Treatment type
Diet only

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@daisyduck I’ve only just spotted your thread and my heart goes out to you. I spent most of last year battling with cancer and understand what a bodyblow the diagnosis is. I’ll be thinking of you tomorrow. Big hugs.

Reactions: daisyduck

Motherhen2014

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
People shouting while on their phones.
Hi daisyduck
Sorry to hear your news.. there is a fairly large section in the www.ketogenicforums.com about keto and cancer but its in a secure area so I can't link you to it directly as you'll have to sign up to the forums to access it. I would recommend you do that if you want to get some info. I haven't really looked into it much but there are some amazing success stories especially but not solely with brain tumours. There are a few studies about chemo and keto and how ultra low carb can help with recovery times. Apart from that recommendation maybe check out Professor Thomas Seyfried who is a bit of an expert on cancer and keto.
Hope that helps a bit and that you get better very soon. Big hugs M
Sorry to hear your news daisyduck, sending you hugs.xx

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Looks like I'm up for round two. Me vs cervical cancer.
On a positive note, the lymph node I was worried about has carried on shrinking.
Bad news is that there is something growing where the cancer was. Oncologist isn't sure how to proceed and needs to consult with the team, but I'll need another PET scan and possibly surgery.
Another appointment in three weeks.

I'd like some advice on a keto cancer diet please? As these cancers seem to feed on glucose it makes sense to reduce it.
Looking online gives me conflicting information. ie grass fed meat, no dairy ? etc.
I've never measured ketones so don't really know how low carb I'd have to go ? What do you use to measure your ketones please and where do I buy that ?

UPDATE

I've had the result of my PET scan and it is back !
I've been referred to the surgical team and am meeting them tomorrow to see what can be done .
Still feeling fit and well though.
Arh how are you coping with this discovery? Still bit of a shock thou, right?
Fit and well is good, very good.
@donnellysdogs may have some advice, not sure if she's around at mo but she is a huge inspiration.

singsteve

On a positive note, the lymph node I was worried about has carried on shrinking.
Bad news is that there is something growing where the cancer was. Oncologist isn't sure how to proceed and needs to consult with the team, but I'll need another PET scan and possibly surgery.

I'd like some advice on a keto cancer diet please? As these cancers seem to feed on glucose it makes sense to reduce it.
Looking online gives me conflicting information. ie grass fed meat, no dairy ? etc.
I've never measured ketones so don't really know how low carb I'd have to go ? What do you use to measure your ketones please and where do I buy that ?

UPDATE

I've been referred to the surgical team and am meeting them tomorrow to see what can be done .

Hi

UPDATE

Hi DD,

You are certainly adopting the right attitude. Many nutritionist avoid giving advice on this subject (other than preventative measures) but there are some things which I can state based upon many years in science. Firstly, I must say before starting any radical changes in your diet consult you oncology team and your GP.

There are many reported cases of diet combating cancers even at stage IV accompanied by clinical evidence but as always, not all can be trusted and the could be other implications. I read this forum as I have an active interest in D2 and have had for many years. In regard to KETO: My wife and myself have been 22 years on KETO, if managed correctly, it's great diet. I avoid non plant based carbs like the plague. There are essential fats, essential proteins but NO essential carbs that the body needs from our choice of foods. We need glucose mail for our brain and thyroid but guess what? you body makes it! Our plate is always 80% Veg.

Carbs such as cakes, pastries, flour, pasta, some rices, breads, etc (btw for D2 suffers, look at the affects of amylopectin A from wheat on blood sugar) are not necessary. We complement KETO with the 16/8 diet as humans invented 3/4 meals per day, not nature. (not suitable for certain types). Remember, eat it only if it is a 'Plant' NOT if it made in a "PLANT"

Anyway, time and time again these foods etc are repeated regularly. My advice is start a food diary: eat large amount of cruciferous veg (alway cut at least 20 mins before cooking) Look up sulfroraphene) and add anything for the list below. Do not eat red meat at this time and eliminate external sugars totally from your diet (bacteria and cancer love sugar, helps them spread).
Eat blueberries to replace the sweet feeling daily (a great antioxidant too) daily. Adopt KETO (tell your GP) and use this daily daily to help. By the way I copied this list below from an article which we thought was good......
  1. Epigallocatechin-3-gallate (EGCG)Green Tea

2. 6-Gingerol – Ginger

3. β-Carotene – Carrot, Leafy Greens

4. BaicaleinChinese Skullcap

5. CurcuminTurmeric

6. Cyclopamine – Corn Lilly [we do not suggest consuming this plant; this simply illustrates natural components exist that kill cancer stem cells]

7. Delphinidin – Blueberry, raspberrry

8. Flavonoids (Genistein) – Soy, red clover, coffee (enema)

9. Gossypol – Cottonseed [we do not suggest consuming this plant; this simply illustrates natural components exist that kill cancer stem cells]

10. Guggulsterone – Commiphora (myrrh tree)

11. Isothiocyanates – Cruciferous vegetables

12. Linalool – Mint

13. Lycopene – Grapefruit, tomato

14. Parthenolide – Feverfew

15. Perylill alcohol – Mint, cherry, lavender

16. Piperine – Black pepper

17. Placycodon saponin – Playycodon grandifloruim

18. Psoralidin – Psoralea corylilyfolia

19. Quercetin – Capers, onion

20. Resveratrol – Grapes, plums, berries

21. Salinomycin – Streptomyces albus

22. Silibinin – Milk Thistle

23. Ursolic acid – Thyme, basil, oregano

24. Vitamin D3 – Fish, egg yolk,, cod liver oil (Editor’s note: vegan supplement options are also available)

25. Withafer
Good luck

steve

daisyduck

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Undoubtedly, that's a blow, @daisyduck . I'll be rooting for you.

Have you started your Keto diet yet, or have you been in the deep plotting phase, until now? I have to say, if I were faced with such a diagnosis, I'd be heading keto. In fact, I'd be going Ninja Keto. That's not a "proper" approach. I just mee, I'd be into it big styleeeeee.

Keep coming here, daisy, I'm positive your web chums here will be keen to support you in whatever way they can.

Yes full on Keto for the last few weeks. I'm feeling really well, actually the best I've felt since chemo and radiotherapy last year. Most of the radiotherapy damage pain has gone since I've been on Keto. :)

Last edited:

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
@daisyduck just read your thread - sorry to hear your news. Hope all goes well today and if it can be beaten by a positive attitude you’ve already ‘kicked it into touch’

Reactions: daisyduck and DJC3

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes full on Keto for the last few weeks. I'm feeling really well, actually the best I've felt since chemo and radiotherapy last year. Most of the radiotherapy damage pain has gone since I've been on Keto. :)

I'm really glad you're feeling so well on it. Like everything else, not everyone can cope with it, with everything else that's going on, but great you can.

A few tears ago we had a lady diagnosed whilst doing the Newcastle Diet and stuck with it through her treatment. If I recall, her concession to her bodily assault from the surgery, and follow up treatments was ro add a bit of chicken breast, to enhance healing.

She popped back not so long ago is continues to do really well, having reversed her condition and stayed very trim.

Best of vibes to you from me. I'm sure we're all rooting for you.

daisyduck

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Back from my appointments today. Saw the surgeon this morning and the oncologist this afternoon.
I've been advised that the massive surgery is the only chance of a cure and that chemo would be merely palliative.
Both doctors were very negative about diet and said that there is no proven evidence that it helps!

Reactions: Freema