What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Oh Alf I was standing in the kitchen after I posted and thought “ oh my god WHY did I post that!!!! “ I think the Americans call it TMI

As Ianspurs said it was a good posting and having a wife who had breast cancer I fully understand the importance of the screening ( screaming ).
But I also saw an opportunity for a little misplaced humour hehehehe

Good luck to all you ladies and may the plates be warm.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I must be the odd one out (there's always one), my bg this morning is 5.8 and I'm 48 hours(ish) into my fast.

I'm in a right cranky mood this morning :wacky:;)

Hi @HarrisonK, you may already know this stuff but here is what I do during a fast to keep in the right mood.
Evening - a glass of water 20 minutes before bed with a quarter teaspoon of Cream of Tartar and a tablespoon of Apple Cider Vinegar. This adds potassium and may help lower blood sugars and cut out any liver dump during the night.

Green tea during the day - I use Tulsi holy basil tea but green tea is good. I just put a teaspoon into an old tea ball and drop it into a mug of boiling water - sip throughout the day - or make a flask up.
Coffee - good strong black kofee - I make mine in a cafetie cos I am old fashioned but still very posh. I have one only and at mid morning.

To keep up all those salts that you need during a fast then here is a recipe for a drink that will use the minerals from your last meal and keep up levels of potassium, magnesium and salt balance:
About 300ml water - from the tap is as good as anywhere.
Add the following;
2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
Quarter to half teaspoon cream of tartar - massive amounts of potassium
Half a teaspoon sea salt for minerals and cell water balance or better still pink Himalayan salt as it has more minerals in it
Juice of 1 lime - but only if you are intermittent fasting as it would break a long fast.

Oh, a good way to break a fast is scrambled egg with raw baby spinach folded in and an anchovies melted in if you can stand it.

Good luck.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

Really helpful post @dunelm. I have to ask, what is BFT as all I can fin is battle field tanko_O
OK, BFT is the army Basic Fitness Test.
From my time it was 1.5 miles in 15 minutes followed by 1.5 miles best time you can but under 11 minutes but you can just do 3 miles of fast walking as long as it increases your heart rate (read get a good sweat on).
I also do HITT sprints - walk to warm up, sprint to exhaustion, walk to full recovery however long that is, repeat 4 or 5 times and then stagger home. Luckily there is a park but 5 minutes walk away.
Today it is:
10 minutes HITT in the house - done that.
Now off into town for supplies - my route is 1.6 miles both ways.
Will have 30 minutes sauna when I get home.

Reactions: Cumberland

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Thanks that explains very clearly. Sauna at home very nice!

Sum peoples is very posh, what wif sauna's at home and swimming pools. I feel out of my league here. All I have is pot holes for swimming pools and as for a sauna if I need to raise a sweat I run for a corporation bus.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Sum peoples is very posh, what wif sauna's at home and swimming pools. I feel out of my league here. All I have is pot holes for swimming pools and as for a sauna if I need to raise a sweat I run for a corporation bus.
Methinks the man doth protest too much. I feel a strange sensation as if my leg is being yanked hard:***:

Mick1959

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Afternoon everybody, I think I am put together in the most peculiar way, or perhaps my many years in the navy have made my body this way!

This morning, I awake to a BG of 6.4, yet I have a lunch with an old friend in a Turkish restaurant, lamb shish kebabs on skewers with a salad, a 330ml Efes beer to drink, and for a sin, a 2 spoonfuls of his Baklava with ice cream.

We then had a leisurely stroll for 20 minutes to rain station.

I measured my BG 2 hours later, expecting to see a massive spike due to the beer and Baklava, but a major shock, my BG was 5.9!!!

I have no idea what I did right or wrong..! :banghead:

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
hope your feeling more energetic now kathleen youve got your holiday to look forward to soon also meant to say leg is looking brilliant xx
Hi@karen8967 Not so bad this afternoon me and hubby been out for lunch and a bit of shopping,I'm my own worst enemy I take on every family members problems to try and help then burn myself out till I'm shattered.
And yes I'm more pleased with how the crater is looking hopefully it will be ok in the sun with factor 50 suncream on it,but taking long trousers lightweight ones just in case I need to cover up. So looking forward to just chilling both of us!
Not too long from your sons wedding when you too can chill and enjoy it all! K

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi@karen8967 Not so bad this afternoon me and hubby been out for lunch and a bit of shopping,I'm my own worst enemy I take on every family members problems to try and help then burn myself out till I'm shattered.
And yes I'm more pleased with how the crater is looking hopefully it will be ok in the sun with factor 50 suncream on it,but taking long trousers lightweight ones just in case I need to cover up. So looking forward to just chilling both of us!
Not too long from your sons wedding when you too can chill and enjoy it all! K
I know its coming round fast now k. You need to take more time for yourself your no good to anyone if you burn yourself out let someone else do the running round and you and hubby do your own thing take it easy and recharge your batteries xx

Reactions: Cumberland

johnpol

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Evening/Morning everyone a rather bad 9.1 when I finally dragged myself from my slumber, it seems I might like nights but my body doesn't!!!! was fine most of the night then my BS would not go below 10 until at around 4am then it went back to normal, well my sort of normal.

Enjoy your night everyone