1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Type 2s: What have you eaten today?

Discussion in 'Type 2 Diabetes' started by Administrator, Apr 20, 2015.

1. heh

heh Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Yesterday
    Tea
    B: 2 slices of Tesco protein bread toasted with AVO & 2 poached eggs, raspberries & Greek yogurt
    Milky coffe
    Tea
    L: Ham & egg salad from Co-op, berries, mullerlight Greek yogurt.
    Tea
    T: Beef burger in brioche bun with a slice of cheese, salad.
    Tea

2. Ian_Laye

Ian_Laye Type 2 (in remission!) · Well-Known Member

B = Freshly brewed coffee with gold top milk.
    L = None
    D = 4 slices of belly pork & a punnet of Strawberries.
    Snacks = Three 16g bags of pork scratchings.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Stemar 2

Stemar 2 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Hi Contralto,
    How are you feeling this morning, or (Night) as good as one can expect to be, with this condition to deal with, I hope?

I appreciate the trouble you've gone too, to provide me with the Medical Information shown above, but unfortunately it is for a different type of medication, to the one I've been taking. The information you've submitted above is for a type of Medication called "TRADJENTA" and the Medication that I'm currently taking is called "Trajentamet" but it is very easy to see how one could make a mistake, as the names are very familiar in both spelling and their sound when spoken. So I want to thank you for both the time and effort you put in to bring this to my attention.

4. Stemar 2

Hi Everyone,
    I hope your all doing as well as you'd expect to be doing, today, whilst dealing with this beast of a condition, we're all burdened with!!!

Breakfast this morning consisted of 2 Boiled Eggs, 2 Slices of Toast with Butter and Creamed Cheese Spread, followed by a Hot Coffee with Milk and Sweeteners.

Lunch consisted of a Hot Coffee, with Milk and Sweeteners, and a Golden Kiwi Fruit, rich in Vitamin "C".

Dinner consisted of Vegetable Soup, Sausages with Mixed Veggies and a Hot Coffee with Milk and Sweeteners.

5. catinahat

catinahat Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Hi @Stemar 2
    The medication Tradjenta is a trade name for Linagliptin
    The meds you are taking Trajentamet consists of two active ingredients
    Linagliptin ( Tradjenta ) and Metformin. So the information @Contralto gave you is correct for your medication Trajentamet
    Hope this is helpful to you

6. Ian_Laye

Ian_Laye Type 2 (in remission!) · Well-Known Member

B = Freshly brewed coffee with gold top milk.
    L = None.
    D = Shared a 1.6kg Duckling with Smokie my Blue Merle Border Collie.
    S= 100g Cheddar & 75g Prosciutto.
    Bottle of Merlot consumed during evening.

7. Debandez

Debandez Type 2 (in remission!) · Well-Known Member

B = cafe breakfast of fried egg 2 bacon and a sausage.

L = coffee with cream

D = hosted a dinner party last night. 3 courses. Tempura battered prawns with a drizzle of sweet chilli sauce!!! Low carb moussaka and salad then 85% chocolate dipped strawberries. 2 glasses of red. Coffee with cream. You really could n

8. Stemar 2

Hi Contralto,
    How are you feeling this morning, or (Night) as good as one can expect to be, with this condition to deal with, I hope?

Sorry to hear your suffering from a long standing Bone Infection, but it sounds like the Doctors are looking into doing something to try and repair the infection which your looking forward to having done. So that your Quality of life shall improve immensely, so I wish you all the best in the coming future and for the success of the treatment, for your infection.

I don't know about the other names my medication goes by, I only know what's typed on the Box that the Tablets come in and what the GP writes on the Scripts I get and that name is Trajentamet, I use to take Metformin but it started making me throw Up if I took it with Food, as was recommended by my GP. So my GP put me onto this Trajentamet to take twice a day, 1 in the am; and the other one to be taken in the pm; So that's what I do at the present time.

As for what I had for Breakfast, well I had 2 Slices of Shortcut Bacon, 1 Egg Fried in Butter and some of the Fat left by the Bacon, A Tomato and some Mushrooms, Followed by a Hot Coffee with Milk and Sweeteners.

Lunch was 2 Slices of Toast with Butter and Cream Cheese Spread, plus a Hot Coffee with Milk and Sweeteners.

Tea was 2 Chicken Rissoles with Mixed Veggies and Mushroom Gravy, plus a Hot Coffee with Milk and Sweeteners.

9. Stemar 2

Hi Everyone,
    I hope your all doing as well as you'd expect to be doing, today, whilst dealing with this beast of a condition, we're all burdened with!!!

For Breakfast this morning I had 2 Fried Eggs, with 2 Slices of Shortcut Bacon, with 2 Slices of Toast with Butter, followed by a Hot Coffee with Sweeteners and Milk.

