What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Mick1959

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning to you all

This morning the ritual blood letting has shown a reading of 6.0 @ 04.40

After all the nice 5's I have had recently, bit disappointed as I have the 3 monthly blood test for the HbA1c today, and usual routine of water and nothing to eat after 6pm as advised by Nurse at clinic.

Will be first in at 8am, so hoping my levels would show a big drop, but any drop will be an improvement.

Hope you all have a wonderful day today

flexi06

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello my lovelies, good-morning, I’m back for my 4 days off, 6.4 this am after a little blip ( I had a tiny 6 mini squares of CHOCOLATE (NOT delicious Cadbury’s but Ritter sport dark choc- unsatisfactory, unluxurious and inevitably not worth the dismay of a whole 1 point raise in my bg)
@ianspurs, I too am impressed by your detail and it is indeed a great lesson. I must be more accurate to achieve my goals. Defo not oversharing- in fact it looked like a valuable lesson in detail for a few of us. Again I must thank you for information and encouragement.
@DJC3 bottoms up and numbers down lol @HarrisonK it looks like we are in a similar line of work. 4 on 4 off shifts and a transport coordinator- what about you?
I hope it’s a beautiful day for you all with good numbers.

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning to you all

This morning the ritual blood letting has shown a reading of 6.0 @ 04.40

After all the nice 5's I have had recently, bit disappointed as I have the 3 monthly blood test for the HbA1c today, and usual routine of water and nothing to eat after 6pm as advised by Nurse at clinic.

Will be first in at 8am, so hoping my levels would show a big drop, but any drop will be an improvement.

Hope you all have a wonderful day today
Goodluck mick

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good morening Ladies and Gentlemen. If you're not sure of your gender please check, but not each other and not in public.

A 9.2 from me this morning.

Be good folks, well somebody has to.....

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@HarrisonK it looks like we are in a similar line of work. 4 on 4 off shifts and a transport coordinator- what about you?

Seems so, technically I work for a recovery company as a recovery driver on the trucks, but an injury last year had me transferred to the logistics section. I have my OCPC etc so they are 'utilising' my logistics management skills at no extra charge. The drivers like to know I'm there as they have someone who has 'done the job' to talk to. What line are you in?

Today fine score was 5.7 at 8am, didn't go above 5.7 all day yesterday :)