Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

tsouza

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
With so much metmorphin how about your live and kidneys. I was asked to stop all metmorphin which I took during over 10 years due to frequent crises recently of kidney insufficiency. I was put on insulin and have no longer felt the need of metmorphin. You will need to consult you doctor and also go by your experience.

Reactions: ally1

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
86 mg this morning with Libre Freedom Lite strip, but 113 mg as shown by Libre sensor monitor.
I do not know which to believe! Any comments from your experience (if Libre user)?
Strip should be more accurate but not 100% accurate. No strips are so I'd estimate a little higher than 86 but not as high as 113. I think someone said strips have a 15% variant.
I feel depends on which meter and which batch of strips.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
With so much metmorphin how about your live and kidneys. I was asked to stop all metmorphin which I took during over 10 years due to frequent crises recently of kidney insufficiency. I was put on insulin and have no longer felt the need of metmorphin. You will need to consult you doctor and also go by your experience.
Metformin tablets have other benefits but personally my body is constantly weight gaining without mine. Losing now again due to this wonderful med.