Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Apricots In A Tin, a story Follows reason!!!. Yogurt,
Low carb toast were do you get that from would love to try it

Phill 2,
How are you feeling this morning, or (Night) as good as one can expect to be, with this beast of a condition we've got to deal with, I hope?

I live in Australia so I'm not sure if the Bakery that makes the Low Carb Bread I get, operates in your part of the Globe, or not, but it's made by Helgas Bakeries, and it comes in several varieties, I like the Soy and Toasted Linseed Loaf, but they also make a 5 Grains Loaf and a Quinoa Loaf. I get it at my local Supermarket which is a Woolworths Store, but I'm sure if you try your local supermarket they should have a type of Low Carb Bread in their Breads section, so good luck I hope you find some as it's really worth the look once you find it Ok!

Reactions: heh

Stemar 2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
That stuff is pretty heavy on carbs at 35 grams /100.

Herman Brot low carb bread is only 5.4 grams / 100.

https://hermanbrot.com.au/products/low-carb-bread/

Hi Tipetoo,
I hope your doing as well as you expect to be doing, whilst dealing with this beast of a condition, we're all burdened with!!!

First of all thanks for the Heads Up, unfortunately I've not tried counting the Carbs as of yet, as I've only been eating the basic things and the bread I've been getting, it seemed to be doing the job required, but that's a big difference, 35 per 100 down to 5.4 per 100, it's a 29.6 per 100 difference.

Could you advise me as to how you can find the Carb Contents of particular foods, as I only look at the Nutritional Value on the Packaging, to make my choice as to get it, or not. But if there is a way the find the Carb Content of certain Food Items, I'm all ears as it would make the task so much easier than the way I'm doing it at present, any assistance, or recommendation you could pass along, would I assure you, be most welcomed, thank you!

O!! I nearly forgot to Thank You for the link to the lower Carb Bread, I'll try and get some today, or tomorrow, as I live in Sydney, so it shouldn't be that hard to locate a point of sale, around where I reside and again, Thank You very much for your help.

Last edited:

Stemar 2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
That stuff is pretty heavy on carbs at 35 grams /100.

Herman Brot low carb bread is only 5.4 grams / 100.

https://hermanbrot.com.au/products/low-carb-bread/

Hi Tipetoo,
I hope your doing as well as you expect to be doing, whilst dealing with this beast of a condition, we're all burdened with!!!

Your link was most helpful as I found several stores in and around my local area so once again Thanks for the Heads Up. I read the Info on the web site and it sounds like a great product to buy.

Stemar 2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
What is Trementajet?

If I had the porridge, the brown sugar, the toast and the mandarin for breakfast, I would probably end in a diabetic coma from the carbs

The roll part of the Subway sandwich is killer carb level also.

Your tea sounds yummy and doable.

Hi Contralto,
How are you feeling this morning, or (Night) as good as one can expect to be, with this condition to deal with, I hope?

Trementajet are the tablets my GP put me on when I was having an adverse reaction to the Metformin I was taking originally, I have 2 a day am and then pm, after about a month or two of taking them I found that I became sick when I chose to eat certain foods, so I stopped taking the am tablet for several weeks, but I'm now taking them both again.

As for my Carb Calculations I don't know how it's done, so I just rely on the information on the rear panel of most products, as they have the nutritional value of the product per 100 grams,, as well as per serve, so that has become my guide.

heh

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Reactions: ianpspurs
D

Deleted member 308541

First of all thanks for the Heads Up, unfortunately I've not tried counting the Carbs as of yet, as I've only been eating the basic things and the bread I've been getting, it seemed to be doing the job required, but that's a big difference, 35 per 100 down to 5.4 per 100, it's a 29.6 per 100 difference.
Here's the nutrition info for Helgas bread, just click on Our Range (top right hand side) then click on any of their eight loaves of bread and scroll down to nutrition info. It will tell you how much carbs are there.

http://www.helgas.com.au/

I use a nutrition guide from Fat Secret Australia, which has all of the Australian stores and brands etc in it,

https://www.fatsecret.com.au/calories-nutrition/

Reactions: ianpspurs

Jaz006

Breakfast:
Spinich omelette with one bit of bacon in it with a small slice of wholemeal bread
Snack:
Handful off mixed nuts
Dinner:
Wholemeal cracker bread x6 with fresh turkey topping
Snack:
Blueberries and black grapes
Tea:
Wholemeal rice with peas, broccoli, cauliflower and a chicken breast.

heh

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Tea
B: Smoked haddock & 2 poached eggs, cocoa.
Tea
L: Ryvita wholewheat crackerbreads & smoked mackeral pate, berries & Activia LF yogurt.
Tea
Peanuts
T: Gammon steak, cauliflower cheese, red wine.

