What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Mick1959

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning to you all on this misty/foggy morning (well it is here)

Today I had a reading of 5.6, and that follows an evening where I had a small selection of fine cheeses (no crackers or fruit), and a rather splendid single malt whisky at 9pm last night

May Sunday be a day of fun for you all

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
A very good spring morning to one and all. My fbg was 5.1 today so inch by inch and all that. My wife is not well today so I can fill the dishwasher without the inspector's permission to start. 1 load of washing on and a nice man coming from Milton Keynes with our shopping - wonky avocados not available in store! Tea, tablets and sympathy taken to patient - pity Spurs did their best BOHICA act yesterday!
@Goonergal and @DJC3 brilliant fbg numbers. Y'all have a good day now.

Last edited:

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good morening to one of you the rest of you can fight over the one hehehehe. Sunday is always a day of contention. A 7.1 from me this morning.
Going out today wif my pals chaos and mayhem and not only but also chayhem and mayos. The down side is Mrs J will e attendance.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
The down side is Mrs J will e attendance.
Oh no alf, for heaven's sake keep away from the e there's no knowing where it will all end once you start down that road

. Screenshot 2018-04-15 at 08.22.09.png

Last edited:

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Happy Sunday everyone.
4.9 going to bed
4.8 on waking
Happy with that
Not been online much this week as doing some painting at home, anything that stands still long enough gets painted. Almost there.
Went out for a chinese with my ex colleagues friday, chicken satay and stir fry washed down with copious amounts of red nectar!!! Bs steady since. Floating on air as the last time all 9 of us went out was november which was before i started my diet. 36lbs lighter now. They were all shocked as they had no idea. I had my kit with me. 3 girls wanted to be tested. 2 were in the early 5s but one was 9.2! No food for 2 hours but drinking red wine and she had eaten the dumplings to start followed by a sweet and sour dish. I said it was probably higher due to this. But im no dr, do you think it could be that or she could be IR! Even i was only 8.7!

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Morning from me and the pedantic BG.
A very strange end of the day yesterday. I tested just before bed and madam was 3.7 so sleep was postponed. Pastille and a biscuit later 6.1 and off to nod.
Woke at 3 and checked 5.2 nodding continued.
Dragged my pathetic little body from the nod nest 3.7 again.
It seems madam BG is getting the better of me

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Unfairness/ use of offensive language.
Thankyou for all your good wishes.Today has been spent preparing him for major surgery tomorrow morning.The good thing is a new hospital is just ten minutes away,we just didn't expect to see the interior.Just feeling shattered today,but family are a great support
Just sending best wishes to you and your hubby today, Glenmac.
Take care.:)

Reactions: ziggy_w

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Morning from me and the pedantic BG.
A very strange end of the day yesterday. I tested just before bed and madam was 3.7 so sleep was postponed. Pastille and a biscuit later 6.1 and off to nod.
Woke at 3 and checked 5.2 nodding continued.
Dragged my pathetic little body from the nod nest 3.7 again.
It seems madam BG is getting the better of me

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
good day all :)

4.2 today

looks like the early fog may burn off :) so with luck the little dog and I will have a walk later, have a good day everyone:)
Hope you,your dog and BG have a great day.

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
BG very late today busy busy busy
Had my brunch meal before o realised I hadn't tested this morning any how after brunch 2 hours their about BG was 6.3
Not bad off 1 toast mushrooms and 1 slice bacon and 1 bratwurst sausage.
Will test later in day. K
@Glenmac hoping your husband is feeling ever so slightly better today after his surgery,and your feeling less stressed now it's over. Best Wishes to you and your husband! K And a speedy recoverery