1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2018 »
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Moseley Dm Today

Discussion in 'Low-carb Diet Forum' started by bulkbiker, Jun 10, 2018.

1. bulkbiker

bulkbiker Type 2 · Expert

• Like Like x 4
  2. bulkbiker

bulkbiker Type 2 · Expert

By the way I in no way endorse the recipe at the bottom.. no idea what that has to do with anything... chick peas..outrageous!

• Funny Funny x 2
  3. Boo1979

Boo1979 Other · Well-Known Member

Its back to that old “ you say keto. I say (lower ) carbo, lets call the whole thing off” thing.
    Mosely advocates lower carb higher fibre so embraces legumes - they spike my sugars outrageously but not everyone is the same

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. FantomPoet

FantomPoet Type 2 · Well-Known Member

The recipe at the bottom looks pretty good and would only need a removal of the tin of chick peas and the addition of possibly Lardons? To be honest I am salivating wondering what diced replacement I could use.....Maybe Cauliflower?

The good thing however is that Low Carb is noticeably becoming the talk of the mainstream which can be nothing but good.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. NicoleC1971

NicoleC1971 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Glad that some messages are getting out there but nobody in the mainstream wants to give fat the thumbs up although I hear cautious mentions of 'healthy fats' such as olive oil, nuts and seeds. I would like to see Dr M wearing this!
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. lucylocket61

lucylocket61 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

for many people, his diet is ideal. Especially those first exploring lowering carbs, and those who are not type 2 diabetics.

I wonder what his stance is on higher fat, and fats in general. i see that as the Next Holy Grail - reversing 30 years of low fat propaganda.

• Like Like x 1
  7. FantomPoet

FantomPoet Type 2 · Well-Known Member

8. banshee71

banshee71 · Member

haha...chickpeas and dried fruit!

9. CherryAA

CherryAA Type 2 · Well-Known Member

ha ha, yes I did get a tad carried away, still, no doubt I wasn't the only one. I have been quite amused about all the low carb fuss recently, both the UK TV program and Michael Msely neatly sidestepping the issue of fats alltogether just replace all those starchy carbs with the nice green ones- - so much better for you ( and so many fewer calories) I guess all those trying that out are going to find they enter ketosis even quicker than we do. Still at least if it gets them goodling low carb, the high fat part will follow !

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook