Robert-Thomas-ebook/dp/B01A9TKSHG

The capsules recommended by him (been trialled with suoerb results).. met him and people in trials.

Youtube talks as well.

Please eat protein based meals for healing, broccoli if you can everyday and also look at adding turmeric into foods besides pomi-t capsules..

Thanks @donnellysdogs I'll check that out

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dear Daisyduck send you my hug. , Macadamia nuts are the nuts with the lowest level of carbs good luck with the keto diet

Reactions: daisyduck

daisyduck

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dear Daisyduck send you my hug. , Macadamia nuts are the nuts with the lowest level of carbs good luck with the keto diet
Thanks. I did buy loads of macadamias the other week. Holland and Barrett had them on buy one get one free. My favourite nut :)

Reactions: Freema

Jo_the_boat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
There are some helpful, nice folk on here are there not?
Afraid I can't be of practical help but I certainly wish you well.

Reactions: Bea56 and Freema

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I'm thinking of you @daisyduck.

I like your consultant seems perplexed about your result. I'm hoping due to healing and your cancer cells are being fought back and are surrounded into defeat.
Try and keep stress-free. It will make a huge difference.
Sending hugs to squash them cells into dust. My hugs can do that, I'm told. Try and avoid burnt food and maybe consider an anti oxident like supplement r-ala?
(so no crusty toast, even from protein bread).
Sending you lots of squashing and giggles. Ha Ha Laughter is great medicine.
Your positive attitude will wing it. :)

daisyduck

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm thinking of you @daisyduck.

I like your consultant seems perplexed about your result. I'm hoping due to healing and your cancer cells are being fought back and are surrounded into defeat.
Try and keep stress-free. It will make a huge difference.
Sending hugs to squash them cells into dust. My hugs can do that, I'm told. Try and avoid burnt food and maybe consider an anti oxident like supplement r-ala?
(so no crusty toast, even from protein bread).
Sending you lots of squashing and giggles. Ha Ha Laughter is great medicine.
Your positive attitude will wing it. :)

Thanks @ickihun I've got some r-ala so will make sure I take it every day. You're right in that mental attitude really helps.. my dancing does too :)
No bread at all. so none burnt :) . I'm full on keto at the moment so staying under 20g carbs. Feeling OK on that so far and not hungry.

daisyduck

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi @daisyduck and very sorry to hear your news.

I can’t help with specifics of keto in relation to cancer, but can help with the ketones. I use the Caresens Dual, which is free from Spirit Healthcare. It comes with 2 free ketone strips and 10 free blood glucose strips. The ketone strips work out about £1 each. Don’t use it for BG monitoring as I’m happy with the SD Codefree that is cheaper for that purpose.

http://spirit-healthcare.co.uk/product/caresens-dual-blood-glucose-and-ketone-meter/

All the best.

Hi again @Goonergal and thank you. My meter has just arrived. When is the best time to test please? I'm only on to my third day of below 20g carbs and just tested 30 mins after eating 2 boiled eggs.. The ketone reading was 0.9 . Does anyone know the optimum to aim for please?
@bulkbiker probably knows :)

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi again @Goonergal and thank you. My meter has just arrived. When is the best time to test please? I'm only on to my third day of below 20g carbs and just tested 30 mins after eating 2 boiled eggs.. The ketone reading was 0.9 . Does anyone know the optimum to aim for please?
Nutritional ketosis is between 0.5 and 3.0 so your 0.9 is good. I find my ketones are usually higher in the afternoon but probably when I'm skipping lunch .. extended fasting gives the highest levels I have seen (into the 4's) but the theory is that higher isn't always better. Once you are in ketosis you are there.

daisyduck

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Nutritional ketosis is between 0.5 and 3.0 so your 0.9 is good. I find my ketones are usually higher in the afternoon but probably when I'm skipping lunch .. extended fasting gives the highest levels I have seen (into the 4's) but the theory is that higher isn't always better. Once you are in ketosis you are there.

Brilliant.. thanks @bulkbiker .. strips are quite expensive so will only test a couple of times a week.. If I can resist it !
I'll try a fasting one tomorrow though

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Brilliant.. thanks @bulkbiker .. strips are quite expensive so will only test a couple of times a week.. If I can resist it !
I'll try a fasting one tomorrow though
I know what you mean.. worst thing is I bought a load last year and forgot about them and they are now past their use by date.. so far seem to be ok though.. I test about once a week but am pretty sure I'm there most of the time anyway.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

I see @bulkbiker beat me to it. Nothing to add to what he said - and agree, I have higher levels later in the day, especially when fasting.

daisyduck

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
6 days into the keto diet and I feel great.
Ketone levels now between 1.2 and 1.6.
Amazing drop in BG readings and my lowest ever overnight fasting reading of 5.6 this morning.
BG hasn't gone much over 6 for two days now.
Adding turmeric and R-ALA and a multivitamin.