Type 1'stars R Us

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
I find the different batches vary. Had 4 bought together that were consistently 2-3 out and set up an awful allergic reaction. The next 3 of which I am on no 2 have been so accurate it is uncanny. With no itching. The first lot I couldn’t get off, this lot need to be secured.

The glue must vary from batch to batch. I am wondering if the allergic reaction then creates inaccurate results.

Ultimately I may be unable to continue with it, which as I said elsewhere is like being invited to the best party in 10 years but not being allowed to stay.
I’ve been using skin-tac wipes, they seem to provide not just extra sticky, but a barrier to the adhesive. I’m prone to allergic reactions to medical adhesives, but so far (fingers crossed) it’s working ok.

I’ve seen it suggested that a compeed blister plaster with a small hole punched in it, and then the sensor applied over that can help with the allergies to the adhesive, but I’ve not needed to try that yet. How you line up the needle with the hole is a mystery to me!

Reactions: becca59

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Good morning all
Hooray 6.6 this morning. Just scanned the Libre and 9.5! Looks like I am getting the dreaded DP at 11ish according to my libre line. Exactly the same breakfast as I have had for the past few weeks with a (pretty) good line after. Today is a different story. Grrrr T1D :)

Reactions: kev-w and kaylz91

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Good morning all
Hooray 6.6 this morning. Just scanned the Libre and 9.5! Looks like I am getting the dreaded DP at 11ish according to my libre line. Exactly the same breakfast as I have had for the past few weeks with a (pretty) good line after. Today is a different story. Grrrr T1D :)
I’d take DP at mid morning over 4am any day of the week, though. And twice on Sundays :D

Reactions: porl69

Chris Bowsher

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
9.2 on waking corrected with 5 units Novorapid but still up at 6.8 just before lunch.

Generally feeling stress and a little detached form reality currently, work and family life becoming very demanding

this may be having some effect on the BG's

Reactions: kaylz91
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Hi @Robinredbreast
I don't feel included in this thread.
But why should I it's not about me and that's fine it's not the same as being excluded.
But some people don't see it like that "help help I'm not being included in something that has nothing to do with me in the first place"

I very rarely post anything on T1 threads because I know enough, to know I don't know what I'm talking about. But in this case I can comment.

This post is clearly about unity. Unity is not elitism or exclusion.
Don't let anyone make you feel that it is.;)
:bag:

Thank you for your kindness and support, eg, as I am not a pump user it would be no good me answering a question, same with many of the sections on here. This is just a place for type 1's to say hello, chat and support other type 1's as we have the same medical condition and management and looking at the posts, the same trails and tribulations.
But don't be a stranger and I hope your day is going well :)

Last edited:
Reactions: zand
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
9.2 on waking corrected with 5 units Novorapid but still up at 6.8 just before lunch.

Generally feeling stress and a little detached form reality currently, work and family life becoming very demanding

this may be having some effect on the BG's

Sorry to hear you are currently feeling detached, I hope things will improve for you

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
I have been in town looking for a job vacancy, I work part-time zero hours, but lately the work is few and far between, I went into a cafe which had part-time staff wanted on the window. I asked the guy about it and he asked me what I was looking for, day's, hours and then looked me up and down :nailbiting: which made me uncomfortable and he said to bring my CV in next time I am in town. I found a job vacancy at Tiger and just went online and filled out the short application form and uploaded my CV, I would love, at least, to have an interview, so finger';s crossed.

How's everyone's day going ?

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
My BG is behaving like a naughty toddler! I have to drive about 15 miles for an appointment and will they get up to legal driving numbers? No! They’re dragging their feet, dropping their toys, going back to the sandpit. Not even the lure of jelly babies and a bit of fizzy sugar stuff’s been able to get them up and out. Grrrrrrrrr!

Reactions: porl69

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
Good luck with the application, Robin, I love Tiger! If you get it maybe you’ll get a discount on stuffed parrots, pink unicorns, lovely spices, pretty cushions and all that. Fingers crossed for you.

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
I have been in town looking for a job vacancy, I work part-time zero hours, but lately the work is few and far between, I went into a cafe which had part-time staff wanted on the window. I asked the guy about it and he asked me what I was looking for, day's, hours and then looked me up and down :nailbiting: which made me uncomfortable and he said to bring my CV in next time I am in town. I found a job vacancy at Tiger and just went online and filled out the short application form and uploaded my CV, I would love, at least, to have an interview, so finger';s crossed.

How's everyone's day going ?

I hope you get the job at Tiger - I could tap you for discounts then, we spend a fortune in there when we go !!

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@Chris Bowsher . I wish I could be bl**dy detached. Currently in process of moving house ( stresssssssssssss). The thought of being in our " detached " bungalow is a constant dream. More documents to sign tonight inc one I signed and returned last week.
£260 for a search yesterday. I wish I knew what we was searching for, I'm sure I could find it quicker and cheaper:banghead::banghead::banghead:.
Woke up this morning , which is good enough for me.:):):)

Chris Bowsher

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@therower moving house can be super stressful . We were very lucky when we bought back in 2013, there was very little competition for buyers like us. I'm hoping we will never have to move again. (fingers crossed)

I tell you what confuses me, people who buy bungalows, then end up doing a loft conversion.
I mean if you're going to do that then just buy a normal house. o_O

Chris Bowsher

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
For the last two days my blood test have been hovering between 7 and 12, wont go lower.

I've ramped up the novo rapid this afternoon to see if can get them down lower.

no doubt a prolonged period of hypoglycaemia coming my way this afternoon .:banghead:

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
For the last two days my blood test have been hovering between 7 and 12, wont go lower.

I've ramped up the novo rapid this afternoon to see if can get them down lower.

no doubt a prolonged period of hypoglycaemia coming my way this afternoon .:banghead:

@Chris Bowsher not coming down with something? Keep an eye on those levels this after noon my friend and keep us informed