1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

The Fabulous Fasters Group Fast April 2018

Discussion in 'Fasting' started by bulkbiker, Apr 23, 2018.

1. Mbaker

Mbaker Type 2 (in remission!) · Well-Known Member

Work got in the way of me seeing your great results. Although your numbers may go up after this, you are training your body to go lower.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. ianpspurs

ianpspurs Type 2 · Master

Thanks and of course work must take priority

3. Mbaker

Mbaker Type 2 (in remission!) · Well-Known Member

What a trroper. I am so glad I am sitting in a restaurant reading your post, having order baby back ribs, salmon, mushrooms and some vegatables. The thought of the hog roast has me salivating. Well done on your fast.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. bulkbiker

bulkbiker Type 2 · Oracle

Just to keep on updating
    Bloods have come back down to usual level FBG today 6.1
    But all readings after that have been in the low 5's with a 5.0 before bed with ketones at 0.5
    I'm trying to up my fats a bit this week after the fast. About half the weight has come back so still down about 4 pounds but again some of that may well be food in transit as it takes a while to get my digestive system back on track after a fast.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  5. rab5

rab5 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

So I fasted for 4 days and 12 hrs
    starting weight was 12st 6lbs
    BMI 24.3....

1 week and 1 day after my numbers are as follows:
    Weight: 12st 2 lbs
    BMI 23.7

I managed to lose and maintain a 4lb loss which is a miracle. The past 2 days I was away with her indoors for her birthday and went mad with food and deserts which included Custard, apple crumble and ice cream and creme brulee with oat biscuit. I should not have done it but I did.... forgive me for I have sinned. My blood sugars rose and stayed there for 48 hrs. (that wont happen again)

I also did not finish my fast with a well thought out return to proper food after attending a hog roast dinner and overeating.

I am knocked out of ketosis with two measurements of 0.7 including today but my BG has been:
    0922hrs: 5.2
    1156hrs: 4.9
    So the numbers are good.

If I am honest with myself I was probably using the fast because I knew that my weekend was going to be a food mess lol (thats my excuse and Im sticking to it)

I am looking forward to getting back on the horse and doing the May Fast in the coming weeks

onwards and upwards

• Like Like x 4
  6. Goonergal

Goonergal Type 2 · Moderator
    Staff Member

Morning all. Posting a few stats and reflections a week on.

Weighed this morning and have put 1.2kg of the 1.4kgs lost back on. However, my body measurements are all exactly the same so have kept the cms off.

Ketones are down to 0.6, which is the lowest they’ve been for a while. Today’s FBG is 5.9 - higher than in a long time.

This was a first so difficult to draw conclusions, especially as I’ve been out of sorts this week - very unwell on Monday, with blood pressure going pretty low and struggling with hunger/eating a bit too much the rest of the week. Whether any of that is related to the fasting is unknown, but it is leaving me doubting whether the longer stuff is for me. Think I will give the May one a whirl as that will hopefully provide more clues as to whether this week’s events are just a coincidence.

• Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 3
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook