Type 2s: What have you eaten today?

heh

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yesterday
Tea
B: 2 slices of Tesco protein bread toasted with AVO & 2 poached eggs, raspberries & Greek yogurt
Milky coffe
Tea
L: Ham & egg salad from Co-op, berries, mullerlight Greek yogurt.
Tea
T: Beef burger in brioche bun with a slice of cheese, salad.
Tea

Ian_Laye

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
B = Freshly brewed coffee with gold top milk.
L = None
D = 4 slices of belly pork & a punnet of Strawberries.
Snacks = Three 16g bags of pork scratchings.

Reactions: heh

Stemar 2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Apricots In A Tin, a story Follows reason!!!. Yogurt,
Sorry I missed your post 6 days ago. Got info online. Risks seem unacceptable and scary to me, but you are you.

TERMS & CONDITIONS
What is TRADJENTA?

TRADJENTA is a prescription medicine that is used along with diet and exercise to lower blood sugar in adults with type 2 diabetes.

TRADJENTA is not for people with type 1 diabetes or for people with diabetic ketoacidosis (increased ketones in the blood or urine).

If you have had inflammation of the pancreas (pancreatitis) in the past, it is not known if you have a higher chance of getting pancreatitis while you take TRADJENTA.

IMPORTANT SAFETY INFORMATION
What is the most important information I should know about TRADJENTA?

Serious side effects can happen to people taking TRADJENTA, including inflammation of the pancreas (pancreatitis), which may be severe and lead to death. Before you start taking TRADJENTA, tell your doctor if you have ever had pancreatitis, gallstones, a history of alcoholism, or high triglyceride levels.

Stop taking TRADJENTA and call your doctor right away if you have pain in your stomach area (abdomen) that is severe and will not go away. The pain may be felt going from your abdomen through to your back. The pain may happen with or without vomiting. These may be symptoms of pancreatitis.

Heart failure. Heart failure means your heart does not pump blood well enough. Before you start taking TRADJENTA, tell your doctor if you have ever had heart failure or have problems with your kidneys. Contact your doctor right away if you have any of the following symptoms: increasing shortness of breath or trouble breathing, especially when you lie down; swelling or fluid retention, especially in the feet, ankles, or legs; an unusually fast increase in weight or unusual tiredness. These may be symptoms of heart failure.

Who should not take TRADJENTA?
Do not take TRADJENTA if you are allergic to linagliptin or any of the ingredients in TRADJENTA.

Symptoms of a serious allergic reaction to TRADJENTA may include rash, itching, flaking or peeling; raised red patches on your skin (hives); swelling of your face, lips, tongue, and throat that may cause difficulty breathing or swallowing. If you have any of these symptoms, stop taking TRADJENTA and call your doctor or go to the emergency room right away.

What should I tell my doctor before using TRADJENTA?
Tell your doctor about all your medical conditions, including if you have or have had inflammation of your pancreas (pancreatitis). Tell your doctor about all the medicines you take, including prescription and non-prescription medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements. TRADJENTA may affect the way other medicines work, and other medicines may affect how TRADJENTA works. Especially tell your doctor if you take

• other medicines that can lower your blood sugar. If you take TRADJENTA with another medicine that can cause low blood sugar, such as sulfonylurea or insulin, your risk of getting low blood sugar is higher. The dose of your sulfonylurea or insulin may need to be lowered while you take TRADJENTA.
  • rifampin (Rifadin®, Rimactane®, Rifater®, Rifamate®),* an antibiotic that is used to treat tuberculosis.
    *These trademarks are owned by third parties not affiliated with TRADJENTA.
Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding or plan to breastfeed.

What are the possible side effects of TRADJENTA?
TRADJENTA may cause serious side effects, including

• Inflammation of the pancreas (pancreatitis).
  • Low blood sugar (hypoglycemia), especially if you take TRADJENTA with another medicine that can cause low blood sugar. Signs and symptoms of low blood sugar may include headache, drowsiness, weakness, dizziness, confusion, irritability, hunger, fast heartbeat, sweating, or feeling jittery.
  • Allergic (hypersensitivity) reactions can happen after your first dose or up to 3 months after starting TRADJENTA. Symptoms may include swelling of your face, lips, throat, and other areas on your skin; difficulty with swallowing or breathing; raised, red areas on your skin (hives); skin rash, itching, flaking, or peeling.
  • Joint pain. Some people who take medicines called dipeptidyl peptidase-4 (DPP-4) inhibitors like TRADJENTA, may develop joint pain that can be severe. Call your doctor if you have severe joint pain.
  • Skin Reaction. Some people who take medicines called DPP-4 inhibitors like TRADJENTA, may develop a skin reaction called bullous pemphigoid which can be serious and may need to be treated in a hospital. Tell your doctor right away if you develop blisters.
The most common side effects of TRADJENTA include stuffy or runny nose, sore throat, cough, and diarrhea.

