What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

johnpol

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
well what can I say a truly horrific 17.2, yes you read it right, some one who will remain nameless (ME) forgot to turn his pump back on after their bath last night after doing a full set change!! So today will be mostly chasing the rainbow to reduce the numbers and corrective doses all day, and fight the tiredness that I'm already experiencing. oh well everyday is a learning day!

Take care everyone.

Ziggy2017

Type of diabetes
Type 3
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes and injections
Good morning everyone my BG this morning is 4.8 during the night it was 4.9 and before bed my BG was 5.8 was not expecting a good BG after dinner last night as I had wheaten bread and tomato soup with a BG of 7.3 but two hours later I was happy to discover my blood sugar was 4.7 :)

philchap1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
well what can I say a truly horrific 17.2, yes you read it right, some one who will remain nameless (ME) forgot to turn his pump back on after their bath last night after doing a full set change!! So today will be mostly chasing the rainbow to reduce the numbers and corrective doses all day, and fight the tiredness that I'm already experiencing. oh well everyday is a learning day!

Take care everyone.
I leave my pump running when I take it off to bath or shower.

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Snap @SueJB
5.3 early today (5am) didnt need to get up then so back to bed. Just tested again expecting much higher but still only 5.6 so I’m v happy.
@flexi06 I’m really pleased for you - cracking result.
@Goonergal glad your numbers are back where they should be.
Good number isn't it @DJC3 and I agree with you about @flexi06 and @Goonergal Well done everyone who is happy with their number

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather

Take care everyone.
Take care @johnpol, you'll be back to happy numbers soon and also be full of energy.

phdiabetic

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

Take care everyone.

Oh no! Remember to check for ketones! Good luck for the rest of your day :)

philchap1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
so do I usually, must have had a senior moment, and I usually have it on the unit in the bathroom as well, this time left in the bedroom. for some unknown reason genuinely forgot it. Definitely having a senior moment!
Had a shower a few months ago after work, did the blood test, entered the carbs and pressed bolus before food, an hour later went to the bathroom and the pump was still on the window sill lol