Stemar 2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Hi Contralto,
How are you feeling this morning, or (Night) as good as one can expect to be, with this condition to deal with, I hope?

I think the reason you were unable to locate it on the Google Search Tab, was because I spelt it wrong. As I renewed my script this morning I took the information and it's spelling straight from the packetting the tablets came in, so better luck this time, there shouldn't be any problems finding it on the Google Search Tab, this time I hope, so here goes,

(Trajentamet 2.5 mg/1000 mg; or Linagliptin/Metformin HCL 2.5mg/1g Tab 60)

I'm sorry I misspelled it and caused you to waste time trying to locate it on the Internet. This is the information that's on the Label that the Chemist put's on the Box the tablets come in, so it's correct for sure, this time, Ok!

heh

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Tea
B: Berries & Greek yogurt, 2 boiled eggs, milky coffee.
Tea
L: Tuna, red onion & mayo butty on Burgen, berries, Mullerlight Greek yogurt, a few pork scratchings.
Tea
Apple
T: "Sorta Salmon Nicoise" - Jamie Oliver recipe with salmon (surprisingly), boiled eggs, fine beans in a Greek yogurt & black olive dressing.
Coffee.

Stemar 2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Hi Everyone,
I hope your all doing as well as you'd expect to be doing, today, whilst dealing with this beast of a condition, we're all burdened with!!!

For Breakfast this morning I had 2 Poached Eggs with 2 Slices of Bacon fried in Butter, No Toast as I'm waiting on a very Low Carb Loaf, that was recommended by Tipetoo, in a Post a few days ago.I also had a Hot Coffee, with Milk and Sweeteners, added.

I don't usually have anything to eat at Lunchtime, unless I'm real hungry, which isn't very often, but I do have a Hot Coffee, with Milk and Sweeteners, added.

For Tea I had a Bowl of Homemade Pumpkin and Sweet Potato Soup, with a Packet of Soup Mix Vegetables added, plus a Large Cup of Peas. Then I had a Chicken Schnitzel Fried In Butter and served with Pumpkin,
Potatoes and Sweet Potato Mash, Beans, Carrots and Broccoli, with Mushroom and Garlic Gravy, followed by a Hot Coffee with Milk and Sweeteners added.

Last edited:
Reactions: heh and Freema

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good low carb day yesterday. 2 eggs scrambled n mushrooms for brunch. 2 pieces of 85% chocolate and a cuppa later in the day. Always have a take away treat on a Friday evening. Chicken kebab no pitta! Chilli sauce and garlic mayo. 2 glasses of red. And a few mixed nuts. Bloods stayed in the 5s all evening. And good result this morning. Happy Sunday.

Reactions: hankjam

Stemar 2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Hi Everyone,
I hope your all doing as well as you'd expect to be doing, today, whilst dealing with this beast of a condition, we're all burdened with!!!

Breakfast was 2 Fried Eggs, mushrooms, Tomato and 2 Slices of Shortcut Bacon, with 2 Slices of Toast and a Hot Coffee with Milk and Sweeteners.

Tea will be 2 Pieces of Smoked Cod with White Sauce and Mixed Veggies, and my constitutional Hot Coffee with Milk and Sweeteners to finish off.

AllieRainbow

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast: Salmon with salad of cucumber, yellow pepper, avocado, olives, cheese and bacon. Coleslaw, walnuts, hazelnuts and pork scratchings. Coffee with coconut cream, oxo with double cream. Lots of water.

Crocodile

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
I can't have it often
40g of rolled oats this morning. Just finished lunch of sausages, egg and tomato.

Stemar 2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Hi Everyone,

For Breakfast this morning I had the Smoked Cod I had left over from Tea and 2 Slices of Low Carb Toast with Creamed Cheese Spread, plus a Hot Coffee with Milk and Sweeteners.

No Lunch.

Tea will be a T-Bone Steak Medium Rare with Mixed Veggies and Mushroom and Garlic Gravy, followed by a Hot Coffee with Milk and Sweeteners.