What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Stemar

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
How are you all feeling this morning, as good, as one can expect to be with this condition, I hope?

Hi Everyone,
My BGL's this morning were 8:1 at around 07.15 hrs, which they have been the last 3 days, and I'm good with this, as it's better than being in the 10's and 12's as they have been lately, so hopefully they are on the way down but just having a rest here, HaHaHa!!!

Stemar

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
How are you all feeling this morning, as good, as one can expect to be with this condition, I hope?

Hi Everyone,
My BGL's this morning were 8:1 at around 07.15 hrs, which they have been the last 3 days, and I'm good with this as it's better than being in the 10's and 12's as they have been lately, so hopefully they are on the way down but just having a rest here, HaHaHa!!!

Last edited:

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello all. Blood sugars were 4.6 this morning.

@JMcB -- Great that your blood sugars are coming down. It's still early days, but if you continue low carbing things should settle in time. My fasting blood sugars were still high (sometimes up to 9 mmol) for at least half a year after diagnosis, even though my HbA1c had dropped into the normal range. Don't worry too much.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all 4.4 for me this morning higher than last time I fasted but I was not 100% going into the fast so I'll never know what might have been. @Goonergal enjoy the cricket - the quiet should make it feel like The Library use to :angelic: @ziggy_w good numbers and sensible advice for @JMcB. Today looks good but how I will get through tomorrow will be interesting. A Wedding I have no interest in and a cup final where I want both teams to lose :banghead:

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
8.3 at 5:20. Ate nothing but meat eggs and cheese yesterday. 2 HB eggs for breakfast. Hamburger and cheddar for lunch. Pork chop for dinner. No carbs at all. Even downed apple cider vinegar before bed. What is going on? Thinking I should take metformin again. Was doing great and it’s all whack now. So confused and depressed. If I fast my BG goes up! Ugh.
My higher readings sometimes reflect 48 hours previous. What did you have the day before?

johnpol

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
7.9 this morning, I will take that as had a hypo last night at 02:30 a 2.1, so treated it with some Lucozade. Even had some supper after training and run a 60% temp basal, I give up. And why is it that when I get up after a hypo I feel like Mike Tyson has been using my head as a speed ball!!! anyhow enjoy the rest of your Friday every body.

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.2 on this glorious morning.

Slightly up but I got a bit peckish late last night and treated myself to a cup of tea and 2 pieces of 85% dark chocolate. It filled the gap nicely. Never in a million years would I have thought I could just enjoy 2 pieces and put the rest of the bar away for another day!!!

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.2 on this glorious morning.

Slightly up but I got a bit peckish late last night and treated myself to a cup of tea and 2 pieces of 85% dark chocolate. It filled the gap nicely. Never in a million years would I have thought I could just enjoy 2 pieces and put the rest of the bar away for another day!!!
Well done @Debandez. It is a nice, slightly smug , feeling once you reach that point. Some of the old sayings come back to prod me at times - "sufficient unto the day" was one of my grandmother's"

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies, Gentlemen and Startrek fans, may the force be with you.
A 5.9 from me this morning.
Today is going to be fun I plan to wash the lawns and trim the bike. Do Duracell do batteries for the wife's car ? She had a session wif mister RAC man yesterday......
Kneed koffy strong koffy.

Last edited: