What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

philchap1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I have read that it does this by increasing insulin and this is what we don’t want ( am i correct?)
Alcohol inhibits the livers process of breaking protein down into glucose, so after drinking your blood glucose levels rise but then drop down ( especially if you are on insulin) don't drink on an empty stomach and have a Carby snack before bed, and don't drink too much lol

flexi06

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
In type 1s flexi we dont produce any insulin but i dont know if that how it works with type 2 x

Ah yes of course- forgive me. I tend to be very “ type2” focussed .... it was just a little but I read, no mention of type 1,2 or any of the others on the diabetic spectrum. I guess it’s only overweight diabetics with type 2 who don’t want too frequent insulin response that promotes fat storage ( if I am incorrect-anybody please jump in and educate me)
I’m not sure I understand the process.

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Ah yes of course- forgive me. I tend to be very “ type2” focussed .... it was just a little but I read, no mention of type 1,2 or any of the others on the diabetic spectrum. I guess it’s only overweight diabetics with type 2 who don’t want too frequent insulin response that promotes fat storage ( if I am incorrect-anybody please jump in and educate me)
I’m not sure I understand the process.
Hi flexi as far as i am aware insulin does not make you gain weight .i wish it would cos i could do with putting a few pounds on (didnt think id ever use them words)again this is just my oplnion and others may disagree or it may affect other peòple diffrently this is just my experience

Stemar 2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Apricots In A Tin, a story Follows reason!!!. Yogurt,
Hi Everyone,
I hope your all doing as well as you expect to be doing, whilst dealing with this beast of a condition, we're all burdened with!!!

Well I was a bit surprised at my BGL's this morning as at 06.50 hrs they were 7.5, which is the lowest they've been for a number of weeks, it must of been the dark Almond Chocolate from Aldi that I had a piece of just before going to bed at 01.30 hrs. So I hope I'm now going to ride the slippery dip with my BGL's.

Stemar 2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Apricots In A Tin, a story Follows reason!!!. Yogurt,
Lovely thoughts stemar 2

Hi flexi06,

How are you feeling this morning, or (Night) as good as one can expect to be, with the Burden of this condition to deal with, I hope?

I just won't to thank you for your kind words, I feel to much emphasis is placed on the BGL's of those on the Forum and it could discourage Newer Members, whose Numbers are at the opposite end of the spectrum, or they are struggling to lower them, which is a shame, as we tend to forget what it was like back when. But again Thanks for your reply.. Stemar2,

Last edited:

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all bit chilly in the Fens early but clear and promising. 4.9 today just after 6 - haven't tested this early for a while so fbg may conceivably have been around this level all along. Anyhow it pays not to be too complacent. Have a good day y'all (very old Fen saying)