What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning all :)

4.4 today

sun is out just now although we had gale force winds and rain yesterday. Perhaps some strimming today if it garden dries up enough, we got half of it done after our hols so it's currently half shaggy and half buzzcut ;)
Have a good day everyone :)
Once again excellent numbers @geefull and a gal that enjoys strimming is my kinda gal:)

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Just been to see Dora the diabetic nurse. HbA1c 38, cholesterol 3.2 everything else they test for is within the range of what they term “normal” - hopefully they are not referring to Norfolk. My feet are still tickly. :)

Wow to you too a very fine HbA1c

Reactions: flexi06 and dunelm

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Great result @HarrisonK - what was it when first diagnosed.
I struggled with weight coming off but then started making beef bone broth and just sipping on that throughout the day and a meal at night with minimum carbs - bit nuts but it did the trick for me to kick start weight loss. Oh, and a lot of staggering through the park.
Good luck. :)

I believe the original was 112, I haven't got the paper handy. The beef broth sounds like a good idea, I remember doing that many years ago for a protein only diet. I've given up staggering but my cross trainer may get more use ;)

flexi06

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Great result @HarrisonK - what was it when first diagnosed.
I struggled with weight coming off but then started making beef bone broth and just sipping on that throughout the day and a meal at night with minimum carbs - bit nuts but it did the trick for me to kick start weight loss. Oh, and a lot of staggering through the park.
Good luck. :)

“Staggering through the park”

Reactions: ianpspurs

Stemar 2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Apricots In A Tin, a story Follows reason!!!. Yogurt,
Hi Everyone,
I hope your all doing as well as you'd expect to be doing, today, whilst dealing with this beast of a condition, we're all burdened with!!!

My BGL's today were just a tad higher than yesterday at 6.7 at 0740 hrs , so another day in the 6's, here's hopping they stay in this area and don't decide to go in the opposite direction, which would be a drama mentally, but physically it would mean just a bit more effort, plus energy loss, again. So I've crossed everything that's crossable, wishing for some luck to hang about for a few weeks, at least.

Last edited:

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all 5.1 today. Woke far too early today - 5.30 - and had hoped for lower fbg as a result. With a little reflection I would obviously settle for that as an average - if only:arghh: That is the problem of snapshot readings they do not give the full picture and can lead to poor decision making:bigtears: Big day of sport so I am going to use today as Father's day. Have a great day people.

Last edited: