The Fabulous Fasters Group Fast April 2018

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Howdy Folks....

Ok so broke the fast after 110 hrs with Halloumi cheese chips in butter (first time and loved them) with italian cold meats and smoked cheese and macadamia nuts..3g carbs total

data as follows:

0901hrs BG: 3.9
0925hrs Ketones: 5.0
1400hrs Break Fast
1526hrs BG: 4.1
1652 hrs BG: 5.1
1815hrs BG: 4.6
1830 hrs Ketones 4.3

Im off out to a Hog Roast and no doubt overeat, I will try and stay off the carbs but I love apple sauce ha ha ha. Im happy with those figures and hopefully I can stay away from desert tonight.......

Chat later folks......
Excellent numbers and I am clearly missing out on Halloumi chips as I adore Halloumi

rab5

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
My Diabetic nurse
Bit spooky as I had them last night too.. great minds eh @rab5 ?
I never heard of them until Bulbiker mentioned them.... I love them

If I have got anything from this fast its Halloumi chips!!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: rom35

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
FBG this morning 6.3
so still a little elevated but on the way down phew!
Ketones at 1.6
weight 210.6 pounds so up a bit but ate lunch out yesterday and had oppo and cream for pud last night so hardly surprising.

rab5

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
My Diabetic nurse
FBG (6hrs) 5.0
Keytones 2.2
Weight 12st 2
Happy with that after snacking until about 0100hrs on macadamias and cups of tea (which i think spike me a bit)

Off to play golf!!

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all.

Interesting @bulkbiker about the spike after relatively few carbs. I had an unexpected experiment involving a large slice of Victoria sponge yesterday (very long story involving my elderly dad and some very old family friends). Shot up from 4.2 to 9.3!! Was back at 4.6 after dinner and that was my FBG this morning too. Ketones are slightly up at 3.1, compared to 2.8 the morning after ending the fast.

Dropped 1.4kg during the fast and have regained 0.3kg. Happy with that.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
FBG 4.6 and average of 3 readings after ending fast yesterday 4.6. Weight at 11ST 7.4 pounds. I did eat less yesterday after breaking fast and ensured I had 30+ gms of fibre to give a wider cleanup. Like rab5 Halloumi chips would have made this worthwhile without any other gains.

Last edited:

FantomPoet

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thank you all for sharing your experiences. I have been inspired to give a multi day fast a go as of end of play today. I have managed to get a CareSens Ketone meter for free from Spirit Healthcare thanks to this thread (@bulkbiker post). I have also stocked up on some Green Tea something I have not used for many years.

One question I have, did any of you Ninja's take any BP readings whilst you did this fast?

Thank you all again it has inspired some drive into getting back into Ketosis (was LCHF but have drifted off the path)

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you all for sharing your experiences. I have been inspired to give a multi day fast a go as of end of play today. I have managed to get a CareSens Ketone meter for free from Spirit Healthcare thanks to this thread (@bulkbiker post). I have also stocked up on some Green Tea something I have not used for many years.

One question I have, did any of you Ninja's take any BP readings whilst you did this fast?

Thank you all again it has inspired some drive into getting back into Ketosis (was LCHF but have drifted off the path)
Oh ****** that was something I could have done with my home surgery kit! Next one in May will do that too..

Moderator edit to remove swearing

Last edited by a moderator:

rab5

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
My Diabetic nurse
I have had stomach cramps and the poos all afternoon.... its playing havoc with my BG. The hog roast last night was maybe more than I could deal with. Just popped some imodium.... feel like S**t.

Any sympathy freely accepted lmao

Reactions: Freema

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I have had stomach cramps and the poos all afternoon.... its playing havoc with my BG. The hog roast last night was maybe more than I could deal with. Just popped some imodium.... feel like S**t.

Big hug from me... not sure imodium is a good idea though.. was it low carb?

rab5

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
My Diabetic nurse
It may not be working :(

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
It may not be working :(
Ouch.. hope it clears up maybe your choice of the hog roast so soon after fasting wasn't the best idea?
I had a bit of a overfeed today at mothers 92 birthday. I ate keto but maybe a little too much (is that even possible!) slightly full at the moment.

Reactions: ianpspurs and rab5

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Just woke up to a FBG of 6.1 so on the way down but it was preceded by a 3 am wake up by the hound who needed a poo thanks to my dear niece feeding him beefburger yesterday! Just as the torrential rain started as well.
Weight up a couple of pounds to but that's probably food in transit.. TMI?

Reactions: rom35 and ianpspurs

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Weight up a couple of pounds to but that's probably food in transit.. TMI?
I would opine that to be useful this debrief needs to be warts and all so not TMI. @Mbaker is this not a perfect opportunity for Black Box Thinking? Thanks for the heads up on that btw

Last edited:

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Hi @rab5

Some people report this when coming off an extended fast - and the longer the fast, the more they get the symptoms. Maybe you are someone who just needs to reintroduce food very gently.

There is something called Refeeding Syndrome, which is to do with electrolytes, and getting the body back up to speed after a fast.
I am not suggesting that this shortish fast and your symptoms put you at risk, but I do think people need to be aware that some people have experienced problems when refeeding, and that there are sensible, common sense precautions we can all take to eliminate those risks.

This link will explain better than I can:
https://www.dietdoctor.com/fasting-and-re-feeding-syndrome

rab5

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
My Diabetic nurse
Ouch.. hope it clears up maybe your choice of the hog roast so soon after fasting wasn't the best idea?
I had a bit of a overfeed today at mothers 92 birthday. I ate keto but maybe a little too much (is that even possible!) slightly full at the moment.

I think the pig did me in. Still suffering but staying on my feet and winning in points.

Sick imposed 24 hrs fast I don’t feel like eating but sipping water. Hopefully get something later

FBG 4.4
Keytones 2.8

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I think the pig did me in. Still suffering but staying on my feet and winning in points.

Sick imposed 24 hrs fast I don’t feel like eating but sipping water. Hopefully get something later

FBG 4.4
Keytones 2.8
Good luck!