What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
4.8 going to bed
4.8 waking up
Very happy

6.2 yesterday after a faux pas lunch previous day. I had chicken salad when out for lunch with my friend. It was glazed with honey!!!! I didn't eat it all but it raised my 2 hour BS significantly to 9.6 plus my following morning one! It was really tasty though ;-) won't be eating that again.

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
7.1 for no apparent reason, did 2000 calories at fitness and only ate 2700 calories.. so in theory I should be losing some weight, but well reality is that I don't actually have gained 0.5 kg the last weeks of an average of 1400 calories daily.:hungover::hungover::hungover::hungover::hungover::wacky::eek::grumpy:

well maybe its the very high level of proteins.. diabetes is a riddle .. well I also still have gout in my feet but try to ignore it while exercising.. but afterwards I walk like a retired disabled duck... but well it is less agony than last week after all..

hope you all enjoy the wonderful summer weather , here in DK I had 25 degrees celcius on my balocony yesterday , so today I´ll brush and wash the floor there and make it ready for enjoyment already have lots of flowers there so we ate outside yesterday evening.

P

pollensa

Hello mates,
At a couple of the other forums I've frequented there was a thread like this one where we all sorta checked in each day, with our first cup of coffee or tea, and reported our fasting or waking blood glucose level and some short comment about whether we're ok with it or if not - why not?...

It worked well as a sort of 'first thread to check' each morning and post to.

I'll start.

This morning was a 5.6mmol for me. That's about normal for me

What about you?

This morning,

Fasting Finger test 85mg/dl fasting state at 8am.

Fasting A1C NOW home test proved to be excellent taken at fasting state 5.4%.

RE TESTING LEVELS GENERALLY ON THE TOPIC OF RESULTS FASTING TODAY.
The A1C now home test kit is a wonderful tool to keep tracks inbetween any 2,3,6, or yearly A1C tests, especially for those who have difficulty giving blood from an arm. I am pre diabetic, but hate giving blood, so to have the luxury convenience of been able to take out my A1C test kit from the fridge in 5 mins and get a lab tested result is super!

When I finally do an arm blood test in 6 months, also do an A1C test immediately afterwards to compare the results.

Normally they are just 1,2, point difference either way, obviously, speaks volumes A1C home testing is good tool for those who like to keep track and accurate too!

Not cheap, spain 120 Euros Australia 139 Dollars Australia but well worth it.

hope this helps.

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
Good morning everyone where has the sun gone, very overcast here!
BG @ 8 am was 6.4 and that's off sea bass and green beans and cauliflower
Strawberries and cream evening meal last night?? K

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
7.1 for no apparent reason, did 2000 calories at fitness and only ate 2700 calories.. so in theory I should be losing some weight, but well reality is that I don't actually have gained 0.5 kg the last weeks of an average of 1400 calories daily.:hungover::hungover::hungover::hungover::hungover::wacky::eek::grumpy:

well maybe its the very high level of proteins.. diabetes is a riddle .. well I also still have gout in my feet but try to ignore it while exercising.. but afterwards I walk like a retired disabled duck... but well it is less agony than last week after all..

hope you all enjoy the wonderful summer weather , here in DK I had 25 degrees celcius on my balocony yesterday , so today I´ll brush and wash the floor there and make it ready for enjoyment already have lots of flowers there so we ate outside yesterday evening.
Hi Freema mine is also raised this morning for no apparent reason,certainly not from what I ate yesterday your so right it's very much a riddle. Have a good day and sorry about the gout! K

Canvaspic

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi all, long time lurker, reluctant poster.
5.7 this morning, eat before bed, so higher than usual for me. But better than the constant 6s before Christmas and before amaryl.
Trying to keep my afternoon numbers ( 2 hours post) below 6 as they have a habit of getting away from me.
Enjoy the sunshine

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi Freema mine is also raised this morning for no apparent reason,certainly not from what I ate yesterday your so right it's very much a riddle. Have a good day and sorry about the gout! K

okay maybe it is our bodies coping with a new situation of a hotter climate... have you got almost summer weather too where you live ?

Last edited:
Reactions: ziggy_w

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
okay maybe it is our bodies coping with a new situation of a hotter climate... have you got alomost summer weather too where you live ?
Definitely not it's hit and miss just like our diabetes all I can say it's 10.10 am and dry but cloudy,but the sun may give an appearance later it's anyone's guess? We rarely get temperatures of 25deg in the north but it does reach in the 20s some days in summer,if it's higher it's a freak day.
Enjoy your balcony I can just imagine it with pots of flowers sounds lovely K

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hi all, long time lurker, reluctant poster.
5.7 this morning, eat before bed, so higher than usual for me. But better than the constant 6s before Christmas and before amaryl.
Trying to keep my afternoon numbers ( 2 hours post) below 6 as they have a habit of getting away from me.
Enjoy the sunshine
Great numbers and a very warm welcome! K