What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello all.

Blood sugars this morning were 5.1.

@ianpspurs -- Amazing record keeping. I am impressed. Even in my best of times, it was never that detailed.
@ziggy_w That is a legacy of 36 years in teaching and watching my back very carefully! Your numbers are good, after effects of flu wearing off. I knew you would bounce back!

Reactions: flexi06

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks, @ianpspurs. I am very elated too that blood sugars have dropped again now. (Always a bit fearful that they might stay up and control is deteriorating).

Btw -- I am teaching too, but that doesn't mean I am organized. So, you have my full admiration.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks, @ianpspurs.
Btw -- I am teaching too, but that doesn't mean I am organized. So, you have my full admiration.
@ziggy_w I retired 4 years ago but retain old habits. I still make a development plan for my wife and I and have weekly meetings to check her progress! In the UK system tracking progress to the granular level is vital and record keeping demands you can show instantly targets, current level, interventions and results for each each student.:(

Last edited:
Reactions: flexi06

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
In the UK system tracking progress to the granular level is vital and record keeping demands you can show instantly targets, current level, interventions and results for each each student

I'm a spreadsheet junkie so I can relate to that. At work I monitor everything through spreadsheets which allows me to make 'predictions' regarding vehicles and drivers. It's not even my job as my job is totally boring, so I designed what I do. My manager doesn't mind as it increases productivity, but it would be nice if they gave me a proper job ;)

Reactions: flexi06 and DJC3

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
World away from my first teaching job in South London. They were just happy/amazed I got them all in my room. sitting down and quiet!
My brother in law had to do a teaching degree in order to qualify as an Ed Psych, his first actual teaching job was at a school in Bradford all the children spoke Punjabi and used to spend the first 10 to 20 minutes of the lesson making little jokes and taking the micky out of him knowing he didn't under stand what they were saying so he spent a couple of weeks studying Punjabi till he was fluent then let them continue taking the mick for a while then called the class to order in Punjabi they where gob smacked and very attentive from then on.

It's great going to an Indian restaurant with him you get very good service when you can order in Punjabi.

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Unfairness/ use of offensive language.
Morning all. 7.7 at 9am. Not testing/ posting as often as there doesn't seem much point until my circumstances change and I can regain some control. Still keeping in touch though and wishing you all well. Enjoy your Tuesday one and all.:)

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all. 7.7 at 9am. Not testing/ posting as often as there doesn't seem much point until my circumstances change and I can regain some control. Still keeping in touch though and wishing you all well. Enjoy your Tuesday one and all.:)
You will get there xx

Reactions: Cumberland