MAY Fast 2018..... names please!!

rab5

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
My Diabetic nurse
No I was over doing it at the weekend. Not carbs but loads of protein and fat. Ridiculous really. Experimenting to see what happens. So decided on a 24 hr reset lol

I’m actually looking forward to our next fast. But I need to work on refeeding afterwards as I think I have been a disaster on that effort.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Also, how am I supposed to know what levels I should be targeting?
My aim is when eating normally.. to be between 4.0 (rare for me) and 6.0. I have occasional excursions over 6 sometimes but try to keep them lower.

This is my graph of 2018 readings. Usually 3-4 per day

Screen Shot 2018-05-14 at 16.29.18.png

The very low dip was when fasting the April fast that we did on the site. The 7's were the day after I broke the fast and went out for lunch for my mums birthday when something (I'm still not sure exactly what it was) caused a spike.

rab5

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
My Diabetic nurse
My aim is when eating normally.. to be between 4.0 (rare for me) and 6.0. I have occasional excursions over 6 sometimes but try to keep them lower.

View attachment 26563

The very low dip was when fasting the April fast that we did on the site. The 7's were the day after I broke the fast and went out for lunch for my mums birthday when something (I'm still not sure exactly what it was) caused a spike.

What software is that graph from?
Please

jasmindesylva

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

View attachment 26563

Thank you. That is very helpful indeed.

rom35

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
So we will start this Sunday after dinner, are we?

Reactions: rab5

rab5

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
My Diabetic nurse
that when I intend to start yes.. having dinner with some friends then a week of no food...
A week .......oooooh!
That sounds like a challenge.... is that a full 7 days?

FantomPoet

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@jasmindesylva If it's any help I am 60 hours into a (practise) fast and I am also sat at 5.2 this morning. My Ketones are not yet awake as only 0.8. It took nearly 5 days before they stuck their heads above the parapet last time. At that point I was just into the 4's. At that point I grinned and headed for a steak ;-)

Last edited:

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I am not doing any extended fasting. I have no weight to lose and my levels are fine. I don't eat food from dinner to next lunch, which is 18hours, every day. I was always around 5.2 before lunch until a few weeks ago when I suddenly notched down and am now around 4.6 to 4.9. Today, an all time record of 3.9.. It's been a long time coming! I've been doing this 18/6 fast for 17 months!

rab5

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
My Diabetic nurse
I am not doing any extended fasting. I have no weight to lose and my levels are fine. I don't eat food from dinner to next lunch, which is 18hours, every day. I was always around 5.2 before lunch until a few weeks ago when I suddenly notched down and am now around 4.6 to 4.9. Today, an all time record of 3.9.. It's been a long time coming! I've been doing this 18/6 fast for 17 months!

Result!

Reactions: Bluetit1802

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all. I am gracefully bowing out of this one. Have been feeling out of sorts with episodes of low blood pressure, strange appetite patterns for a couple of weeks (reluctantly off to the docs tomorrow) so think it best to wait until I’m back on an even keel before attempting a longer fast. Will be following you all with interest and intend to join in another time.

Reactions: rab5

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all. I am gracefully bowing out of this one. Have been feeling out of sorts with episodes of low blood pressure, strange appetite patterns for a couple of weeks (reluctantly off to the docs tomorrow) so think it best to wait until I’m back on an even keel before attempting a longer fast. Will be following you all with interest and intend to join in another time.
No worries.. sounds like a very sensible plan. Hope you find out what's up quickly. Get well soon.. we'll miss ya!