Moseley Dm Today

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
By the way I in no way endorse the recipe at the bottom.. no idea what that has to do with anything... chick peas..outrageous!

Boo1979

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
By the way I in no way endorse the recipe at the bottom.. no idea what that has to do with anything... chick peas..outrageous!
Its back to that old “ you say keto. I say (lower ) carbo, lets call the whole thing off” thing.
Mosely advocates lower carb higher fibre so embraces legumes - they spike my sugars outrageously but not everyone is the same

Reactions: Robinredbreast

FantomPoet

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
The recipe at the bottom looks pretty good and would only need a removal of the tin of chick peas and the addition of possibly Lardons? To be honest I am salivating wondering what diced replacement I could use.....Maybe Cauliflower?

The good thing however is that Low Carb is noticeably becoming the talk of the mainstream which can be nothing but good.

NicoleC1971

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Glad that some messages are getting out there but nobody in the mainstream wants to give fat the thumbs up although I hear cautious mentions of 'healthy fats' such as olive oil, nuts and seeds. I would like to see Dr M wearing this!
shirt-1476742867-87fbeff8bfefa546539b3e46ebef20a6.png

lucylocket61

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
for many people, his diet is ideal. Especially those first exploring lowering carbs, and those who are not type 2 diabetics.

I wonder what his stance is on higher fat, and fats in general. i see that as the Next Holy Grail - reversing 30 years of low fat propaganda.

Reactions: lindijanice

CherryAA

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

ha ha, yes I did get a tad carried away, still, no doubt I wasn't the only one. I have been quite amused about all the low carb fuss recently, both the UK TV program and Michael Msely neatly sidestepping the issue of fats alltogether just replace all those starchy carbs with the nice green ones- - so much better for you ( and so many fewer calories) I guess all those trying that out are going to find they enter ketosis even quicker than we do. Still at least if it gets them goodling low carb, the high fat part will follow !