What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Unfairness/ use of offensive language.
A jolly 5.6 this morning. Jolly because I was at a birthday celebration at the local cricket club where the usual buffet culprits were on parade.
I love peeling sausage rolls and stripping out pork pie. There were green things as well. :)
Ha ha,dunelm. I do that too and will be doing so at a birthday party this afternoon I reckon. The pork pies are a bit more of a challenge! :D Good fbs by the way.:)

flexi06

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello lovelies, This may not be considered the right place for this post but I feel a connection to you guys and want the opinions of this group in particular. Has anybody watched “diabetes, the fast fix” I saw episode 1 with my boyf and guess what? Not one single mention of the word carbohydrates?!???!? Lot of focus on “fat” people, saving the NHS, and how much it costs the Nhs. Very disappointed so far, but it’s only week one. After the participants lose weight and go off on their way, what happens then ? However as a previous ( and regular) consumer of vlc ( very low carb) diet, like the CAMBRIGE DIET - I believe this prevented an earlier diagnosis in me. But I think it encouraged the demonisation of fat people. Lots of “fat makes you diabetic” and no “underlying propensity for diabetes makes you fat” which is what I have been discovering-

flexi06

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Sorry vlc is very low calorie but also happens to be very low carb too ( and low fat I suppose- low everything- but you can’t live on it, unfortunately ( I wish I could, as you forget about food instead of having to think about it almost constantly)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
@
8.8 at 5:20 then 10.2 an hour later while still in fast. Wish I could stop the morning rise. I don’t know how people fast without bsg going through the roof. Seems like mine sure would if my mornings are any indication.
@JMcB I have the same kind of problem with rising bg in the morning although the starting point and end point are not the same. When I do fast. as I did recently for 3 days, the rise is either very slight or can turn into a fall. The problem with this condition is that you may see something completely different. You will only know by trying but I am not advocating you try.

Reactions: JMcB

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello lovelies, This may not be considered the right place for this post but I feel a connection to you guys and want the opinions of this group in particular. Has anybody watched “diabetes, the fast fix” I saw episode 1 with my boyf and guess what? Not one single mention of the word carbohydrates?!???!? Lot of focus on “fat” people, saving the NHS, and how much it costs the Nhs. Very disappointed so far, but it’s only week one. After the participants lose weight and go off on their way, what happens then ? However as a previous ( and regular) consumer of vlc ( very low carb) diet, like the CAMBRIGE DIET - I believe this prevented an earlier diagnosis in me. But I think it encouraged the demonisation of fat people. Lots of “fat makes you diabetic” and no “underlying propensity for diabetes makes you fat” which is what I have been discovering-

Hi @flexi06

Yes I did watch it. Can’t stand the shakes, yuk.
I preferred the BBC programme, “the truth about carbs” Shown, I think , on the 6th. Probably on catch up or eye plyer.

There is a thread about the fast fix programmes at https://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/programme-reminder-wednesday-itv-9pm.151235/

Ziggy2017

Type of diabetes
Type 3
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes and injections
Hi all as most of you probably know I’m in Majorca on holiday I just wanted to tell you all about something that happened today. So my family and I stopped to get a drink I had ordered a Diet Coke but the waitress didn’t speak english very well I ended up with a full sugar coke but I’m pleasantly surprised now that I have came home about a hour and a half later BG is 5.2 :D

Last edited:

Ziggy2017

Type of diabetes
Type 3
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes and injections
I hate the fact that most people think diabetes is down to weight and what you eat :(

Reactions: flexi06

philchap1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi all as most of you probably know I’m in Majorca on holiday I just wanted to tell you all about something that happened today. So my family and I stopped to get a drink I had ordered a Diet Coke but the waitress didn’t speak english very well I ended up with a full sugar coke but I’m pleasantly surprised now that I have came home about a hour and a half later BG is 5.2 :D
They call it Coke lite in Spain , if you're not sure test it with your blood glucose machine.

Reactions: Ziggy2017