What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
5.9 this morning. It’s cold, windy and a winter storm warning issued. We could get up to 30cm of snow by Monday morning coupled with high winds, it could get rather nasty.
I love 5s but not 30

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Goonergal and @DJC3 brilliant fbg numbers. Y'all have a good day now.

Thanks. I’d like to take credit but I know it was the bottle of malbec Mr C and I shared while watching the National yesterday. Have to say that as I haven’t really had much of a drink for ages, I hogged the lion’s share.
Will probably be back in the 6s tomorrow (unless we crack another bottle - there’s a thought)

Hope your wife is improving under your ministrations.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks @DJC3 she has risen from bed. I suspect mostly to admonish me for not doing everything in the approved manner - there is her way and the wrong way apparently;)

Of course! I always reload the dishwasher after everyone has helpfully put their dishes in, in a totally higgledy piggledy manner. I have also been known to go out to the washing line, take all the washing down and rehang it properly!
I completely understand her angst.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I have also been known to go out to the washing line, take all the washing down and rehang it properly! I completely understand her angst.
Sounds familiar but after 35 years she still thinks I just don't know how she wants it done and don't find it hilarious watching a grown woman fuming over the way I have filled the dishwasher! I also certainly never paid my sons to fill it wrongly just for the reaction from her.

Last edited:
Reactions: karen8967

Glenmac

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thankyou again for the good wishes,Mr Mac is progressing well so far and tonight was moved from critical care unit to a surgical ward.I may not post for a few days as I'm exhausted after visiting and just want to sleep.Our families have given us great support.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thankyou again for the good wishes,Mr Mac is progressing well so far and tonight was moved from critical care unit to a surgical ward.I may not post for a few days as I'm exhausted after visiting and just want to sleep.Our families have given us great support.

Great news @Glenmac I’m so pleased for you all. Please take care of yourself, as you say, you need to sleep and rest.

Reactions: ziggy_w

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Woke to a 2.4 @4.30 treated and 5.8 @5.15 .have a great day all .
FB_IMG_1523716678720.jpg