What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
6.2 from the frozen Canadian wasteland
@Troubled1 thought it was you last week but couldn't quite remember so didn't comment,see from your post it's still very bad weather where you are, hopefully your keeping well and it's nice to see you back on here! Good luck K

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hello all. A bit late posting today -- woke up at 5 p.m. and went back to bed about an hour later.

Blood sugars at @6:00 a.m. right after a Adonis snack bar 5.2. After getting up again at 9:30, they 5.0. I guess neither could really be considered fasting.

@SZB2357 -- Really good run there, congrats on your best fasting blood sugars so far.
@Mick1959 -- Keeping my fingers crossed that you will have some fantastic blood sugar results.
@flexi06 -- Wonderful results, you have to be so proud of your achievement. The next test will be even better.
@heavyd -- Wow. Very good fasting levels, really well done.
@ziggy_w Are you ok thought you where over the flu now,just with you going back to bed? But then it was early take care ! K

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
5.8 at 9:00
@ Freema how are you doing,I've just got back from hospital with my niece she's having problems with the surgery she had done two /three weeks ago I had to take her back to the ward for the consultant to see her. She's back on Monday but I've yet another appointment with my dog this time,who has the luxury of relaxing certainly not me! K

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@ziggy_w Are you ok thought you where over the flu now,just with you going back to bed? But then it was early take care ! K

Thanks so much for your concern, @Granny_grump_ . Yes, I am really over the flu now. I usually get home late from work and don't get to bed before midnight. So, 5 p.m. is a tad early for me. Woke up after dreaming I rescued a little boy. Felt so real when I dreamed it, but was really absurd in the light of day.

How is your leg? It should be almost healed by now.

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Thanks so much for your concern, @Granny_grump_ . Yes, I am really over the flu now. I usually get home late from work and don't get to bed before midnight. So, 5 p.m. is a tad early for me. Woke up after dreaming I rescued a little boy. Felt so real when I dreamed it, but was really absurd in the light of day.

How is your leg? It should be almost healed by now.
@ziggy_w Leg doing great thankfully no longer an open wound but still a lot of healing to do, hospital say upto 12 months it can take, but no dressings now just fresh air to help it heal and skin toughen up. Glad your doing fine I've been awake since 3am so know what you mean,I must have nodded for a little while got up around 7.20.
I'm not usually a dreamer but I also dreamed of a woman swimming in the sea with a baby in a sling across her body, I too woke up has it probably didn't end well I'd sooner not know the outcome, strange dreams wonder sometimes what they mean? K

Reactions: ziggy_w

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Whats happened there cumbs hope ye okay
After all day yesterday being 4.9 fbg today 5.7 - definitely fake news! But. shorts on. lawns cut, barbeque and hot tub good to go, plenty of Prosecco chilled for my wife. How bad can it be? Won't you miss work they said!:angelic:
@ianpspurs let us know when hot tub and prosecco is ready to go,I'll be first in hot tub! Haha! Enjoy your day! K

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hi ziggy _w photo update of the leg hope it doesn't offend!
IMG_0612.JPG
not a clear picture though.

heavyd

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
bleaching of skin and lies
Hello all. A bit late posting today -- woke up at 5 p.m. and went back to bed about an hour later.

Blood sugars at @6:00 a.m. right after a Adonis snack bar 5.2. After getting up again at 9:30, they 5.0. I guess neither could really be considered fasting.

@SZB2357 -- Really good run there, congrats on your best fasting blood sugars so far.
@Mick1959 -- Keeping my fingers crossed that you will have some fantastic blood sugar results.
@flexi06 -- Wonderful results, you have to be so proud of your achievement. The next test will be even better.
@heavyd -- Wow. Very good fasting levels, really well done.
Yes o

heavyd

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
bleaching of skin and lies
@heavyd Your doing great, how are you keeping don't see much of you on here but then I've been busy myself with family members going into hospital so I just usually post my BG, then if I've time I may look in later in day. Wishing you all the best ! K
Thanks I really don't test everyday but I read members messages daily. Hope your family members are doing ok. I have been trying to bring the BG down

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Thanks I really don't test everyday but I read members messages daily. Hope your family members are doing ok. I have been trying to bring the BG down
heavyd they will get their I'm sure both my sister and her daughter have had major surgery within two weeks of each other,my sister is doing great but her daughter has developed two infections hence return to hospital this morning. Nice to see your BG is more in control well done! K

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
@Granny_grump my grandson calls the hot tub nanny's paddling pool! Hot tub and Prosecco ready now. How far are you from Cambridge?
@ianpspurs Hi may take me a while to get their keep the water hot and the prosecco cold I'm on my way, I live in rugby town of Wigan Lancashire! K

Reactions: ianpspurs

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
@ianpspurs Hi may take me a while to get their keep the water hot and the prosecco cold I'm on my way, I live in rugby town of Wigan Lancashire! K
Grandson was at school with Joe Burgess who plays for Wigan Warriors now. Keiran was being scouted by the local rugby teams as well till he got Osteochondritis dissecans and ended up in plaster casts on both legs ankle to hip for a year.