What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all, a disappointing 9.4, but I had a hypo at 01:30 this morning, so after yesterdays 14 in the morning, big swings in readings yesterday, it seems I might be on the B/S merry go round again, doesn't help my retinopathy, which had begun to be under control as well. One foot in front of the other!! and Don't panic!!

Take care every one!!
its still better than yesterday ;)

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you
A few years ago I was always above the highest reading the meter had which was 33.0
2 hospital admissions saw my bloods at 59.4 & 48.7 insulin infusions brought me down but was in a week each time

I went through a very bad spell always high always thirsty and then weeing loads, I was switched basal to Toujeo and my numbers dropped down into range and I became more stable

Yes I have blips and go up to double figures but I don’t feel to bad in the 10 -20 range

Thanks @flexi06
Hi Cumbs. You do very well to cope with all that ails you. Just goes to show that chasing a fab 4 or a fourunate 5 is not the prime goal for some. Are you still on your month off? :):)

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
i woke to a 5.8 at 5:15 then b4 i had my breakfast in work at eight bgs was 9.1 and id only had a black coffee this is the same most mornings for me no matter what i do :banghead:
Chin up. Bit odd but not knowledgeable about the vagaries of T1 :)

Reactions: karen8967

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Chin up. Bit odd but not knowledgeable about the vagaries of T1 :)
Im fine dunelm this happens every morning used to do a correction dose when i got up it made no difference so just do exra insulin with my breakfast loved the foties yesterday x

Reactions: ziggy_w

Stemar 2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Apricots In A Tin, a story Follows reason!!!. Yogurt,
Hi Everyone,
I hope your all doing as well as you expect to be doing, whilst dealing with this beast of a condition, we're all burdened with!!!

Well, this morning at 07.40 hrs my BGL's were 8.4, which to others it's a touch high, but when you are doing what is right and your eating the right foods, plus exercising, then you can only expect the results you get, because your body can only work with the tools (Food) it receives, each day. So as long as you know 100% that your giving it your best shot, plus an honest effort then be happy, for the numbers you get, as your doing this for yourself and your future Health, no one else, so just keep doing exactly what you are doing and you'll receive the rewards you are looking for, (Good Health and Normal BGL's.) so keep it up as a good effort, eventually pays off, Ok!

Last edited:

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)
Hi Cumbs. You do very well to cope with all that ails you. Just goes to show that chasing a fab 4 or a fourunate 5 is not the prime goal for some. Are you still on your month off? :):)

I am off yes
Personally I’m happy to be in single figures
Ideally I’d like to be between 5 minimum and 8.5 max

Going under 5 means I can’t drive the car so 5+ is a must for me

flexi06

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thank you
A few years ago I was always above the highest reading the meter had which was 33.0
2 hospital admissions saw my bloods at 59.4 & 48.7 insulin infusions brought me down but was in a week each time

I went through a very bad spell always high always thirsty and then weeing loads, I was switched basal to Toujeo and my numbers dropped down into range and I became more stable

Yes I have blips and go up to double figures but I don’t feel to bad in the 10 -20 range

Thanks @flexi06

It does sort of put things in perspective tho, sweetie.

flexi06

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi Everyone,
I hope your all doing as well as you expect to be doing, whilst dealing with this beast of a condition, we're all burdened with!!!

Well this morning at 07.40 hrs my BGL's were 8.4, which to others it's a touch high, but when you are doing what is right and eating the right foods, plus exercising, then you can only accept the results you get, because your body can only work with the tools (Food) it receives each day. So as long as you know 100% that your giving it your honest and best shot, then be happy for the numbers you get, as your doing this for yourself no one else, so just keep doing exactly what your doing and you'll receive the rewards you'r looking for, (Good Health and Normal BGL's.)

Lovely thoughts stemar 2

Reactions: Cumberland