What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and all who will miss today's festivities.

A 7.7 for me this morning, last night's road kill BBQ and reduced insulin dosage worked.

Enjoy today folks, if I was very brave I would take the fuse out of the TV plug telling Mrs J that it was broken and suggest she mows the lawns this morning......

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
6.8 today. More house viewings planned for this afternoon, which is irritating as I wanted to watch the wedding. Instead I’ll be cleaning like mad again but if I put enough elbow grease in, it might do my bg a bit of good ( and offset the stress). Have a lovely day all.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
6.8 today. More house viewings planned for this afternoon, which is irritating as I wanted to watch the wedding.
I will think of you @DJC3 in between the hot tub, barbeque, dipping into something like minimum 12 hours sport and trying to perfect pastrami in our new toys. It's a very hard life but I am prepared to take one for the team

Last edited:

rab5

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
My Diabetic nurse
Good Morening Ladies, Gentlemen and Startrek fans, may the force be with you.
A 5.9 from me this morning.
Today is going to be fun I plan to wash the lawns and trim the bike. Do Duracell do batteries for the wife's car ? She had a session wif mister RAC man yesterday......
Kneed koffy strong koffy.

You mean StarWars!

Wash your mouth out lol

Reactions: Mick1959 and Freema

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I will think of you @DJC3 in between the hot tub, barbeque, dipping into something like minimum 12 hours sport and trying to perfect pastrami in our new toys. It's a very hard life but I am prepared to take one for the team

Hot tub and barbeque sound wonderful. Good luck with the pastrami. I’ve just knocked over a pot of cream: it’s gone all over the hob, counter, down the cupboards and floor. I do hope things get better today.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I’ve just knocked over a pot of cream: it’s gone all over the hob, counter, down the cupboards and floor. I do hope things get better today.
Hope the rest of the day goes better for you. I now know Katz deli type pastrami will take me some time to perfect since ideally I will brine my own brisket first, then instant pot it, roll in spices and leave in a fridge for 24 hrs then warm before carving!

Last edited:

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all.

Blood sugars were 4.7 today.

@ianpspurs -- you have my admiration for all the work you put into making your own pastrami.
@ziggy_w I haven't made it yet but my research has told me that will get me best results. I haven't yet been to Katz's in NY so this will have to do in the meantime! Just had a homemade chocolate caramel bar which was brilliant having been left in the fridge a few days while I fasted. Your bg is looking good today - take care

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Good morning everyone. A misty start here which usually means bright sunny day to follow at this time of year. 4.7 for me today.
72 hour fast done with good ending - bg 3.9 and ketones 2.9. Today our firstborn is 32 and is coming to see us with his son so all is good. Hope everyone has a great weekend and can either avoid or watch the wedding/sport as they wish. 2 top rugby union games, the cup final and 2 IPL games and a wedding for lady boys :angelic: Needed to be a Bank Holiday pubs would have had a proper bonanza.
https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Ladyboy

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@ziggy_w I haven't made it yet but my research has told me that will get me best results. I haven't yet been to Katz's in NY so this will have to do in the meantime! Just had a homemade chocolate caramel bar which was brilliant having been left in the fridge a few days while I fasted. Your bg is looking good today - take care

Your chocolate caramel bar sounds great too. Have you posted the recipe in the "What have you eaten today?" thread? If not, would you mind telling me how it's done. Btw, I am in awe of your fasting efforts. Great results.

Reactions: Mick1959