Sharing inspirational photos after LCHF anyone?

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good idea

I'll do that now Shelley, but please do shout if you're not keen on how it ends up. There is zero wrong with your post, so I would hate to detract from it in anyway.

Last edited:

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Looking good, BB, but that kitchen is looking waaaaaaaay too tidy! Are all your countertop gubbins around the corner, behind you?

I'm glad the dog situation was clarfied. I though the one in the first had grown abut and had a perm in the time between pic!

I'm easily fooled.
I'm not allowed countertop gubbins... he who must be obeyed says they all have to be put away in the cupboard apart from the knife block and the nepresso machine!

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I'll do that now Shelley, but polease do shout if you're not keen on how it ends up. There is zero wrong with your post, so I would hate to detract from it in anyway.
NO worries important to give heads up

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
It has a "matching" purple velvet brother across from it...

Wowsers! That's it, I'm getting rid of the magnolia walls and buying a couple of statement sofas.

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
Haha! I thought that image looked familiar! What an upsetting thought. That will definitely inspire me to keep heading in the right direction.

Keep it up and you'll be giving Mr. Darcy a run for his money!

Reactions: AdamJames

kaybee327

I'm actually feeling pretty fit these days in spite of being technically obese, but these hiking trips I've started doing at the weekends are not helping my blood sugars at all! It's still a work in progress to 'eat right' during and after them - my appetite goes through the roof. I really thought I'd cracked it this weekend, but then right at the end, after doing a bit of cycling in a lovely quiet Welsh valley, it was so hot that I popped into a pub for a cold non-alcoholic drink, and a lovely woman visiting from Dallas, Texas(!) for the day joined me at my table - that kind of thing "never happens to me" as they say, so I gave in to my hormones and we spent the evening drinking alcohol and chatting. It was lovely, and got even better when we realised there had been a wedding in the village and we found ourselves sitting in amongst musicians who were entertaining the locals - they were brilliant, too. So it was a night of drunken revelry - I've avoided alcohol for months because it makes my appetite go crazy, and sure enough today, the "morning after" is proving challenging.

But I am determined to crack this! It's just surprising how much worse things have got bg wise since being more active at weekends.

Lucky you :arghh::arghh::arghh: bet it was Lucy Ewing

AdamJames

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Lucky you :arghh::arghh::arghh: bet it was Lucy Ewing

I suppose it was very lucky to randomly pop into a pub in the middle of nowhere and have such a nice time. Also very frustrating - she talked my language, i.e. she was getting up very early the next day to catch the sunrise on Snowdon. I'd love to find someone like that, but she'll already be out of the country by now :(

Mind you, I offered to go up Snowdon with her because she wasn't sure of the various routes, but then she told me she would be running up it, so we probably weren't exactly compatible as outdoor partners!

Sue192

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm speechless. What absolutely splendid afters after the befores! A BIG well done to everyone who has posted their pics (I refuse to get interior decorator jealousy from @bulkbiker's abode ;)) - you all look gorgeous! I am in full agreement with the English gent pose, @AdamJames - a chap should always have a pipe when one is partaking of a stroll up a mountain. I do have a quibble with the lack of plus-fours, woolly socks, hobnail boots and a cricket jumper.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
What a MARVELLOUS thread!!!

Congratulations to you all.

Inspirational.

Reactions: Debandez

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
Have just realised that I look a bit like @Goonergal

Also re the copyright, I work for a publishing co, so technically all my writing belongs to them. This could get messy!

Well done everyone on the amazing changes health and appearance wise.

Reactions: Debandez

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
A4BD2915-4154-4291-B45F-FF66DA41E1C4.jpeg
In accordance with @urbanracer ’s privacy and security warning, I’ve anonymised my pictures! Plus I’m shy!:shy::oops:

AdamJames

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I am in full agreement with the English gent pose, @AdamJames - a chap should always have a pipe when one is partaking of a stroll up a mountain. I do have a quibble with the lack of plus-fours, woolly socks, hobnail boots and a cricket jumper.

I'll see what I can do next time. I was being boiled alive by the heat that day so I'm not sure I'd survive the woolly socks and the cricket jumper, but I'm happy to die for such a noble cause!