jlarsson

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
mods who selectively modify posts for explicit language that isn't explicit
I wonder what will happen overnight ?
Would expect the liver to start pumping glucose into my system in a few hours, as usual. There's no magic involved, just my lunch apparently not raising my sugars enough to require bolusing for a change, I've had similarly weird days before.

CranberryIce

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I have been hovering around mid 6- 7 for most of the day. Would be happy with that... but my preconception clinic want me below 5.8 before every meal...

*tired of this*

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Have just found this thread and am so, so happy to see that I'm not the only person with Type 1 who has days where BG is up & down like a yo-yo and that 7s are considered an okay reading. I'm involved in a research programme about exercise and Type 1 at the moment and went to a meeting where everyone else seemed to be managing far better than me; HbA1c's within range to get Libre on presecription in our CCG (mine isn't, last one was 63, CCG wants under 58). I had a phone review yesterday with a doctor from the research programme who said that for someone with Type 1 for 32 years, 63 was pretty good. It was the first time for ages that I haven't felt as if I'm failing at managing this. I aim to run my BG between 5 and 10 because so much emphasis has been put on avoiding hypos by my DSNs, and because hypos make me feel so rough.
@Robinredbreast thanks so much for starting this thread and to the rest of you who've made me laugh out loud this evening - much needed!

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Have just found this thread and am so, so happy to see that I'm not the only person with Type 1 who has days where BG is up & down like a yo-yo and that 7s are considered an okay reading. I'm involved in a research programme about exercise and Type 1 at the moment and went to a meeting where everyone else seemed to be managing far better than me; HbA1c's within range to get Libre on presecription in our CCG (mine isn't, last one was 63, CCG wants under 58). I had a phone review yesterday with a doctor from the research programme who said that for someone with Type 1 for 32 years, 63 was pretty good. It was the first time for ages that I haven't felt as if I'm failing at managing this. I aim to run my BG between 5 and 10 because so much emphasis has been put on avoiding hypos by my DSNs, and because hypos make me feel so rough.
@Robinredbreast thanks so much for starting this thread and to the rest of you who've made me laugh out loud this evening - much needed!

Hello and welcome @hh1 It's so nice to get a positive result from a diabetes medical professional, it is a hard slog at times with many up's and downs. My dsn talks about the pitfalls of hypo's and always wants me to run a little higher, hard as I, or we try, it doesn't always work out it's supposed to.

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good morning jabbers and pumpers.
Looks like another clear and ( hopefully) sunny day here in the East Midlands.
Needed to dip into bedside stash of glucotabs at 1.30. ( thanks Dexcom).
Straight back sleep and knew nothing more until 4.40.
Why the low? Don't know really, nothing overly unusual. Only guess is it's because I'm T1 diabetic.:banghead::banghead:
Chill out and have a great day everyone.

phdiabetic

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good morning jabbers and pumpers.
Looks like another clear and ( hopefully) sunny day here in the East Midlands.
Needed to dip into bedside stash of glucotabs at 1.30. ( thanks Dexcom).
Straight back sleep and knew nothing more until 4.40.
Why the low? Don't know really, nothing overly unusual. Only guess is it's because I'm T1 diabetic.:banghead::banghead:
Chill out and have a great day everyone.

Boo, night time hypos always suck. Enjoy your sunny (and hopefully hypo free) day! :)

CranberryIce

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
FBG- 3.7....

Didn’t need to treat.. as DP helped bring it up to 6.7... & still rising

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Just to clarify to whoever reads this, whatever type you are, this thread was started because of a previous thread called 'why so few' to help type 1's share, compare and support each other needs managing type 1, some of us of had it for decades and it's a hard slog at times. I cannot believe what is going on........ :(
I’m T2, think it’s a great thread and am enjoying the banter about life as a T1.

Reactions: Fairygodmother

Tony337

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being on holiday....
Good morning
5.4 happy days
Just coffee and work should (!) keep me ticking over until lunchtime.

Happy times and places

Tony