These are not all the possible side effects of TRADJENTA. For more information, ask your doctor or pharmacist. You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit www.fda.gov/medwatch or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

CL-TJ-100000 8.21.17

Please see Prescribing Information and Medication Guide.

L = None
D = 4 slices of belly pork & a punnet of Strawberries.
Snacks = Three 16g bags of pork scratchings.

Hi Contralto,
How are you feeling this morning, or (Night) as good as one can expect to be, with this condition to deal with, I hope?

I appreciate the trouble you've gone too, to provide me with the Medical Information shown above, but unfortunately it is for a different type of medication, to the one I've been taking. The information you've submitted above is for a type of Medication called "TRADJENTA" and the Medication that I'm currently taking is called "Trajentamet" but it is very easy to see how one could make a mistake, as the names are very familiar in both spelling and their sound when spoken. So I want to thank you for both the time and effort you put in to bring this to my attention.

Stemar 2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Hi Everyone,
I hope your all doing as well as you'd expect to be doing, today, whilst dealing with this beast of a condition, we're all burdened with!!!

Breakfast this morning consisted of 2 Boiled Eggs, 2 Slices of Toast with Butter and Creamed Cheese Spread, followed by a Hot Coffee with Milk and Sweeteners.

Lunch consisted of a Hot Coffee, with Milk and Sweeteners, and a Golden Kiwi Fruit, rich in Vitamin "C".

Dinner consisted of Vegetable Soup, Sausages with Mixed Veggies and a Hot Coffee with Milk and Sweeteners.

catinahat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Reality tv
Hi @Stemar 2
The medication Tradjenta is a trade name for Linagliptin
The meds you are taking Trajentamet consists of two active ingredients
Linagliptin ( Tradjenta ) and Metformin. So the information @Contralto gave you is correct for your medication Trajentamet
Hope this is helpful to you

Ian_Laye

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
L = None.
D = Shared a 1.6kg Duckling with Smokie my Blue Merle Border Collie.
S= 100g Cheddar & 75g Prosciutto.
Bottle of Merlot consumed during evening.

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
B = cafe breakfast of fried egg 2 bacon and a sausage.

L = coffee with cream

D = hosted a dinner party last night. 3 courses. Tempura battered prawns with a drizzle of sweet chilli sauce!!! Low carb moussaka and salad then 85% chocolate dipped strawberries. 2 glasses of red. Coffee with cream. You really could n

Stemar 2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Your medication is Trajenta, a brand name of linaglyptin PLUS Metformin. It is a combo drug. A lot of us on this forum have gotten up close and personal with Metformin and its side effects positive and negative.for many years. The Trajenta part is the unfamiliar part to some of us.

https://medicinewise-cmi.s3.amazonaws.com/cmi201805/pdf/cmi/CMR10902.pdf

Your medication's other name that people know more, is Trajenta Duo

How am I feeling? Hopeful that I will have healthcare soon for a long standing difficult bone infection. If I can get help, I will have a happier and fuller life. But I try to be grateful for the life I have now. God is good
Your medication is Trajenta, a brand name of linaglyptin PLUS Metformin. It is a combo drug. A lot of us on this forum have gotten up close and personal with Metformin and its side effects positive and negative.for many years. The Trajenta part is the unfamiliar part to some of us.

https://medicinewise-cmi.s3.amazonaws.com/cmi201805/pdf/cmi/CMR10902.pdf

Your medication's other name that people know more, is Trajenta Duo

How am I feeling? Hopeful that I will have healthcare soon for a long standing difficult bone infection. If I can get help, I will have a happier and fuller life. But I try to be grateful for the life I have now. God is good

Hi Contralto,
How are you feeling this morning, or (Night) as good as one can expect to be, with this condition to deal with, I hope?

Sorry to hear your suffering from a long standing Bone Infection, but it sounds like the Doctors are looking into doing something to try and repair the infection which your looking forward to having done. So that your Quality of life shall improve immensely, so I wish you all the best in the coming future and for the success of the treatment, for your infection.

I don't know about the other names my medication goes by, I only know what's typed on the Box that the Tablets come in and what the GP writes on the Scripts I get and that name is Trajentamet, I use to take Metformin but it started making me throw Up if I took it with Food, as was recommended by my GP. So my GP put me onto this Trajentamet to take twice a day, 1 in the am; and the other one to be taken in the pm; So that's what I do at the present time.

As for what I had for Breakfast, well I had 2 Slices of Shortcut Bacon, 1 Egg Fried in Butter and some of the Fat left by the Bacon, A Tomato and some Mushrooms, Followed by a Hot Coffee with Milk and Sweeteners.

Lunch was 2 Slices of Toast with Butter and Cream Cheese Spread, plus a Hot Coffee with Milk and Sweeteners.

Tea was 2 Chicken Rissoles with Mixed Veggies and Mushroom Gravy, plus a Hot Coffee with Milk and Sweeteners.

Stemar 2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Hi Everyone,
I hope your all doing as well as you'd expect to be doing, today, whilst dealing with this beast of a condition, we're all burdened with!!!

For Breakfast this morning I had 2 Fried Eggs, with 2 Slices of Shortcut Bacon, with 2 Slices of Toast with Butter, followed by a Hot Coffee with Sweeteners and Milk.

Lunch was just a Hot Coffee, Milk and Sweeteners.

Tea was 2 Lamb Rissoles with Mixed Veggies and Gravy, followed by a Hot Coffee with Milk and Sweeteners.

Stemar 2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Hi Everyone,
I hope your all doing as well as you expect to be doing this morning, whilst dealing with this beast of a condition, ware all burdened with.

For breakfast I had 2 poached Eggs with 2 Slices of Shortcut Bacon, a Slice of Toast with Butter and Cream Cheese Spread, followed by a Hot Coffee with Milk and Sweeteners.

Lunch was just a Coffee with Milk and Sweeteners.

Tea was Pumpkin Soup with a Slice of Toast, followed by 2 Lamb and Herbs Rissoles with Mixed Veggies, and gravy, followed by a Hot Coffee, with Milk and Sweeteners. Then about 30 minutes later I had 2 Sections of ,Almond Dark Chocolate, with 80% Coco Beans,, from Aldi's Supermarket.

Last edited:
Reactions: Debandez

liarsdance

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
  • breakfast - nothing to eat, just a black decaf coffee
  • lunch - nothing to eat, just another black decaf coffee
  • Water in between coffees
  • pre-dinner nibbles will be a few salted pecans, a couple of garlic stuffed olives washed down with a G&T - slimline of course ;)
  • Dinner this evening will be bacon wrapped chicken gorgonzola with steamed green veggies followed by a few rasps with a dollop of double cream and another black decaf :)
~Heath

Jaz006

First slip in 4 weeks. I've had two biscuits and an ice-lolly today.:banghead::banghead: Its my hormones I know it. Its a sign of the time.:joyful: Grrr!!!. So I may as well finish the day with a cheese burger in a roll and then write the day off food wise.

Lol@myself 4 blaming my women's bits on me having a sugar craving. # I am only human:( # roll on the menopause (JOKE)

Gregoor

Wat ik at vandaag.

Morgen: bacon 4 plakjes, 2 eitjes. met tl kaneel tl baking soda.
Lunch: yoghurt 200 gram honing, en krenten.
Diner: Bloemkool en 3 braadworst. en sla met geitenkaas en honing dressing met sesamolie.
een cracker met ei
bak noten. een liter water met citroen.
45 km gefietst

Jaz006

Loads of stuff :)

Wholemeal toast
£2.50 Full English breakfast from Asda
Salami and cheese slices
Mini cocktail sausages
Fish and a few chips from the seaside:)
Lightly salted popcorn
Olive oil breadsticks with peanut butter

Jaz006

I have had a total holiday melt down this week with food but... I have enjoyed it and will behave better next week:):p. I've not eaten lots but I have had birthday cake, a few crisps and fish and chips. I have LOVED being bad... sorry!! Steering clear of holiday food is hard.

Peadair O Brionn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
having diabetes...... people who wear backpacks on the tube
Today I’ve had coffee with double cream and 1 Splenda with 4 slices of cheddar cheese .
Roast chicken with garlic and chilli
With red peppers and mushrooms .
At the moment having
More coffee with cheese and nuts

Doarnamor

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Some pepperoni, cheese, coffee and a little while ago I ate 1 lb. of bacon. Yup, you read that right a pound of bacon.

Reactions: millenium

gettingamoveon

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
A ribeye steak fried in a large amount of butter and olive oil. A fried egg cooked in the same fat. The fat. A handful of walnuts. Two almonds. You must excuse me now, the kettle has just boiled.

UPDATE!!! A hunk of mature Red Leicester while waiting for my tea to brew.

I can't believe you can lose weight this way!

bigsi1984

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Super proud of myself with this. Just made tea now and I had a jalapeño burger topped with pepperoni, spicy cheese, bacon, fried egg and spring onions. All wedged between a portobello mushroom. Plus more cheese. Love it!
IMG_0836.jpg

Last edited:

gettingamoveon

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Super proud of myself with this. Just made tea now and I had a jalapeño burger topped with pepperoni, spicy cheese, bacon, fried egg and spring onions. All wedged between a portobello mushroom. Plus more cheese. Love it!View attachment 27712

Oh, the mushrooms are a good idea - I think I'll try that.