What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

flexi06

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Brilliant bg numerals @HarrisonK - I’m a logistics coordinator ( fancy name for logistics admin) at a bread factory- so you would be doing the role of my managers- I also talk to the drivers for most of the day- well a high proportion moan and we listen, while trying to extract route debrief information. They’re a good bunch really.

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
a high proportion moan and we listen, while trying to extract route debrief information. They’re a good bunch really.

I'm a firm believer that when Mother Nature puts a truck driver together she makes sure all verbal output goes through the 'let's moan about this' filter. Best part is, even the driver's don't believe what they're moaning about ;)

Mick1959

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks to all for your kind words and thoughts.

Just back from the having my blood taken.

As usual, I was part of the levity, as they know me from my past, as I hate needles at best of times, but endure.

For bloods, they always have to hunt for a vein, plus I may faint etc. But I am happy to be open with my failings around blood giving.

Today, no fainting, but 20 minutes in, laying back with feet up in the air and arm hanging down, they finally decided best place was to take blood was from my forearm as my body decided all access points were off limits.

Best part though, is I get a lot of attention from the lovely nurses and plenty of jokes making the experience easier

flexi06

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
OMG OMG OMG IM SOOOO HAPPY. I just collected my latest (done early after only just 2 months instead of 3) my HBA1C is down from 78 in Feb, at diagnosis to ( drumroll) 66 - I know it’s not where it should be yet but wow I’m pleased. It actually says on the form re my fasting bg, 6.0 (was a good day) that my fasting bg of 6.0 makes a diagnosis of diabetes mellitus unlikely UNLIKELY. I know I will have this forever but this says to me I am gaining control. Oh what a way to start the day. I’ve got X-pert part 2 today, lots of you have a little part played in my joy today. oh I’ve also lost about a stone since my diagnosis. Xxxx

Mick1959

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
OMG OMG OMG IM SOOOO HAPPY. I just collected my latest (done early after only just 2 months instead of 3) my HBA1C is down from 78 in Feb, at diagnosis to ( drumroll) 66 - I know it’s not where it should be yet but wow I’m pleased. It actually says on the form re my fasting bg, 6.0 (was a good day) that my fasting bg of 6.0 makes a diagnosis of diabetes mellitus unlikely UNLIKELY. I know I will have this forever but this says to me I am gaining control. Oh what a way to start the day. I’ve got X-pert part 2 today, lots of you have a little part played in my joy today. oh I’ve also lost about a stone since my diagnosis. Xxxx
Congratulations, fantastic results

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
OMG OMG OMG IM SOOOO HAPPY. I will have this forever but this says to me I am gaining control. Oh what a way to start the day. I’ve got X-pert part 2 today, lots of you have a little part played in my joy today. oh I’ve also lost about a stone since my diagnosis. Xxxx
@flexi06 Brilliant progress and testament to your hard work! Perfect base to move forward from in the full knowledge that it works! ianpspurs (must remember the p!)

flexi06

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@ianpspurs - whoops sorry bout the p - yes I was feeling like I was making such slow progress but actually it’s quite significant so I must remember this. It’s true- it does work. I need to be more meticulous in detail and recording though - I will follow your excellent examples.
Brilliant low bg DJC3- I’m proud of you. We are winning

Reactions: Prem51 and ziggy_w

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks to all for your kind words and thoughts.

Just back from the having my blood taken.

As usual, I was part of the levity, as they know me from my past, as I hate needles at best of times, but endure.

For bloods, they always have to hunt for a vein, plus I may faint etc. But I am happy to be open with my failings around blood giving.

Today, no fainting, but 20 minutes in, laying back with feet up in the air and arm hanging down, they finally decided best place was to take blood was from my forearm as my body decided all access points were off limits.

Best part though, is I get a lot of attention from the lovely nurses and plenty of jokes making the experience easier
So theres an upside then

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Well done you

Jenniewren1958

Type of diabetes
Type 2

Fantastic results

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello all. A bit late posting today -- woke up at 5 p.m. and went back to bed about an hour later.

Blood sugars at @6:00 a.m. right after a Adonis snack bar 5.2. After getting up again at 9:30, they 5.0. I guess neither could really be considered fasting.

@SZB2357 -- Really good run there, congrats on your best fasting blood sugars so far.
@Mick1959 -- Keeping my fingers crossed that you will have some fantastic blood sugar results.
@flexi06 -- Wonderful results, you have to be so proud of your achievement. The next test will be even better.
@heavyd -- Wow. Very good fasting levels, really well done.

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
6.6 today
@heavyd Your doing great, how are you keeping don't see much of you on here but then I've been busy myself with family members going into hospital so I just usually post my BG, then if I've time I may look in later in day. Wishing you all the best ! K