Birthday Rolling around....time to reflect....

lindijanice

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hey All! It's getting to be that time of year again and I have done a good bit of reflecting, especially over the past year when I found the Forum, did the Low Carb Eating course offered here, and where I was 4 years ago when I started my weight loss journey to where I am today....I can only say "Amazing" - yes, I am tooting my horn a bit, but recognize that certain books, people groups (THE FORUM), self-evaluation, true honesty with myself have all made it possible for me to be where I am today.....So Kudos to all of you who have listened, encouraged, educated me so well.

Four years ago I weighed 300 pounds. Today I weigh 213 pounds. I didn't quite get to the 90 lbs lost but I am happy with where I am and am confident that by fall/winter - before 2019 - I will reach the 100+ pounds lost....
Wow, I never thought I would disclose to anyone other than the Hubby and my NP my numbers!! It has taken me a while to get where I am, but that is with long term effects of chemotherapy protocols, Fibromyalgia, IBSD, Depression, mis-information about Diabetes, all lugging along with me through my journey!! Lots of baggage:):)

Anyway, today I laugh much more quickly and loudly :), I love harder and more tenderly, I am excited to learn new things everyday, I can play and dance and even jump on the trampoline with my granddaughters - that shocked them when Nana climbed onto the trampoline:):), I am much more aware of life and those around me, I "reach out" more to give a smile, a hug, a word of encouragement, I am more grateful for every day God grants me on this beautiful earth, I sing more, even whistle more....that I think is quite remarkable as I no longer am hiding behind piles of flesh and feeling invisible although I was the biggest person in the room, in the restaurant, in the conference room....self hatred was the mirror I viewed myself through on a daily, no, on a moment by moment basis......

Today, I look in the mirror and I laugh at the baggy skin, the sore legs and arms, the wrinkled face and I honestly love it all - because I have come to realize and revel in the truth - yes, the truth - that I am wondrously and miraculously put together and I am beautiful, if to no one else, I am beautiful to me and isn't that the way it should be? My perception of myself must only be based on me and never anyone else. If you saw me, beautiful may not come to mind, but I am good with that, because I know that this strong, resilient, hard working, imperfect body is mine and mine alone and I love her. Wow, I never thought I would get to the point where I would see me as beautiful and worth loving.....but, finally I have gotten there and what a wonderful way to celebrate my 68th birthday, determined to live the next chapter of my life loving, caring, being kind, tender, to me.

Happy Birthday to us all - may we find our best selves in the coming year. Blessings/L

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
So well said! Congratulations on your all round achievements, especially on your great frame of mind. Long may you continue to be beautiful and loving you for who you are.

Ooh I forgot to say... Happy Birthday and may there be many, many more.

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
What a truly wonderful post. It brought tears to my eyes. Congrats on your journey and a big hug from me.

... and of course happy birthday. Enjoy your special day.

Last edited:

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Amazing uplifting post @lindijanice wow you’ve done amazing to date and with so many health challenges too - definitely time to celebrate both your birthday and your amazing achievements so far. An inspiration for all of us on this forum as we carry on on our personal journeys all at different points working at managing our health conditions. Positivity can be the hardest feeling to achieve as depression and stress often travel alongside ill health so great to hear your bouncy positive thoughts. Please accept a big congratulatory hug from me.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Brilliant results, brilliant post another diabetes superstar. Have a super happy birthday and enjoy your new found vitality and health!

Reactions: lindijanice

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Wow! What a wonderful and inspirational post. Wishing you a very happy birthday, and many, many happy returns. :)

rab5

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
My Diabetic nurse
Your story would brings tears to a pair of glasses! Very well done. Inspirational. Your honesty and love WILL make people want to join and emulate your success. You are a star and people are always drawn to the light
Happy Birthday to you
Happy birthday to you
Happy birthday dear lindijanice
Happy birthday to you
cake