Uk night owl

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
patronising people an those who lie.
Ron needs something to help him sleep. Awake at 3 am. Having naps in the afternoon means going to bed late he then just lays there till he falls asleep. If he falls asleep. Sometimes he's been up just after midnight and just lays in his recliner chair . He has pain all over and no amount of painkillers are helping .

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
This is going to be a long night . Everytime Ron tries to nod off his body starts jerking / spasms . I've only been in bed half an hour and it's been none stop. Ron's been in bed 3.5 hours and it's not stopped . He's now sat in his recliner chair. I've asked if he wants Rolling pin.

Reactions: jay hay-char

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Here we go again.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I was up but been catching up on other forum's notifications.

Now my gurgling tummy has settled down I will return to bed.
(took PPI which has helped) , might need to ask for a one before bed as getting regular digestive problems in bed on a night. Although lansoprozol is suppose to be 24hr cover, I thought?
GERD now IBS .. what next?
Mine seems to be working its way down through my system. Argh!!

Has Ron re-settled @tina_marie?

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
He got up and sat in his recliner chair. Everytime he tried to sleep spasms started.

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Baclofen which has replaced amatryptyline.

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Ron won't be sleeping yet again. He's in alot of pain with his hips .

db89

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Night owl for tonight and tomorrow night checking in whilst I watch the F1 coverage from China :)

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
Third night in a row awake with the pain. Not sure how much longer I can stand it. I am exhausted.

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Third night in a row awake with the pain. Not sure how much longer I can stand it. I am exhausted.
Ron's awake to . With alot of pain. He's sat in his recliner . Not been able to sleep properly for months.

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Ron's awake to . With alot of pain. He's sat in his recliner . Not been able to sleep properly for months.

It saps you of all energy, makes you fit for nowt. Poor Ron.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Oh no. Bad sleep back, it seems. I've had a run of good sleep (must have been anaemia).

I'm off back to bed now thrush cream has kicked in. Bg is 5.5 so surprised.

I'm delighted I'm running on no basal insulin at mo.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Perhaps an approach where you talk about how helpful the tabs were and ask if there is something similar that does not add weight gain. Maybe there is something else out there. And remind them that Rx ended
He repeated them. No questions asked. Very surprised but I did say on entering the room that they are taking away my numb baby toe and helping with balance.

I'm awake through the night AGAIN (awake since 3.50am BMT) . Cold symptoms but hot body. Little one is on antibiotics for scarlet fever and I have a sore throat. However everyone was mowing their lawns yesterday. A summer day here for a change.
I bought loungers and as predicted the kids think they are toys. Especially 5yr old who is back to his mischievous self.
I'm hoping I have hay fever and not throat infection from little one.

I will call chemist today to see if I can take antihistamines with all my meds.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Ron needs something to help him sleep. Awake at 3 am. Having naps in the afternoon means going to bed late he then just lays there till he falls asleep. If he falls asleep. Sometimes he's been up just after midnight and just lays in his recliner chair . He has pain all over and no amount of painkillers are helping .
Is he sleeping better on pregabalin??

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Is he sleeping better on pregabalin??
Nope . As we've found out with Ron's meds unless he's on the highest strength possible it doesn't work. Then again that doesn't always work either.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Nope . As we've found out with Ron's meds unless he's on the highest strength possible it doesn't work. Then again that doesn't always work either.
What have they increased it too?

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
What have they increased it too?
At the moment nothing , although the nurse at pain clinic said about increasing the strength. We have to wait for her to write a letter gp to get them increased . We have to wait two weeks for this to happen , yet if like last time we ended up making an appointment with gp as no letter from clinic was sent to them. By the time all this happens Ron would have been to Derby royal .

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
At the moment nothing , although the nurse at pain clinic said about increasing the strength. We have to wait for her to write a letter gp to get them increased . We have to wait two weeks for this to happen , yet if like last time we ended up making an appointment with gp as no letter from clinic was sent to them. By the time all this happens Ron would have been to Derby royal .
I'm having to book gp appointment AGAIN. I'm in excruciating pain when trying to walk. Tramadol isn't working, again. I need something else. Also I'm white as a sheet. Slept most of the day in bed with lergies from scarlet fever boy.
I think stomach problem is back too.
Bgs mostly in double figures... no matter how much insulin.
At dieticians this week. Hoping OK by then. Hoping to see gp Tuesday or Wednesday for a change in painkillers and for him to check stomach problem. He saw little one so I'll ask if all related.
I'm going to have to taxi it there and back. :(
We didn't go swimming due to lack of taxi fare. I just cannot walk right now. I feel like buying a wheelchair and wheeling myself.

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I'm having to book gp appointment AGAIN. I'm in excruciating pain when trying to walk. Tramadol isn't working, again. I need something else. Also I'm white as a sheet. Slept most of the day in bed with lergies from scarlet fever boy.
I think stomach problem is back too.
Bgs mostly in double figures... no matter how much insulin.
At dieticians this week. Hoping OK by then. Hoping to see gp Tuesday or Wednesday for a change in painkillers and for him to check stomach problem. He saw little one so I'll ask if all related.
I'm going to have to taxi it there and back. :(
We didn't go swimming due to lack of taxi fare. I just cannot walk right now. I feel like buying a wheelchair and wheeling myself.

Beleive me, using your arms to propel yourself in a manual wheelchair is a lot harder than it looks. It causes pain in the arms, the shoulders and the spine. I no longer attempt it, I absolutely loathe manual wheelchairs.

Reactions: tina_marie