Lunch was just a Hot Coffee, Milk and Sweeteners.

Tea was 2 Lamb Rissoles with Mixed Veggies and Gravy, followed by a Hot Coffee with Milk and Sweeteners.

10. Stemar 2

Hi Everyone,
    I hope your all doing as well as you expect to be doing this morning, whilst dealing with this beast of a condition, ware all burdened with.

For breakfast I had 2 poached Eggs with 2 Slices of Shortcut Bacon, a Slice of Toast with Butter and Cream Cheese Spread, followed by a Hot Coffee with Milk and Sweeteners.

Lunch was just a Coffee with Milk and Sweeteners.

Tea was Pumpkin Soup with a Slice of Toast, followed by 2 Lamb and Herbs Rissoles with Mixed Veggies, and gravy, followed by a Hot Coffee, with Milk and Sweeteners. Then about 30 minutes later I had 2 Sections of ,Almond Dark Chocolate, with 80% Coco Beans,, from Aldi's Supermarket.

• Like Like x 1
    #2130 Stemar 2, Jun 26, 2018 at 3:23 PM
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2018
  11. liarsdance

liarsdance Type 2 (in remission!) · Well-Known Member

• breakfast - nothing to eat, just a black decaf coffee
    • lunch - nothing to eat, just another black decaf coffee
    • Water in between coffees
    • pre-dinner nibbles will be a few salted pecans, a couple of garlic stuffed olives washed down with a G&T - slimline of course ;)
    • Dinner this evening will be bacon wrapped chicken gorgonzola with steamed green veggies followed by a few rasps with a dollop of double cream and another black decaf :)
    ~Heath

• Like Like x 2
  12. Jaz006

Jaz006 · Well-Known Member

First slip in 4 weeks. I've had two biscuits and an ice-lolly today.:banghead::banghead: Its my hormones I know it. Its a sign of the time.:joyful: Grrr!!!. So I may as well finish the day with a cheese burger in a roll and then write the day off food wise.

[email protected] 4 blaming my women's bits on me having a sugar craving. # I am only human:( # roll on the menopause (JOKE)

• Like Like x 2
  13. Gregoor

Gregoor · Newbie

Wat ik at vandaag.

Morgen: bacon 4 plakjes, 2 eitjes. met tl kaneel tl baking soda.
    Lunch: yoghurt 200 gram honing, en krenten.
    Diner: Bloemkool en 3 braadworst. en sla met geitenkaas en honing dressing met sesamolie.
    een cracker met ei
    bak noten. een liter water met citroen.
    45 km gefietst

• Like Like x 2
  14. Jaz006

Loads of stuff :)

Wholemeal toast
    £2.50 Full English breakfast from Asda
    Salami and cheese slices
    Mini cocktail sausages
    Fish and a few chips from the seaside:)
    Lightly salted popcorn
    Olive oil breadsticks with peanut butter

15. Jaz006

I have had a total holiday melt down this week with food but... I have enjoyed it and will behave better next week:):p. I've not eaten lots but I have had birthday cake, a few crisps and fish and chips. I have LOVED being bad... sorry!! Steering clear of holiday food is hard.

16. Peadair O Brionn

Peadair O Brionn Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Today I’ve had coffee with double cream and 1 Splenda with 4 slices of cheddar cheese .
    Roast chicken with garlic and chilli
    With red peppers and mushrooms .
    At the moment having
    More coffee with cheese and nuts

• Like Like x 3
  17. Doarnamor

Doarnamor Type 2 · Member

Some pepperoni, cheese, coffee and a little while ago I ate 1 lb. of bacon. Yup, you read that right a pound of bacon.

• Like Like x 1
  18. gettingamoveon

gettingamoveon Type 2 · Active Member

A ribeye steak fried in a large amount of butter and olive oil. A fried egg cooked in the same fat. The fat. A handful of walnuts. Two almonds. You must excuse me now, the kettle has just boiled.

UPDATE!!! A hunk of mature Red Leicester while waiting for my tea to brew.

I can't believe you can lose weight this way!

• Like Like x 3
  19. bigsi1984

bigsi1984 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Super proud of myself with this. Just made tea now and I had a jalapeño burger topped with pepperoni, spicy cheese, bacon, fried egg and spring onions. All wedged between a portobello mushroom. Plus more cheese. Love it! IMG_0836.jpg

• Like Like x 7
    #2139 bigsi1984, Jul 23, 2018 at 5:56 PM
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2018
  20. gettingamoveon

gettingamoveon Type 2 · Active Member

Oh, the mushrooms are a good idea - I think I'll try that.

• Like Like x 3
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook