What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
For now at least, trouble is my GP views me as T2 and does not get the difference on the other hand the diabetes consultant was quite huffy with me when I described my self as T2 he said no you are drug induced T3E I didn't really see the difference myself till recently thats why I have changed my profile to other now.

I would go with the diabetic consultant, he should have a broader experience base than the GP. If I did not question what my GP's try to prescribe I would be dead. In the end the label is unimportant the treatment is important.

flexi06

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
When do you guys tend to test your fasting sugars? When you wake up, or before the first time you eat? The reason I ask is that I don't eat for at least 6 hours after waking, and the difference between my fbg upon waking and then before I eat for the first time are extremely different.

6.1 today before my first meal.

I test the second I wake before I even get out of bed.:)

flexi06

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone my BG this morning is 4.8 during the night it was 4.9 and before bed my BG was 5.8 was not expecting a good BG after dinner last night as I had wheaten bread and tomato soup with a BG of 7.3 but two hours later I was happy to discover my blood sugar was 4.7 :)

Hey @Ziggy2017, good numbers, how come you test in the night? Are you checking for dawn phenomenon or do u do it every night? If so, why? Thanks sweetie- forgive my nosiness x

Reactions: millenium

Ziggy2017

Type of diabetes
Type 3
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes and injections
Hey @Ziggy2017, good numbers, how come you test in the night? Are you checking for dawn phenomenon or do u do it every night? If so, why? Thanks sweetie- forgive my nosiness x
@flexi06 its no problem I check during the night if I wake up and feel shaky or dizzy because those are sighs of hypos for me.

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all. Wonderful weather, sunny and blue skies. We are expecting close to 30 degrees today.

Blood sugars were 5.1 this morning.

@Goonergal -- I miss posting on the "What have you eaten today?" thread too, especially missing all of you wonderful people on there. This semester, unfortunately, is a bit crazy, sometimes working very long hours. I will get back to posting again soon, though.

@flexi06 and @DJC3 -- Great fasting numbers. Congrats, so happy for both of you.

Have a wonderful weekend, everyone.

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.8 this morning and I'm off to work.

Enjoy the Bank Holiday :)

Edit -
Just realised the importance of 'paying attention'. Above is my waking numbers, I've had no breakfast as yet (just about to) so took my pre-meal figure. It was 6.9 :wideyed: That's a 1.1 increase with nothing but black coffee. So, I washed my hands and retook the test, 5.9. I used a magnesium spray after my shower and aloe gel after my shave, one of those must have left enough of a trace on my skin to affect the readings.

Last edited: