Type 2s: What have you eaten today?

P

pollensa

Share what you've eaten today with the rest of the DCUK community and maybe steal a few ideas for yourself!

Low carb contributions are of course welcomed, but please keep in mind that this is not the low carb diet section, and debates about diet should be kept out of this thread. Happy posting! ;)
Breakie
half grapefruit no sugar, mexican scrambled eggs, asparagus, seed crackers
mint tea

lunch
mixed veggies, red green peppers, pumpkin, onions, celery, aubergine, drizzled with olive oil and garlic
seed crackers

dinner coming up
Steamed Salmon on bed of sliced lemons and coriander, grated cauliflour, mushrooms drizzled with olive oil and rosmary
greek yogurt with 4.2sugars, mallorca you cant find less, sunflower and seasame seeds, few almond and walnuts on top
mint tea

Reactions: heh
P

pollensa

Tea
B: scrambled eggs x 3 on super seeded bread toasted, apple juice.
Tea
L: Turkey salad, strawberries, mullerlight yogurt, tea
Tea
T: Slow cooked gammon in apple juice, vegetable bake, 3 glasses red wine.
May I enquire if you are taking any form of medications? just curious.

Phill 2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Share what you've eaten today with the rest of the DCUK community and maybe steal a few ideas for yourself!

Low carb contributions are of course welcomed, but please keep in mind that this is not the low carb diet section, and debates about diet should be kept out of this thread. Happy posting! ;)
i had 5 rashers of grilled bacon and 2 fried eggs

Been on here a while but never posted.
I have had type 2 diabetes for around 20 years control just got worse as time went on I was up to 9 tablets a day doctor said if we can’t get it under control insulin is the next step. So the wife said again why don’t you try that low carb diet, and again I said no, I just love my carbs, anyway got up one morning and decided to try it big time went from 500 plus carbs a day to 20 or below, then spent the next 3 weeks feeling terrible went to doctors after first week because I felt so bad told him I had started the diet and he seemed pleased he weighed me I I had lost nearly half a stone in less than a week my blood pressure had dropped so he stopped one of my tablets, so I thought just keep at it now how bad I felt, anyway to the point I am now on 3 tablets a day I don’t take any tablets for blood pressure now and at last I’m starting to feel better, blood sugars are normal 5.5 ish and I hope to stop tablets altogether so if you are thinking about doing the low carb just do it but it is not easy at first but you will get there

Reactions: Serena51 and heh

Motherhen2014

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
People shouting while on their phones.
Hi friends well I have had today breakfast two boiled eggs one ryvita that is my regular breakfast now.

Lunch well supposed to be lunch, fish and chips,but only a very few chips and the white fish no fried butter.

But oh dear let myself get talked into treacle sponge and custard.Yes I know I should have turned my hearing aids off.

This evening I had nothing as not being used to such sweet desserts now I have had a bad tummy all afternoon and not felt my usually happy self.
But I have learnt my lesson.

Weight. 16.3

Stemar 2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Apricots In A Tin, a story Follows reason!!!. Yogurt,
Hi friends well I have had today breakfast two boiled eggs one ryvita that is my regular breakfast now.

Lunch well supposed to be lunch, fish and chips,but only a very few chips and the white fish no fried butter.

But oh dear let myself get talked into treacle sponge and custard.Yes I know I should have turned my hearing aids off.

This evening I had nothing as not being used to such sweet desserts now I have had a bad tummy all afternoon and not felt my usually happy self.

Weight. 16.3

Hi Motherhen2014,
I hope your doing as well as you expect to be doing, whilst dealing with this beast of a condition, we're all burdened with!!!

I know we are suppose to watch everything we eat, but if we don't step out of our comfort zone every once and a while, then this whole process becomes boring and puts us in a state of mind of "whats the bloody use." Which in itself can inevitably cause one to sort of give up altogether, so I feel it's okay to reward ourselves every now and again. So I wouldn't go beating yourself up over this one time journey of enjoyment, as I bet you enjoyed it at the time, just maybe not later on.

Stemar 2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Hi Everyone,
I hope your all doing as well as you expect to be doing, whilst dealing with this beast of a condition, we're all burdened with!!!

Well this mornings breakfast consisted of 2 slices of Shortcut Bacon, 1 Egg, Fried in Butter, a slice of Jarlsberg Cheese, on a toasted Wholemeal Roll, with a touch of BBQ Sauce, salt and pepper, then a Hot Cup of Coffee, with Sweeteners.

I don't usually eat Lunch, but today I was at the local club, so I indulged in a T-Bone Steak and Veggies, with a Piece of Apple Crumble and Whipped Cream, then I had a Hot Coffee with Milk and Sweeteners. Then about an hour or so after, I had a Middie of Beer, to top off a good afternoon with a few old mates, I hadn't see for a while, enjoyable for sure but I'll pay tomorrow, but I can cope with That, Ok!!!

Last edited:

heh

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Tea
B: Bacon butty with a thin slice of Edam on sunflower & pumpkin seed bread, milky coffee
Tea
Tea
L: Boiled egg salad, raspberries & mullerlight yogurt.
Tea
Clementine
Nakd bar
T: Sausage casserole (in the slow cooker all day) & a baked sweet potato, coffee.

Stemar 2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Hi Everyone,
I hope your all doing as well as you expect to be doing, whilst dealing with this beast of a condition, we're all burdened with!!!

For Breakfast I had 2 Boiled Eggs, 2 Slices of Soy & Linseed, Low Carb Bread from Helgas Bakeries, followed by a hot cup of Coffee, with Milk and Sweeteners.

I don't eat lunch most days, but if I'm hungry I usually grab something from a Subways, Take Away Store.

For Tea I had Homemade Seafood Soup with Coriander, 2 Slices of Soy & Linseed, Low Carb Bread, followed by, an "Espresso Coffee" called a "Short Black" which was rather nice but very strong, I've never had coffee this way before, I'd recommend it, but not to late at night.

Stemar 2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Hi Everyone,

For breakfast this morning I had 2 Poached Eggs, 2 Slices of Low Carb Bread and a Hot Coffee, with milk and Sweeteners, then a bit later I had a handful of Strawberries and Raspberries and another piece of Dark Almond Chocolate, from Aldi's .

heh

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yesterday
Tea
B: Avocado & poached eggs on 2 sunflower & pumpkin seed bread toasted, milky coffee.
Tea
L: Country veg soup and some pork scratchings, berries & a mullerlight yogurt.
Tea
T: Chicken & prawn saag masala curry with basmati rice, 2 glasses of red wine.
Sugar free jelly.

Stemar 2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Hi Everyone,

For breakfast I had 2 Poached Eggs and 2 Slices of Shortcut Bacon, followed by a Hot Coffee, with Milk and Sweeteners.

Motherhen2014

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes

Weight. 16.3

Had a couple of more bad days and now feel terrible started back today on low carb coffee tastes terrible so does tea, had a mushroom boiled egg topped with cheese baked in a little water but had a real job to eat it, so serves me right I have to go through two weeks of feeling ratty to get back on my plan. So Ihope I have learnt my lesson of going back to the old me.
I am just sick of eggs at the moment so don’t know what I will do maybe give up breakfast altogether for now.

Morning BG. 8.0
After breakfast 8.0 also.

Stemar 2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Had a couple of more bad days and now feel terrible started back today on low carb coffee tastes terrible so does tea, had a mushroom boiled egg topped with cheese baked in a little water but had a real job to eat it, so serves me right I have to go through two weeks of feeling ratty to get back on my plan. So Ihope I have learnt my lesson of going back to the old me.
I am just sick of eggs at the moment so don’t know what I will do maybe give up breakfast altogether for now.

Morning BG. 8.0

Morning BG. 8.0

Hi Motherhen2014,
How are you feeling this morning, or (Night) as good as one can expect to be, with this condition to deal with, I hope?

I'm sorry to hear that after several days, you are still feeling the affects of your Treacle Sponge and Custard, venture into the past and I truly hope you get back on track, in the foreseeable future.

Motherhen2014

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hi Motherhen2014,
How are you feeling this morning, or (Night) as good as one can expect to be, with this condition to deal with, I hope?

I'm sorry to hear that after several days, you are still feeling the affects of your Treacle Sponge and Custard, venture into the past and I truly hope you get back on track, in the foreseeable future.
Thank you for your replies yes back on it today, been very frugal with eating,hopefully a few more days and I will be back to my happy self.
It just shows me how much difference cutting out carbs makes.So glad for this forum keeps me going to. Xx

Reactions: Serena51 and heh

Stemar 2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Hi Everyone,

Well for breakfast this morning I had a Bowl of Porridge and 2 Poached Eggs, on Low Carb Toast, plus a Hot Coffee with Milk and Sweeteners, then about 20 minutes later I had a Mandarin, it was really juicy as they are in season here in Sydney at present, so I make the most of them.

Stemar 2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Hi Everyone,

For Breakfast I had a Bowl of Porridge with a teaspoon of Brown Sugar, followed by 2 Poached Eggs, and 2 Slices of Shortcut Bacon, with 2 Slices of Low Carb Toast with Butter, then I had a Hot Coffee with Milk and Sweeteners. Then about 30 minutes later I had a Manderin as they are very good at present very sweet and juicy.

I don't usually eat Lunch, if I'm hungry I usually go to the local Subway Takeaway, for a Chicken Salad Roll, or an Egg and Lettuce Roll.

For Tea I had 2 Fillets of Red Emperor Fish with a Side Dish of Seafood Salad, and 2 Wholegrain Dinner Rolls with Butter, Followed by a Desert of Strawberries,, Raspberries and Whipped Cream, followed by a Hot Coffee, with Milk and Sweeteners.

heh

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
So far today I've had 2 slices of Burgen toasted with canned tomatoes & dry fried spam lite with a glass of apple juice.
I am just having a few tortilla chips & some low fat hummus.
For tea we are having roast chicken, jersey royal potatoes & sprouts.
Tea & coffee during the day.

Stemar 2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Hi Everyone,

Well today for Breakfast I had 2 Boiled Eggs with Toasted Low Carb Bread, followed by a Hot Coffee, with Milk and Sweeteners, then about 20 minutes later I had a Fresh and Juicy Mandarin

About 15.10 hrs I felt a bit peckish so I had a Seafood Salad Sandwich with Mayonnaise and Tartar Sauce., and a Hot Coffee with Milk and Sweeteners.

For Tea I had 2 Lamb and Herb Rissoles with Mixed Veggies and Mushroom and Garlic Gravy, followed by a Hot Coffee with Milk and Sweeteners.

Then For Supper I had 2 Almond Flour Pancakes with Strawberries and Raspberries and Whipped Cream and a Coffee with Milk and Sweeteners, followed about 01.15 hrs with a Slice of Almond Dark Chocolate from Aldi Supermarket, before Bed.

Stemar 2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Hi Everyone,
I hope your all doing as well as you'd expect to be doing today, whilst dealing with this beast of a condition, we're all burdened with.

For Breakfast today I had 2 Sausages, 1 Egg Fried in Butter, and a Fried Tomato, with 2 Slices of Low Carb Toast, followed by a Hot Coffee, with Milk and Sweeteners.