MAY Fast 2018..... names please!!

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Ok just so everyone knows we're going to start the next group fast the week starting Monday 21 May (I'll be having my last meal sunday night).

As a quick disclaimer if you feel odd and extremely hungry and you're new to this then please eat something. Its not good to over stress when fasting. Also make sure you keep hydrated and maybe have some extra salt.
I'll start a new thread for the actual fast when I get back from the PHC conference on 21st May with a hopefully suitably witty title!

I'll try and tag everyone who has said on this thread that thy want to join in. So if you want to join and haven;t said so yet then add names to this thread.

BB and @rab5 - Would it be worthwhile appending thisand any other "conditions"/relevant/safety info to the first post, to ensure max visibility?

If needs be, I can help with the C&P edit.

That's not an instruction, but more a suggestion. :)

rab5

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
My Diabetic nurse
All I know this evening (I'm very tired) is that I was referring to liver dumps and suggesting that maybe was why @jasmindesylva saw those levels after her fast. I don't think it had anything to do with GNG. However, it is all immaterial now.

I think you were 100% right on that

:)

Reactions: Bluetit1802

rab5

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
My Diabetic nurse
BB and @rab5 - Would it be worthwhile appending thisand any other "conditions"/relevant/safety info to the first post, to ensure max visibility?

sounds like a plan...

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Yes fine by me or shall I just add it at the start of the actual fast thread maybe?

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I'll C&P, @bulkbiker 's post into the first post, but of there's anything else you want in there that you're not able to worrk out how to do it, ask a Mod

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes fine by me or shall I just add it at the start of the actual fast thread maybe?

Which thread would that be? I have no issue wher it goes. I just felt it'd be nice to have some safety stuff on there, so that anyone struggling knows they're not breaking the rules, or letting anyone down.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Which thread would that be? I have no issue wher it goes. I just felt it'd be nice to have some safety stuff on there, so that anyone struggling knows they're not breaking the rules, or letting anyone down.
I'm going to start a new one on 21st May when we start the fast but yes please put it at the start of this one as well.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm going to start a new one on 21st May when we start the fast but yes please put it at the start of this one as well.

Ah. I thought I'd missed it somehow.

I'll drop it onto this one too. Too much 'elfin safety rarely goes amiss.

Last edited:

vanillapie

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I tend to do 23:1 fasts most days of the week, am I eligible to join? :)

Reactions: rab5

lindijanice

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I'm in for trying a 20hour fast with 4 hour window to eat. Going to have a bullet coffee in the a.m. due to taking meds so hope that will still qualify:) Here's to Folksy Fasters!! Cheers/L

You realize I have to give up the birthday cake as we celebrate Queen Vic's day here in Canada!! Do you all celebrate it too??!

jasmindesylva

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I understand hypoglycaemic, what is reading for a type 2 diabetic to be classed as hypo?

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I understand hypoglycaemic, what is reading for a type 2 diabetic to be classed as hypo?
The classic definition is lower than 4 mmol/l although these days I can go lower without any odd feelings when fasting although i can probably predict that it will be on the third fasting day.

rab5

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
My Diabetic nurse
I have read that anything below 4.0 is a hypo. I just checked mine now at 3.7. It has made no difference to me I have been fasting for 20 hrs

jasmindesylva

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thank you both. I’m guessing since I have been low carb and sugar free for just under 3 weeks, 5.2 is good after a 20 hour fast?

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you both. I’m guessing since I have been low carb and sugar free for just under 3 weeks, 5.2 is good after a 20 hour fast?
yep 5.2 is a completely normal BG level and lots of the "normals" will have that kind of level.